Can Shiny/Crackly Ever Be Good?

brunettetiger

Follow Your Heart...
O.G.
Apr 17, 2007
Hi all - finally found a black city ('07 3 leather) that was gorgeous when I tried it on (others I have seen IRL were 06 dry, greyish and veiny and no pizzazz - was almost going to give up on black city) and the handles are very comfortable and the bag felt quite natural on me. Sold!!!

But I am worried now because there are some parts that are the shiny/crackly/almost sparkly - not all over, just in some areas. The bag overall is a beauty and pics look like '05 leather (im still a newbie and can't figure out how to post pics small enough for TPF). Is this just dryness? Newness? Does it soften and become 'chewy' or what? Will the sparkly/crackly areas actually peel and crack?

Based on what I have read here, seems like this is an undesirable trait but I think it is what is making this particular bag sizzling hot!

Any opinions?

I think its a personal preference thing. I presonally like it when my bag isn't perfectly, evenly distressed. I would rather have a shiny, crackled bag than a really smooth one. Shiny, crackled bags break in nicely in my experience - they soften up quite a bit.

If this is what you think makes the bag H:nuts:T then that's all that matters! :yes:

I personally never treat any of my bbags: I love they way they naturally break in and developed more vintage characterists.

And btw: CONGRATS!! :yahoo:

Based on what I have read here, seems like this is an undesirable trait but I think it is what is making this particular bag sizzling hot!

If this is what you think makes the bag H:nuts:T then that's all that matters! :yes:

I personally never treat any of my bbags: I love they way they naturally break in and developed more vintage characterists.

And btw: CONGRATS!! :yahoo:

I completely agree!
I LIKE my bags shiny and veiny even if others on here don't :tup:

All new BBags are shiny – the shine wears off with use, so an old bag that has not been restored and is still shiny has less wear.

Veiny (I suppose this is what you mean by crackly) is a personal preference (I love veiny). But veiny to the point where you can see the leather peeling is another matter.