Gawker.com blog post, with many comments, on luxury bags

I liked this quote:

According to annual consumer surveys conducted by Coach each year, the average American woman purchased two new handbags a year in 2000; by 2004, that number was more than four.

Someone should write a story about all the shopping that goes on b/c of this forum. Hey, wait, I'm an aspiring writer :yes:

I liked this quote:

According to annual consumer surveys conducted by Coach each year, the average American woman purchased two new handbags a year in 2000; by 2004, that number was more than four.

Someone should write a story about all the shopping that goes on b/c of this forum. Hey, wait, I'm an aspiring writer :yes:

There an idea! :P. Before I joined this forum I think I bought ONE handbag once every two or three years. Just not a top priority or of any interest to me, you know? Since I joined in March I've already purchased THREE handbags!! And I keep ogling and drooling and thinking about purchasing! I should probably go on a purse ban but I tell myself that I get some slack since my inception into the wonderful world of handbag love was so recent :graucho:.

^^^ Hmm, well, I joined in March also. I now have over 1,000 posts. I cannot even tell you how many bags I have purchased, sold, returned and kept ever since finding this forum. :nuts:

I cannot believe people used their Red Cross cards to buy bags!!!!!!!!! Are you serious?!! Where are their priorities?! Really.

Kudus to LV for stop taking the cards for payment.

I remember hearing about Hurricaine Katrina victims buying Vuitton bags with their Red Cross cards. I think that's really terrible and honestly a little materialistic. Hello, the government gave you the money to get things that you NEED, not things that you want.