The Kelly that gives that ultimate casual cool vibe

Rockerchic

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
Just curious on everyone's opinion of the ultimate casual cool vibe kelly. What size? type? color? skin? hardware? would it be for you.
I'm thinking 32, retourne, graphite, clemence, PH ....wish I had a picture to post

Love your thoughts! and if you have modeling pictures, glamour shots of the bag, pictures of public figures....

graphite3-jpg.1292743

I found this from kewave....with canvas strap no less!!!!!!! Perfection

For me, a larger Kelly, like a 35 Retourne, gives that casual cool vibe more easily than a smaller K. Of course. it all depends on how you style it. My own “casual cool Kelly” is a vintage Barenia 35 retourne. Admittedly, it’s more cool in an Indiana Jones or safari way than a rocker chic cool, but I love it and wear it the most in my small K collection.

Someday, I’d love a black or graphite slouchy swift K32 with PHW to complete my collection!

I’ll look though my photos and find more cool, casual K photos that aren’t me!

4BCE45F8-B187-4AC8-943C-FB520E38F040.jpeg 98D3A340-7358-4C5D-AAAE-EA5087C6F756.jpeg

Last edited:
For me, a larger Kelly, like a 35 Retourne, gives that casual cool vibe more easily than a smaller K. Of course. it all depends on how you style it. My own “casual cool Kelly” is a vintage Barenia 35 retourne. Admittedly, it’s more cool in an Indiana Jones or safari way than a rocker chic cool, but I love it and wear it the most in my small K collection.

View attachment 4703385 View attachment 4703386
I LOVE that!!!! and your style is very similar to mine. Thank you so much for posting! and very cool guittar strap. Do you mind telling us where you got that?

Catsinthebag, those are amazing pix! I thank you for posting them. the Renee Z pic is one of my favorites of all time.
I am totally changing my mind now as to what is the ultimate casual cool Kelly. Do you think Renee's is a 32 or 35? i know she is tiny.

• Love
Reactions: keodi, PamW and RT1

Someday, I’d love a black or graphite slouchy swift K32 with PHW to complete my collection!

View attachment 4703385 View attachment 4703386
Absolutely gorgeous!! I'd go with 32 or even 28, slouchy barenia or box - maybe a black swift as well. For me, retourne is a must for this particular ULTIMATE casual.

Totally agree with the graphite 32cm and Barenia 32cm being fabulous examples of the ultimate cool, casual Kelly. Somehow, I feel larger bags like this suit this esthetic really well!
Luckylove, are you thinking 35? I'm wondering what pictures from above are 35. Some look large but i'm certain the ladies are very tiny so not sure.

Reactions: keodi