How to wear a Kelly casually?

Hi gorgeous ladies! I've recently purchased a K28 Sellier in Rouge Casaque - it's my first Kelly! But now I wonder if this bag can go with my gym outfit (oversized tee + leggings + trainers)...? Originally I wanted a retourne but Sellier is very hard to come by in where I am. And SA & SM were super nice, my spending wasn't substantial yet they still made this offer. I hope I can get to use it daily until I find the next bag in Togo! :biggrin:
Of course you can wear anything you want!! Please post a picture with it!

Hi gorgeous ladies! I've recently purchased a K28 Sellier in Rouge Casaque - it's my first Kelly! But now I wonder if this bag can go with my gym outfit (oversized tee + leggings + trainers)...? Originally I wanted a retourne but Sellier is very hard to come by in where I am. And SA & SM were super nice, my spending wasn't substantial yet they still made this offer. I hope I can get to use it daily until I find the next bag in Togo! :biggrin:

You might also consider dressing down your Kelly with a canvas H strap (the 50mm sangle cavale). One of my g/f struggled to use her K32 Sellier until she matched it with a canvas strap and now it’s super easy for her to dress it down., Enjoy your beautiful bag!

• Love
Reactions: 880
Of course you can! You will totally rock it ( and yes- the wider strap is a great idea) Pictures please, so we can all enjoy your beautiful new bag :smile:

Reactions: eckw
You can do anything you want! I think the red makes it more playful, therefore more adaptable for a casual gym excursion. My experience with a 28 sellier is that it is stiff and difficult to get into, so it doesn’t seem as easy to use for the gym. Also, my togo 35 retourne actually fits into tiny spaces such as my work locker because it is very malleable, whereas my sellier 28 can’t fit due to the handle and rigidity of the leather. Ask me how I found this out. My poor 28 had nowhere else to go, so I had to bend the handle forward for an 18 hour shift one day. She is still recovering and now I shall never bring her to work again, poor dear.

Thank you ladies. Here are a couple of K28 with my gym attire. But gyms are closed at the moment so don’t really have to worry about matching gym outfits :P Frankly I wouldn’t want to visit high risk areas until vaccine is available for covid19...

Attachments

• BE48CAEC-7EEF-465E-AAE1-53CEF6A6B392.jpeg
    BE48CAEC-7EEF-465E-AAE1-53CEF6A6B392.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 917
  • A01714B3-5125-4A22-AE90-4C1CEED1FA44.jpeg
    A01714B3-5125-4A22-AE90-4C1CEED1FA44.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 915
I agree with the canvas strap adding the casual vibe. Here's my rouge H K32 with/without her canvas strap.
View attachment 4713208 View attachment 4713209

But I also think you should wear whatever rocks your boat!
samfalstaff, may i ask what type of leather is this K sellier? I would not guess togo, because of the grain and it seems like it would appear slouchier. I have rarely seen a sellier in any other leather than Epsom. It gives the bag such a beautiful look. How long have you had it? Do you think it will remain structured or start to slouch? Your reply is appreciated.

samfalstaff, may i ask what type of leather is this K sellier? I would not guess togo, because of the grain and it seems like it would appear slouchier. I have rarely seen a sellier in any other leather than Epsom. It gives the bag such a beautiful look. How long have you had it? Do you think it will remain structured or start to slouch? Your reply is appreciated.
It looks like goatskin, but perhaps the owner can confirm? @samfalstaff

Reactions: Rockerchic
It looks like goatskin, but perhaps the owner can confirm? @samfalstaff

Yes, it is chevre/goatskin.

I have had it for a year, but I don't use it all that much. I store it with an insert and bag pillow in hopes of maintaining its structure. I have another chevre K32 (sellier) that unfortunately has started to sag a bit.

Yes, it is chevre/goatskin.

I have had it for a year, but I don't use it all that much. I store it with an insert and bag pillow in hopes of maintaining its structure. I have another chevre K32 (sellier) that unfortunately has started to sag a bit.
Thank you for your response. I like the pronounced grain down then center of the bag. My chèvre Birkin does not have that grain at all. Yours is very pretty! It is certainly a bag fitting for many occasions and a keeper for life.

Thank you for your response. I like the pronounced grain down then center of the bag. My chèvre Birkin does not have that grain at all. Yours is very pretty! It is certainly a bag fitting for many occasions and a keeper for life.

You can find threads with info and photos of the Chevre “spine”, more pronounced on chevre de coromandel vs Mysore and presumably the new Chamkila. I think there is a thread here called something like Ode to Chevre that you should love reading.

Last edited: