Chanel Vertical Pearl Flap Bag - Yay or Nay?

Chanel Vertical Pearl Flap Bag

• Buy it!

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Skip it!

Votes: 19 76.0%

• Total voters

LuxNewbie

Feb 15, 2020
I already have a mini square. I probably can't fit my phone in the vertical pearl, not even my trifold wallet. But so pretty and goatskin...

Pic for reference.

Attachments

• a390d5e8c6b3e23d93d8d7190e2cefce.jpg
    a390d5e8c6b3e23d93d8d7190e2cefce.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 175
It’s a pretty bag but I have a feeling you will get tired of it or find it too fussy after the novelty wears off. If you had a bunch of other practical bags then yes but if this is going to be your primary bag my vote is no.

It’s a pretty bag but I have a feeling you will get tired of it or find it too fussy after the novelty wears off. If you had a bunch of other practical bags then yes but if this is going to be your primary bag my vote is no.

Probably as a special occasion bag. But then again... My mini square probably could double up for that?

Reactions: OCMomof3
I can make a glorified cardholder, or microminibag as fashion would dictate it, work if I hold my phone in my hands. Some days I do that and gush over my silly excuse for a bag. I have wallets bigger than some microminibags, but I adore them. There is not an excuse needed if you really love something. If you really love this bag, you will wear it because of how it looks. If you want a practical bag, you already have your mini square.

Personally I don't think this differs too much from a mini square and it is a lot of money. Keeping your phone in a pocket or your hands is a whole other level of commitment. You say you want to wear this as a special occasion bag, but do you really want to hold your phone in your hands on those occasions?

The best tip I can give you is try to hold your phone in your hands and see if that is something you can live with. If it already bugs you at noon, just the pearls will not justify buying this bag. If you still love the bag even after all of the hassle, then it will be worth it. Not every bag has to be practical but if a bag is not practical, just make sure you love it instead of just want it.

Reactions: OCMomof3
I can make a glorified cardholder, or microminibag as fashion would dictate it, work if I hold my phone in my hands. Some days I do that and gush over my silly excuse for a bag. I have wallets bigger than some microminibags, but I adore them. There is not an excuse needed if you really love something. If you really love this bag, you will wear it because of how it looks. If you want a practical bag, you already have your mini square.

Personally I don't think this differs too much from a mini square and it is a lot of money. Keeping your phone in a pocket or your hands is a whole other level of commitment. You say you want to wear this as a special occasion bag, but do you really want to hold your phone in your hands on those occasions?

The best tip I can give you is try to hold your phone in your hands and see if that is something you can live with. If it already bugs you at noon, just the pearls will not justify buying this bag. If you still love the bag even after all of the hassle, then it will be worth it. Not every bag has to be practical but if a bag is not practical, just make sure you love it instead of just want it.

Actually a reputable consignment shop here has a brand new one complete with receipt. And it's only slightly higher than what I paid for my preloved mini square. Hence my consideration. I'll sleep on it longer and see if it's fate that I own it. Haha

Reactions: Egel
Actually a reputable consignment shop here has a brand new one complete with receipt. And it's only slightly higher than what I paid for my preloved mini square. Hence my consideration. I'll sleep on it longer and see if it's fate that I own it. Haha
I love turning to fate. Do sleep on it and I hope your dreams come true.

The thing is that I am very practical by nature but the bags I love the most are also the ones that are very impractical. I just decided that making a list of pros and cons don't work. If the bag works on paper, doesn't mean it will work in real life. If a bag doesn't work on paper, I can still love it and won't mind making it work. Since then I just go with whatever makes my heart skip a beat.

Reactions: LuxNewbie
It already sounds impractical just in your description and while there's nothing wrong with buying something just because it's pretty it's also a lot of money if you're in doubt about it. So I say skip it :smile: Maybe you can try and buy those pearl-straps and put on your mini for the same effect?

It's dark navy :sad:
Won't the pearls make them look different?

Probably not. I have a black Chanel Rectangular Mini with gold hardware and recently got a Valentino Rockstud Spike in the Small size, also black with gold and thought they would be different enough for me to keep both. Well, they‘re too similar now that I grab my Chanel over the Valentino all the time..

Reactions: LuxNewbie
It already sounds impractical just in your description and while there's nothing wrong with buying something just because it's pretty it's also a lot of money if you're in doubt about it. So I say skip it :smile: Maybe you can try and buy those pearl-straps and put on your mini for the same effect?

That's a really good idea! I'll try that.

Cute bag.. but that would be a NO for me.

Lol that's a really big NO. It is a cute bag for sure

You’ve listed too many negatives in your original post. I would say no on that alone.

if you don’t like that answer, then I would sit on this for a few weeks. If you’re still thinking about it on a daily basis, then perhaps consider purchasing.