CHANEL REISSUE

I’m thrilled to finally add my first 2.55 reissue to my collection and join the club! (I had two mini Reissues already from 19A but it didn’t feel “real” until I got a double flap!)

I already posted a reveal on the January 2020 purchases thread so I apologize for repeating thing. My only question to you guys is, is it normal for the curve of the flap to be “pointier” / more folded than a CF double flap or Boy? The flap is much softer than I expected, which I don’t mind from a practical standpoint (makes it easier to get into the bag than a CF, IMO), but I’m just wondering if this is a trait for all Reissues or is it a sign that it’s been worn in? I suppose I’m only a wee bit paranoid because this was the last So Black available so I bought the floor model, and also had to squish it into my carry-on without its box when I was traveling back...

Thanks for your input! I’m so excited to finally have her!

Congrats! Your reissue looks perfectly normal. Mine is 'slightly pointed' at the top flap. How have you enjoyed carrying your new reissue, do you like the look and feel of the bag. I love the practicality and lightweight of this reissue. It's my all time favourite bag that I carry. Functional yet stylish

Reactions: ChanelCanuck
Congrats! Your reissue looks perfectly normal. Mine is 'slightly pointed' at the top flap. How have you enjoyed carrying your new reissue, do you like the look and feel of the bag. I love the practicality and lightweight of this reissue. It's my all time favourite bag that I carry. Functional yet stylish

Honestly, I love it! I haven't had as much opportunity to use it the past few months, but I have to say I find it more wearable than a CF. So much lighter, way easier to get into and out of, and I don't feel the need to baby the leather as much. I was going to post on the Unpopular Chanel Opinions thread that I know the CF is the HG bag, but really, the Reissue might be superior! :tup:

Last edited:
I've always wanted a so black reissue but still can't decide between chevron vs. quilted. What seasons are yours from / when did you buy them? I know they don't come in every season, but I wonder if it's at least every other year?

Mine (Quilts) came out last year and it’s from 19 K. I bought it about a week ago through my Neiman Marcus SA. In the last few years I have noticed that a so black version comes out in either the classic or reissue at least once every other year. I was just waiting for the perfect combo for me :biggrin:

Reactions: dbcelly
Mine (Quilts) came out last year and it’s from 19 K. I bought it about a week ago through my Neiman Marcus SA. In the last few years I have noticed that a so black version comes out in either the classic or reissue at least once every other year. I was just waiting for the perfect combo for me :biggrin:
Good to know! The premium in price for the black hardware bugs me, but it's just so pretty... My SA keeps saying it's more expensive because it's extra work to cause a 'chemical reaction' to make the black hw and it's not just painted on. So, no chipping will happen. Not sure if that's true...

Reactions: Leejah

Attachments

• 93140F9D-0777-40B2-BDAE-7F9F6BCB54C2.jpeg
    93140F9D-0777-40B2-BDAE-7F9F6BCB54C2.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 339
  • 862AC695-62F1-4787-A5F6-28CD63E8ED49.jpeg
    862AC695-62F1-4787-A5F6-28CD63E8ED49.jpeg
    217.2 KB · Views: 332
Good to know! The premium in price for the black hardware bugs me, but it's just so pretty... My SA keeps saying it's more expensive because it's extra work to cause a 'chemical reaction' to make the black hw and it's not just painted on. So, no chipping will happen. Not sure if that's true...

That's good to know. Is that really the case?? I wonder if that's a recent construction change since it seems like so many So Black owners complained about chipping? (I haven't used mine enough yet to notice any chipping but...)