Lindy - Sizes, Pros & Cons

LuxNewbie

Feb 15, 2020
I have wanted a Lindy bag for the longest time. But now that I'm starting to keep a lookout on the preloved market, I noticed one thing. It's full of Lindys, some really low priced! Is there something about the bag that only people who own them know about?

I'm looking at a 30 in any neutral tone. Dream colour is gold. Second choice is gris perle but I heard it's a really light gray and stains easily?

Do share pictures too TIA ❤️

P.S - what's a quota bag?

A quota bag is a bag that the store will set a limit of 2 per year per customer. This applies to the Birkin, Kelly, and sometimes the Constance. Typically quota bags require some sort of pre-spend to be able to be offered one.

Worry not, the Lindy is not a quota bag, it’s even frequently available on h.com. Getting the color, size, and hardware combination might require hunting though (for you and your SA). Gold shouldn’t be too bad imo?
I don’t own one so I can’t speak to design flaws or whatnot. But there might just be more lindys because it’s a popular non-quota style. Since there’s no limit on how many you can buy, people might buy more only to sell them on when they get offered a dream B or K?
I’ve also been eyeing a Lindy 30, would refer etain but I’m not ready to commit the $ yet. (Funny that committing the $ for the tiny Kelly twilly charm was nowhere near as difficult for me....)

Reactions: leechiyong
A quota bag is a bag that the store will set a limit of 2 per year per customer. This applies to the Birkin, Kelly, and sometimes the Constance. Typically quota bags require some sort of pre-spend to be able to be offered one.

Worry not, the Lindy is not a quota bag, it’s even frequently available on h.com. Getting the color, size, and hardware combination might require hunting though (for you and your SA). Gold shouldn’t be too bad imo?
I don’t own one so I can’t speak to design flaws or whatnot. But there might just be more lindys because it’s a popular non-quota style. Since there’s no limit on how many you can buy, people might buy more only to sell them on when they get offered a dream B or K?
I’ve also been eyeing a Lindy 30, would refer etain but I’m not ready to commit the $ yet. (Funny that committing the $ for the tiny Kelly twilly charm was nowhere near as difficult for me....)

Oooo! I didn't know there was a limit on how much money you threw at a store in a year I know of the per perchase limits the other brands like LV has but this is a first.

I know the feeling. Hermes is a big investment. More so here where it's 12k (my local currency) in our local boutiques. I also try to avoid carrying my bags to work as it gets the wrong attention. With air travel out, I thought it would give me more time to think and gather advice from the friendly ladies like yourself here.

After all, with that 12k, it can pay for a 2 week trip in Europe and the bagiif purchased there

Oooo! I didn't know there was a limit on how much money you threw at a store in a year I know of the per perchase limits the other brands like LV has but this is a first.

I know the feeling. Hermes is a big investment. More so here where it's 12k (my local currency) in our local boutiques. I also try to avoid carrying my bags to work as it gets the wrong attention. With air travel out, I thought it would give me more time to think and gather advice from the friendly ladies like yourself here.

After all, with that 12k, it can pay for a 2 week trip in Europe and the bagiif purchased there

I wonder if they do like spending limit like LV per se but rather they control the selling of the BKC. I wondering if anyone can chime in if H has a yearly spending limit.

I wonder if they do like spending limit like LV per se but rather they control the selling of the BKC. I wondering if anyone can chime in if H has a yearly spending limit.
We’ve seen forum members spend over half a mil in just a few weeks so no, I do not believe there is a spending limit (or if there is, it’s so astronomical to not be a practical limit).

Reactions: HKsai
I own 3 Lindy 26's so obviously I'm biased towards the style. I do notice that on the secondary market the bigger the Lindy the better the price. So Lindy 30's can be found for a good deal. I think if you search for the Lindy 26 on the resale market you'll see the prices are usually higher.

I do not know of any perceived defects of the Lindy over any other handbag. You can shoulder, hand carry or carry on your forearm. It's a great bag! Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_2465.jpeg
    IMG_2465.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 535
I'm 5'2" and my 26's are more than enough for what I carry. What do you need to carry? Can you provide a picture so we can see?

Have you seen or tried the L26 in person?

That I have not. I tend to impulse purchase a lot. And with luxury, it's better that I do my research on colour and leather type before I hold the bag My way of not wasting my money.

I need to fit my phone, huge bunch of keys, trifold wallet, coin purse, a small makeup pouch consisting of compact powder, lipsticks in 2 colours, lipstick fixer and eyeliner.