the Trendy Club!

I saw the same bag and love it! But I was really shocked that a bag which is 2 years old, can look like this. Also the scratches inside on the flap love the trendy, but I am really afraid of how it will look in some years if you really wear it regularly

Reactions: Pursegirl65
I saw the same bag and love it! But I was really shocked that a bag which is 2 years old, can look like this. Also the scratches inside on the flap love the trendy, but I am really afraid of how it will look in some years if you really wear it regularly
Also showed it to a professional and she said way too may scratches on hardware that was her concern. It’s not inexpensive either for the condition. I personally do not think this person took good care of her bag. I think if you can take care of it you won’t need to worry.

Reactions: LoredanaLidia
Love the trendy! I prefer the look of it compared to the coco handle, although that is also a pretty bag, but just not something I want at the moment. I want a chevron trendy, and is the trendy only in lambskin now? I hope there will be calf skin or goat later on, and I agree caviar doesn't suit the trendy.

Those who own the trendy, is it heavy because of the metal plate? And are the 3 compartments useful? I like the organisation but I worry that it might be restrictive. I have a muimui Madras flap bag from years ago and the 1st and 3rd compartments are so flat that they are useless. How about the price point, is it worth getting it as compared to a classic flap or 2.55 flap? I have the 2.55 chevron on my wishlist. Thanks!

Love the trendy! I prefer the look of it compared to the coco handle, although that is also a pretty bag, but just not something I want at the moment. I want a chevron trendy, and is the trendy only in lambskin now? I hope there will be calf skin or goat later on, and I agree caviar doesn't suit the trendy.

Those who own the trendy, is it heavy because of the metal plate? And are the 3 compartments useful? I like the organisation but I worry that it might be restrictive. I have a muimui Madras flap bag from years ago and the 1st and 3rd compartments are so flat that they are useless. How about the price point, is it worth getting it as compared to a classic flap or 2.55 flap? I have the 2.55 chevron on my wishlist. Thanks!
I have not had a chance to wear mine yet. This is definitely a favorite to admire for me. It is heavy I think due to the construction of the bag. It only comes in lamb. The lamb is much more durable than the untreated flap lamb. I was told the trendy lamb is not as delicate as some of the classics. There are two larger compartments that are easy to use. The smaller one is towards the back and I would put things you don’t need often and it’s much smaller. If you like an organized bag it’s great! I purchased a small (not as much of an everyday if you carry a lot) and a medium which is a great everyday size for me, but still not too big to go into evening with if that makes sense. These are my first preloved bags and it was definitely worth the money. I saved so much and mine are in excellent condition. This bag looks so classic, but with a modern edge. Good luck and hope I could help a little in your decision making. BTW I have a coco handle as well and that bag is a totally different bag. It’s a much less delicate and very every day type of a bag. Mine is in caviar in the medium. I also really like the chevron in either bag for a change.

Reactions: Miss QQ
I have not had a chance to wear mine yet. This is definitely a favorite to admire for me. It is heavy I think due to the construction of the bag. It only comes in lamb. The lamb is much more durable than the untreated flap lamb. I was told the trendy lamb is not as delicate as some of the classics. There are two larger compartments that are easy to use. The smaller one is towards the back and I would put things you don’t need often and it’s much smaller. If you like an organized bag it’s great! I purchased a small (not as much of an everyday if you carry a lot) and a medium which is a great everyday size for me, but still not too big to go into evening with if that makes sense. These are my first preloved bags and it was definitely worth the money. I saved so much and mine are in excellent condition. This bag looks so classic, but with a modern edge. Good luck and hope I could help a little in your decision making. BTW I have a coco handle as well and that bag is a totally different bag. It’s a much less delicate and very every day type of a bag. Mine is in caviar in the medium. I also really like the chevron in either bag for a change.

Which colours did you get and are they quilts? Are the small and medium like the sizes of the classic flaps? If it ia heavy I would reconsider. Is it because of some sort of lockdown now so yoi haven't worn them? Enjoy wearing them soon!

Which colours did you get and are they quilts? Are the small and medium like the sizes of the classic flaps? If it ia heavy I would reconsider. Is it because of some sort of lockdown now so yoi haven't worn them? Enjoy wearing them soon!
I have the traditional smaller quilting on both. One is a caramel color that is just amazing. The other is a dark gray that’s not found everywhere. Since my other bags are mostly black I was open to more neutrals that were not black. I couldn’t be happier. The colors are beautiful in this bag. These colors are harder to find evidently. Black easiest to find. Yes, I have not had the chance to wear due to lockdown. The weight is what I love about this bag to be honest. Very well constructed and they are not big bags. I love to carry in hand, but easily can carry on shoulder as well. It’s a more structured feel. I am wearing my 19 in large daily and that’s a fabulous light bag and very easy to wear anywhere! I did not anticipate loving the 19 as much as I do, but the more I wear it the more I am in love! Hope this helps. Please stay well and love talking bags especially during these crazy times. Good distraction sometimes

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-26_10-38-46.png
    upload_2020-4-26_10-38-46.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 161
  • upload_2020-4-26_10-38-46.jpeg
    upload_2020-4-26_10-38-46.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 152
I have the traditional smaller quilting on both. One is a caramel color that is just amazing. The other is a dark gray that’s not found everywhere. Since my other bags are mostly black I was open to more neutrals that were not black. I couldn’t be happier. The colors are beautiful in this bag. These colors are harder to find evidently. Black easiest to find. Yes, I have not had the chance to wear due to lockdown. The weight is what I love about this bag to be honest. Very well constructed and they are not big bags. I love to carry in hand, but easily can carry on shoulder as well. It’s a more structured feel. I am wearing my 19 in large daily and that’s a fabulous light bag and very easy to wear anywhere! I did not anticipate loving the 19 as much as I do, but the more I wear it the more I am in love! Hope this helps. Please stay well and love talking bags especially during these crazy times. Good distraction sometimes
Sorry do not know how those images ended up on post

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-26_10-48-39.jpeg
    upload_2020-4-26_10-48-39.jpeg
    21.9 KB · Views: 141
  • upload_2020-4-26_10-48-39.png
    upload_2020-4-26_10-48-39.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 145
  • upload_2020-4-26_10-48-40.jpeg
    upload_2020-4-26_10-48-40.jpeg
    21.9 KB · Views: 139
  • upload_2020-4-26_10-48-40.png
    upload_2020-4-26_10-48-40.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 144

Here is a link of an unboxing on YouTube! It shows the inside compartments pretty good...

Yes it’s only in lambskin but for some reason it seems pretty durable compared to other Chanel lambskin. And most scratches can be buffed out just by rubbing it with your finger. I personally don’t find the trendy heavy and the plate definitely doesn’t add too much to the weight. If you can try it on when things get back to normal, I highly recommend it. The 3 compartments help things stay organized. I use the back pocket for flat things that I’m not constantly reaching for. The other 2 have my wallet, keys, and phone. I only have a reissue and not a classic flap and I find it to be the high quality you expect from Chanel. But as you know price is subjective so only you can really say if it’s worth the price. I think it is. If you end up with one, please post it here!