CHANEL REISSUE

I've always wanted a so black reissue but still can't decide between chevron vs. quilted. What seasons are yours from / when did you buy them? I know they don't come in every season, but I wonder if it's at least every other year?

The chevron I have is from 18A so 2 years ago, Made in Italy, and I purchased it from Neiman Marcus in March 2020. They had a newly released quilted reissue, 20P (maybe, it was definitely a 20 something), and it was made in France. I went back and forth on it because the chevron was older and the quilted was newer but I just love chevron especially on the reissue.

Not sure how often they release the different combos. I’m thinking every other year like you. I would definitely call around, I’m sure you can find the combo you’re looking for.

Reactions: dbcelly
Good to know! The premium in price for the black hardware bugs me, but it's just so pretty... My SA keeps saying it's more expensive because it's extra work to cause a 'chemical reaction' to make the black hw and it's not just painted on. So, no chipping will happen. Not sure if that's true...
Yea, I’m not sure about that either cuz although I haven’t experienced chipping yet. . I’ve heard that eventually that may be an issue. I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. Good luck on ur bag search and be well :smile:

Reactions: dbcelly
The chevron I have is from 18A so 2 years ago, Made in Italy, and I purchased it from Neiman Marcus in March 2020. They had a newly released quilted reissue, 20P (maybe, it was definitely a 20 something), and it was made in France. I went back and forth on it because the chevron was older and the quilted was newer but I just love chevron especially on the reissue.

Not sure how often they release the different combos. I’m thinking every other year like you. I would definitely call around, I’m sure you can find the combo you’re looking for.
Thanks for your reply! I am leaning towards the chevron in the 226 size; 225 is the perfect size imo, but I want to have some variety and 226 can fit more.
I hadn't paid much attention to made in Italy vs. made in France for the reissue. I know for classic flaps, 'most' jumbos are made in Italy - so I wonder if there's a similar pattern for reissues?

Are we 19K So Black Reissue twins?? Congrats on your beauty!! Do you mind telling me how much it was in the US? I paid EU6300 (incl VAT) in January for mine! (A non-So Black was EU5700 at the time.)
We are bag twins :smile: Congrats on yours as well ! Mine was $6992 including tax. I do remember the Chanel website listing the 225 (small) like this for $6000 so it would have been $6555 with tax but I didn’t see the 226 listed at the time so I didn’t even know this was an option until recently . Enjoy ur bag in good health :smile:

Reactions: ChanelCanuck
Thanks for your reply! I am leaning towards the chevron in the 226 size; 225 is the perfect size imo, but I want to have some variety and 226 can fit more.
I hadn't paid much attention to made in Italy vs. made in France for the reissue. I know for classic flaps, 'most' jumbos are made in Italy - so I wonder if there's a similar pattern for reissues?

I personally think the 226 is the perfect size...not too big and not too small. I have no idea how the Made in works...

Reactions: Enjaby215
I don’t think it’s the same, my chevron so black 226 reissue is a made in France. It was my first Chanel bag and so special; though now I’ve come to love the 225 size in my frame more so it’ll be the only 226 in my collection.

Honestly, I love it! I haven't had as much opportunity to use it the past few months, but I have to say I find it more wearable than a CF. So much lighter, way easier to get into and out of, and I don't feel the need to baby the leather as much. I was going to post on the Unpopular Chanel Opinions thread that I know the CF is the HG bag, but really, the Reissue might be superior! :tup:
That’s my unpopular option as well, I just think it’s such a usable beautiful bag. You can cross body every size or double up the strap, and it’s so much lighter. I have yet to ass a CF other then a mini but I have 5 reissues ; I intend to add a CF at some point but haven’t fallen in love with one yet...

So I’ve decided I need to have a reissue in my life and I definitely want a mini-sized one. Is there anyone who happens to own one of the older 224 reissues as well as a newer reissue mini? I’d love to know the pros and cons of each - like is the double flap a nice thing to have or a hindrance, is one slightly roomier than the other, is the leather on the older 224s better, etc etc. Any feedback at all would be so appreciated!

So I’ve decided I need to have a reissue in my life and I definitely want a mini-sized one. Is there anyone who happens to own one of the older 224 reissues as well as a newer reissue mini? I’d love to know the pros and cons of each - like is the double flap a nice thing to have or a hindrance, is one slightly roomier than the other, is the leather on the older 224s better, etc etc. Any feedback at all would be so appreciated!

I dove into the Mini Reissue collecting last year with two from 19s, totally swayed to get Minis > 224s based on the opinions on this thread. :smile: Hope this helps!

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reissue-224-vs-mini-rectangular.1012834/

Reactions: Pkac
Hi! I just purchased a pre-loved reissue 226 chevron in distressed calfskin 26 series and it has a black dust bag. Is that normal or should it be the white one? It has already been authenticated, but I was just wondering. Thanks!

Last edited:
Does anyone have this metallic charcoal reissue? What kind of leather is it? Do you like that kind of unique crinkling? It almost looks like the leather is cracked in places.

Attachments

• 6F48D721-D41A-4EE8-BE08-E474D42A74CA.jpeg
    6F48D721-D41A-4EE8-BE08-E474D42A74CA.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 194
  • CBBBC030-457B-47BB-807D-5A592B594B00.jpeg
    CBBBC030-457B-47BB-807D-5A592B594B00.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 194
Reactions: LJChicago
Honestly, I love it! I haven't had as much opportunity to use it the past few months, but I have to say I find it more wearable than a CF. So much lighter, way easier to get into and out of, and I don't feel the need to baby the leather as much. I was going to post on the Unpopular Chanel Opinions thread that I know the CF is the HG bag, but really, the Reissue might be superior! :tup:

I am having the same thoughts as you. I do find the reissue more wearable than the cf. The fact that the reissue is a light weight bag is such a bonus point.