Authenticate This Balenciaga

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please see post #1 for complete Balenciaga authentication rules. All requests must be posted in this thread. Authentications are not done via private message or in any other thread.

See the link below for examples of the photos needed and the format they should be in (clear, close up, forward-facing, no angles, right way up, no bends in tags).

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/required-pics-for-balenciaga-authentication.741442/

A link to the listing in question is required.

It is an authenticator’s right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format. If the listing you are interested in is missing photos it is your responsibility to request them from the seller prior to posting in this thread.

Thanks and be well!

Last edited:
Hi Authenticators! I bought this bag from a friend who is from Italy, she claims that she bought this bag from the outlet store.. I just need your help authenticating this bag for me :sad:

Item Name: Balenciaga City Edge
Link: N/A
Seller: friend from Italy - claims this item is from the outlet store
Who took the pictures: I did
History of the bag: Brand-new bought from an outlet store in Italy
Comments: I have the item on hand; just wanted to know if I was ripped off and bought a fake one :sad:

IMG_0466.jpeg
IMG_0467.jpegIMG_0468.jpeg IMG_0469.jpegIMG_0471.jpg IMG_0472.jpgIMG_0473.jpg IMG_0474.jpg

Hi Authenticators! I bought this bag from a friend who is from Italy, she claims that she bought this bag from the outlet store.. I just need your help authenticating this bag for me :sad:

Item Name: Balenciaga City Edge
Link: N/A
Seller: friend from Italy - claims this item is from the outlet store
Who took the pictures: I did
History of the bag: Brand-new bought from an outlet store in Italy
Comments: I have the item on hand; just wanted to know if I was ripped off and bought a fake one :sad:

View attachment 4704928
View attachment 4704929View attachment 4704930 View attachment 4704931View attachment 4704932 View attachment 4704933View attachment 4704934 View attachment 4704935
You don't have the best pics, plus no close up of the bale and the rivet but based on what I see I'd say not authentic, sorry.

Reactions: ksuromax
Hey all, I posted a thread a few days ago with a bunch of "buying my first bag ever" questions; now hoping to get some opinions on what I hope will be that first bag! I'm missing photos (and going to contact the seller for them) but was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me first impressions re: authenticity of the following bag.

Also, could someone explain the "front and back of the inside tag" photo requirement? In the example here it looks like there's one tag that's sewn down (the purple one that says "Balenciaga Paris" and a second tag (beige "made in italy") that's detachable. Are they the same thing, or two separate tags?

Thanks in advance for any response - even if it's just telling me to get more pictures. As I mentioned in my thread, I am new here and to the bag world, so I'm doing my best to educate myself (which is a little overwhelming at times!) and be respectful.

Item Name: Le Dix
Link: Vestiaire
front.png
P.S. Any thoughts on whether or not this is a good buy would be greatly appreciated too. To me, the bag looks a little shapeless (does anyone think it can be recovered?) but otherwise fine. I don't really know what to look for though, so the perspective of a trained eye would be great!

Attachments

• front.png
    front.png
    838.8 KB · Views: 72
  • back.png
    back.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 74
  • back.png
    back.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • tag.png
    tag.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
  • bale.png
    bale.png
    898.5 KB · Views: 75
  • bale2.png
    bale2.png
    849.2 KB · Views: 75
Hey all, I posted a thread a few days ago with a bunch of "buying my first bag ever" questions; now hoping to get some opinions on what I hope will be that first bag! I'm missing photos (and going to contact the seller for them) but was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me first impressions re: authenticity of the following bag.

Also, could someone explain the "front and back of the inside tag" photo requirement? In the example here it looks like there's one tag that's sewn down (the purple one that says "Balenciaga Paris" and a second tag (beige "made in italy") that's detachable. Are they the same thing, or two separate tags?

Thanks in advance for any response - even if it's just telling me to get more pictures. As I mentioned in my thread, I am new here and to the bag world, so I'm doing my best to educate myself (which is a little overwhelming at times!) and be respectful.

View attachment 4706318
P.S. Any thoughts on whether or not this is a good buy would be greatly appreciated too. To me, the bag looks a little shapeless (does anyone think it can be recovered?) but otherwise fine. I don't really know what to look for though, so the perspective of a trained eye would be great!
Hi, have to say I'm totally unfamiliar with this bag, @ksuromax can you help? @peacebabe ? @Conni618 ?

Reactions: swangswang
Hi, have to say I'm totally unfamiliar with this bag, @ksuromax can you help? @peacebabe ? @Conni618 ?

What I've gathered from my research is that the Le Dix bag was introduced F2013. I have read one account stating that the name refers to what the City bag was called before release (possibly in reference to its dimensions) and another that says it's named after address of the first Balenciaga store/Balenciaga perfume.

The designer, Alexander Wang, left Balenciaga in 2015 and I haven't found any evidence that the design continued to be produced after, but goshdarnit I would be in the store tomorrow (i.e. the day after social distancing ends) if it were! :lol:

What I've gathered from my research is that the Le Dix bag was introduced F2013. I have read one account stating that the name refers to what the City bag was called before release (possibly in reference to its dimensions) and another that says it's named after address of the first Balenciaga store/Balenciaga perfume.

The designer, Alexander Wang, left Balenciaga in 2015 and I haven't found any evidence that the design continued to be produced after, but goshdarnit I would be in the store tomorrow (i.e. the day after social distancing ends) if it were! :lol:
Le Dix referred to the earliest moto bags, the very first Firsts. If this was a Wang bag there’s no way it would be in production now so only pre-loved. Although I used to collect AW bags under his own brand some years back I didn’t pay attention to all of his styles when he was with Balenciaga.

View attachment 4706318

i am not familiar with this model either, but good sharp shots of the front tag (this one is angled and blurred), back side of the tag and zipper head could, probably, help?

Last edited:
Le Dix referred to the earliest moto bags, the very first Firsts. If this was a Wang bag there’s no way it would be in production now so only pre-loved. Although I used to collect AW bags under his own brand some years back I didn’t pay attention to all of his styles when he was with Balenciaga.
Very cool, thanks for the info! It's fascinating for me to learn about modern Balenciaga (I only consider myself knowledgeable about the original House, and they definitely didn't make handbags before '68!) :smile:

i am not familiar with this model either, but good sharp shots of the front tag (this one is angled and blurred), back side of the tag and zipper head could, probably, help?
On it. :tup:

I imagine not, but is there a "go-to" resource for old collections? Vogue does a good job with looks, but bags - not so much.

Very cool, thanks for the info! It's fascinating for me to learn about modern Balenciaga (I only consider myself knowledgeable about the original House, and they definitely didn't make handbags before '68!) :smile:

On it. :tup:

I imagine not, but is there a "go-to" resource for old collections? Vogue does a good job with looks, but bags - not so much.
You’ll find a lot of info on Ghesquiere’s era here on TPF, not so much on Wang’s. He really wasn’t involved long enough to make a significant impact IMO.

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please see post #1 for complete Balenciaga authentication rules. All requests must be posted in this thread. Authentications are not done via private message or in any other thread.

See the link below for examples of the photos needed and the format they should be in (clear, close up, forward-facing, no angles, right way up, no bends in tags).

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/required-pics-for-balenciaga-authentication.741442/

A link to the listing in question is required.

It is an authenticator’s right to ignore a request that is not in the proper format. If the listing you are interested in is missing photos it is your responsibility to request them from the seller prior to posting in this thread.

Thanks and be well!
Thanks Vlad!