Re-sellers and coronavirus

bbwmusic

Nov 30, 2009
What are your thoughts about ordering from a re-seller site at this time? I don’t want to be paranoid but want to be responsible and safe. Do you feel comfortable ordering?

I would be more concerned about the box than the contents. Handle it carefully with gloves and wash hands after handling. Open it outside and leave it in the garbage/recycle bin. No need to bring it inside.

Assuming you are ordering via mail, it will take at least a couple days for the item to reach you. In that time, any viruses will be dead.

Came back to this thread because I think it's an interesting topic.

Yes, if the person sending the virus was infected by the time it reached you, it would no longer be viable. But all the other handlers along the way could technically be infected and transfer to the outside box. I think that's the concern for a lot of people receiving packages right now.

Aside from virus worries/risks, does anyone think that resellers, e.g., TRR, have raised or set high prices as they are one of the only games in town with the major department stores and designer boutiques closed? Lots of stuff like Chanel and Dior RTW is not sold on line.

Aside from virus worries/risks, does anyone think that resellers, e.g., TRR, have raised or set high prices as they are one of the only games in town with the major department stores and designer boutiques closed? Lots of stuff like Chanel and Dior RTW is not sold on line.
I haven't noticed that at all. In fact I've seen most of the resale sites (Fashionphile a major exception) offering 10-20% off their inventory. Yoogis, Anns, TRR, etc. have all had major sales since the virus broke in the US. They are in a luxury market and fewer people care about their merchandise right now. They will likely benefit when people do start to buy again - many will have no choice but to buy 2nd hand if they've lost income and the traditional stores will have lower stock levels. The resellers are in a great position right now, they can likely buy cheap from panicked sellers and sell the model at the same pricepoint as before, while making a larger profit.