Lipstick Sealer Recommendations

MooMooVT

Obesssed
Aug 26, 2017
Hi All -

I searched the forum so forgive me if this is addressed elsewhere and I missed it. I'm looking for a good lipstick sealer. I used one about 20 years ago called "lip fix" but there are a handful of products going by that name now and they seem to be aimed at lip repair vs. sealing a lipstick for longer wear.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Am I using the wrong search terms?

TIA! :flowers:

I have never used lipstick sealer. But my lipstick is long lasting. I use YSL 49 Rouge Pur Couture. I also use lip liners
My lipstick generally wears well - my go-to is Mac Twig and even with fading it blends into my natural lip color. I just received my Hermes Rouge H matte and I do find it loses color from the inner lip outward (as many bold colors seem to do - at least on me). I'll try my other new H lippies tomorrow (Rouge Boise and Rouse Encens) and I doubt they'll show the wear the same as a bold color like the Rouge H.

Hi All -

I searched the forum so forgive me if this is addressed elsewhere and I missed it. I'm looking for a good lipstick sealer. I used one about 20 years ago called "lip fix" but there are a handful of products going by that name now and they seem to be aimed at lip repair vs. sealing a lipstick for longer wear.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Am I using the wrong search terms?

TIA! :flowers:

I had one by Ciate that has since been discontinued. I was completely devasted when I found that I did not properly seal the top, placed it on its side for storage in my makeup organizer, and all the contents spilled out. I haven't been able to find a replacement. I think now with the advent of longwear lippies, there isn't a huge need for lipstick sealers.

Reactions: MooMooVT