Which LV should I buy for my mom

vodense

O.G.
Feb 8, 2014
She needs a smaller bag, that can fit her essentials - phone, cards, keys and glasses. A bag that is both versatile in use but also dressier for fancy occasions. And the bag needs to be lightweight! I wanted to get her the Eva, but it's really difficult to come by one second hand (in Denmark) in pristine condition - and to a fair price.

Pricewise there's no limit. I want the bag to be a classic that won't go out of style within the next year or two. I was thinking of either the Alma BB in DE, the Favorite in DE or pochette accessoires with a strap.

Do you guys have any recommendations?

Reactions: gelbergirl
What about one of the smaller Speedy bags with a shoulder strap attached? Totally classic and practical. My Mom loves LV and I bought her one many years ago and she still uses it since it's pretty much timeless. Actually, I bought her an LV in Denmark while on vacation, as a matter of fact. Fantastic country!!!

I might get something slightly bigger than the Eva. I have the Eva & just put in my glasses, card case (which is empty so would be a little thicker), keys (6key) and a phone. It zips but barely. I don’t usually carry my glasses in my Eva. If those are the things your mom needs to fit I’d go slightly bigger in size.
E9F75033-73A4-478D-A321-A9B67E660800.jpeg

Maybe Pallas BB or Croisette? Those may be a better size.

Last edited:
Go for the pochette accesoires. its really versatile. you can change the vachetta strap into gold chain strap for special occasions. its percect for running errands, as you can use a long strap for crossbody. Plus the price is very reasonable. its classic and will never go out of style. i think the damier azur is perfect for a dressy occasion as its not too loud like the monogram. i have it and it will be one of my forever piece.

What about one of the smaller Speedy bags with a shoulder strap attached? Totally classic and practical. My Mom loves LV and I bought her one many years ago and she still uses it since it's pretty much timeless. Actually, I bought her an LV in Denmark while on vacation, as a matter of fact. Fantastic country!!!
I think it's called the Nano Speedy? Not sure.

Seconding Pallas if you can find on 2nd hand market there. I know some styles are less common in some countries.

If crossbody is an option at all, emp twinset might work too

I would pick a speedy too. Probably not a nano speedy, but a 25 or 30 would be perfect. It's classic and timeless.

Reactions: Metalblond
How’s about the Felicie in Empreinte? My mom is 90 and loves her mono one. My 70 year old sister has the black empreinte one. Thinking the black one can be dressy. It