Hermès mask inspirations

I made this a couple weeks ago with an extra dustbag! I did have to cut and re-sew the pieces. I used the same drawstring to keep it in the hermes theme!
Love this! With this design I bet you could even slide in a filter to make it even more protective. I have been looking into cutting up the hvac filter to fit as a filter for my kids mask. The higher the merv rating the better it will filter. Not perfect, but better than nothing. Hope you are staying safe Yoshi!!

Love this! With this design I bet you could even slide in a filter to make it even more protective. I have been looking into cutting up the hvac filter to fit as a filter for my kids mask. The higher the merv rating the better it will filter. Not perfect, but better than nothing. Hope you are staying safe Yoshi!!

Hi there! Thank you so much! That is a great point that I can slip a filter in. I think my brother ordered a few filters for us to cut up and use.

Thanks and hope you are staying safe too!

Reactions: GoldFish8
Hi there! Thank you so much! That is a great point that I can slip a filter in. I think my brother ordered a few filters for us to cut up and use.

Hi Yoshi!! Can you post a pic of the other side of the mask? I’m gonna try to figure out how you did this! Also, what dustbag did you use, shoes? Or?

Love the creativity! You don't need a HVAC filter, I heard that you can slip a coffee filter in if you don't have anything else.

Hi Yoshi!! Can you post a pic of the other side of the mask? I’m gonna try to figure out how you did this! Also, what dustbag did you use, shoes? Or?

Love the creativity! You don't need a HVAC filter, I heard that you can slip a coffee filter in if you don't have anything else.

Thanks y'all! Here is the back. I used the dustbag for the strap of my evelyne. I took it apart completely but cutting and undoing the seams of the sides, and cut it right down the bottom line. I then placed one piece over the other perpendicular like a cross where the hermes logo was centered on the front and folded the ends over of the logo piece and did a very very crappy loose stitch haha

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 10.54.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 10.54.29 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 362
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 10.54.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 10.54.40 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 369
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 10.54.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 10.54.53 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 363
Reactions: GoldFish8
I’m waiting for someone to try this with a 45 scarf!
How to make a No-Sew Pleated Face Mask with Handkerchief and Hair Tie

mask_material.jpg

Materials:
- Handkerchief (A regular cotton handkerchief of 18" x 18" is used in this tutorial.)
- 2 hair ties

mask_1-2.jpg

1. Place the handkerchief face down.

mask_2.jpg

2. Fold the top to the center.

mask_3.jpg

3. Fold the bottom to the center.

mask_4.jpg

4. Flip over.

mask_5.jpg

5. Fold the top to the center.

mask_6.jpg

6. Fold the bottom to the center.

mask_7.jpg

7. Flip over.

mask_8.jpg

8. Thread the ends of the handkerchief through the hair ties.

mask_9.jpg

9. Fold the sides of the handkerchief.

mask_10.jpg

10. Flip over. You have a pleated face mask!

mask_11_2.jpg
Wash the mask after each use & you'll always have a clean mask.

elastic%20bands.png

If you have tights that have a hole or a strain, make elastic bands from them. Very soft and stretchy, they are actually more comfortable than regular hair ties. Don't worry, the tights will curl into themselves that nobody would notice you were wearing old tights on your face!
Elastic bands from a sock are also comfy and can be good alternatives. However, they tend to shed.
Video:

From here:
https://blog.japanesecreations.com/no-sew-face-mask-with-handkerchief-and-hair-tie

anyone? :P

If you want a luxury mask, make it from Fortuny fabric. Last time I checked, it was nearly $700 per yard and sold by the repeat (repeats are huge - more than one yd). Would be gorgeous!