No April Fools’ Day This Year

Megs

I love bags
Admin
O.G.
Sep 13, 2005
If you've been around here for a while, you may know that @Vlad and I love a good April Fools' Day joke that we try to pull off yearly. Many times, our members forget and we get them, one time making everyone turn into Vlad, another year with a garishly awful new design, and another year no matter what button you pressed we alerted you that you requested your account terminated. It's always brought us such joy to have fun with you all, especially when we try to pull off a forum wide joke one day a year.

We've gone back and forth about this year and if we should have an April Fools' Day joke. On one hand, I think we all could use a silly distraction that may bring a smile to your face in an otherwise incredibly heavy and scary time. But on the other hand, we all are being faced with such anxiety and uncertainty, and at this point many of us know someone who has contracted COVID-19 and we worry for ourselves and our loved ones. On top of that, there is a lot of financial uncertainty that comes with it all.

We decided to pass this year. There are a lot of other ways we think we should spend our energy, mainly in helping others. If you are able, here are some organizations that could use donations to help those most impacted at this time:

No Kid Hungry

United Way (you can donate to the worldwide fund or local funds)

Prevent Child Abuse America

Doctors Without Borders

There are many other local organizations you can research in your community. Be sure to see that the organization you pick maximizes the effectiveness of every dollar contributed!

We are a small business that employs a 4 people full-time, a handful of freelancers, a web development and design team, and a couple illustrators. One way that we make money is through commission based off sales we sent to partners, meaning when you click on a shopping link on our site and purchase anything we make a small commission on that sale. For all of April and May (or as long as this pandemic continues), we will be donating a portion of our proceeds to some of the charities listed above on top of personal donations we have made. We believe strongly in giving back, in helping others, and doing our part.

If you are shopping online, bookmark our shopping page and click any of those links before you checkout. It helps us continue to employ our team during this time, as many larger campaigns have been cancelled for the year. We are so appreciative of all of you over the years. You've been with us from when we started this site, to our engagement, marriage, and baby 1 and 2! We consider ourselves so lucky every single day and I truly love this community.

Thank you to the essential workers who leave their families and loved ones daily to provide for us, an extreme thank you to health care workers battling this on the frontlines, and thank you to all of you for doing your part. Stay home, stay safe, and thank you for being part of a community that has changed me in so many ways. :heart: Megs and Vlad

OMG, forgot all about this! I remember all those pranks! It was really fun! I am thankful for being a member of this community from the start, I am a nurse in a really active ICU and Tpf has been a part of my break periods at work. It’s a matter of time that I get COVID 19 as I am directly exposed. We are scared as @#$&. I’m going to work tonight and I just packed my COViD shoes and goggles , it is what it is . I wrote it on another thread about my friend who got pulled to a COViD unit and she just cried but there’s nothing we can do. It’s part of the job there’s no exception unless you’re immune compromised like on chemo or has CA. We all have our turn. Thank you all for staying home.

Last edited:
Wasn't last year the year some TPF members who are lawyers got worked up about the April Fool's joke? that was a good one (especially since you got REAL lawyers worked up!!)

Thanks for providing this space for purse lovers to gather. I think many come here to unwind and take a break from all that's happening in the world. I've been lucky to be working and doing it from home, and TPF is a nice distraction for in between working and reading the news.

OMG, forgot all about this! I remember all those pranks! It was really fun! I am thankful for being a member of this community from the start, I am a nurse in a really active ICU and Tpf has been a part of my break periods at work. It’s a matter of time that I get COVID 19 as I am directly exposed. We are scared as @#$&. I’m going to work tonight and I just packed my COViD shoes and goggles , it is what it is. Thank you all for staying home.
Thank you for all you do and please stay safe! :heart:

If you've been around here for a while, you may know that @Vlad and I love a good April Fools' Day joke that we try to pull off yearly. Many times, our members forget and we get them, one time making everyone turn into Vlad, another year with a garishly awful new design, and another year no matter what button you pressed we alerted you that you requested your account terminated. It's always brought us such joy to have fun with you all, especially when we try to pull off a forum wide joke one day a year.

We've gone back and forth about this year and if we should have an April Fools' Day joke. On one hand, I think we all could use a silly distraction that may bring a smile to your face in an otherwise incredibly heavy and scary time. But on the other hand, we all are being faced with such anxiety and uncertainty, and at this point many of us know someone who has contracted COVID-19 and we worry for ourselves and our loved ones. On top of that, there is a lot of financial uncertainty that comes with it all.

We decided to pass this year. There are a lot of other ways we think we should spend our energy, mainly in helping others. If you are able, here are some organizations that could use donations to help those most impacted at this time:

No Kid Hungry

United Way (you can donate to the worldwide fund or local funds)

Prevent Child Abuse America

Doctors Without Borders

There are many other local organizations you can research in your community. Be sure to see that the organization you pick maximizes the effectiveness of every dollar contributed!

We are a small business that employs a 4 people full-time, a handful of freelancers, a web development and design team, and a couple illustrators. One way that we make money is through commission based off sales we sent to partners, meaning when you click on a shopping link on our site and purchase anything we make a small commission on that sale. For all of April and May (or as long as this pandemic continues), we will be donating a portion of our proceeds to some of the charities listed above on top of personal donations we have made. We believe strongly in giving back, in helping others, and doing our part.

If you are shopping online, bookmark our shopping page and click any of those links before you checkout. It helps us continue to employ our team during this time, as many larger campaigns have been cancelled for the year. We are so appreciative of all of you over the years. You've been with us from when we started this site, to our engagement, marriage, and baby 1 and 2! We consider ourselves so lucky every single day and I truly love this community.

Thank you to the essential workers who leave their families and loved ones daily to provide for us, an extreme thank you to health care workers battling this on the frontlines, and thank you to all of you for doing your part. Stay home, stay safe, and thank you for being part of a community that has changed me in so many ways. :heart: Megs and Vlad
Thank you so very much for The PurseForum and for being so awesome ! Luv you guys and be safe, healthy and well... we need you to be around forever !
"J!m"

I have loved the pranks of years past but agree that passing this year was the right choice. Such a lovely post to inspire the spirit of giving and hope during this difficult time. Listing ways to help others along with links and sharing the PF "team" position currently is appreciated. One thing missing is perhaps a link to a gofundme or something of the sort for you, the Forum team, or anyone on the staff who may need help during this time. I know I (and others) have been here for years and some of you are like family now. A place where we could contribute and pitch in towards helping would be good if it is something you might consider. Thank you for fostering and continuing to care for this community. Let us come together to help the PF family employees:flowers:

Thank you so very much for The PurseForum and for being so awesome ! Luv you guys and be safe, healthy and well... we need you to be around forever !
"J!m"
Plus 1! The Purse Forum has provided the perfect escape for me through several difficult periods during the last few years and right now is more important than ever. We’d be lost without it :heart:

OMG, forgot all about this! I remember all those pranks! It was really fun! I am thankful for being a member of this community from the start, I am a nurse in a really active ICU and Tpf has been a part of my break periods at work. It’s a matter of time that I get COVID 19 as I am directly exposed. We are scared as @#$&. I’m going to work tonight and I just packed my COViD shoes and goggles , it is what it is . I wrote it on another thread about my friend who got pulled to a COViD unit and she just cried but there’s nothing we can do. It’s part of the job there’s no exception unless you’re immune compromised like on chemo or has CA. We all have our turn. Thank you all for staying home.

THANK YOU for what you do for everyone, I truly can not thank you enough! I can't imagine how you and your colleagues feel at this time. Is there anything we can do to help?

Completely understand your decision this year.
My Navy daughter heads up the Covid testing clinic at Camp LeJeune. Anyone here who has followed her various deployments knows how she tends to throw herself into the most precarious situations. She keeps her dad & I on our toes, always has, but we are grateful to her and all you brave souls who are out on the frontlines.
May God bless you and keep you healthy and strong.

Wasn't last year the year some TPF members who are lawyers got worked up about the April Fool's joke? that was a good one (especially since you got REAL lawyers worked up!!)

Thanks for providing this space for purse lovers to gather. I think many come here to unwind and take a break from all that's happening in the world. I've been lucky to be working and doing it from home, and TPF is a nice distraction for in between working and reading the news.
OMG what was last years one I forget? Being in the UK I'm usually fully aware of it being April fools day as we're ahead of you guys in the US. So I quite enjoy coming here and sussing out what the prank is. I did wonder if you'd do anything this year though!
Thanks for all you do and keep up the good work! :flowers::flowers:

I have loved the pranks of years past but agree that passing this year was the right choice. Such a lovely post to inspire the spirit of giving and hope during this difficult time. Listing ways to help others along with links and sharing the PF "team" position currently is appreciated. One thing missing is perhaps a link to a gofundme or something of the sort for you, the Forum team, or anyone on the staff who may need help during this time. I know I (and others) have been here for years and some of you are like family now. A place where we could contribute and pitch in towards helping would be good if it is something you might consider. Thank you for fostering and continuing to care for this community. Let us come together to help the PF family employees:flowers:

Thank you for thinking of us! Honestly, the most we ask of you is if you're shopping to do so through our shopping links here. We know so many people are impacted far worse than we are, so we are doing the best we can to keep things going as we navigate this time. Really appreciate the love and thoughts!

We do have some new projects we've been working on for a while that we are going to launch soon, as an extension of the site, and supporting that will be most helpful too! :party: :heart:

Completely understand your decision this year.
My Navy daughter heads up the Covid testing clinic at Camp LeJeune. Anyone here who has followed her various deployments knows how she tends to throw herself into the most precarious situations. She keeps her dad & I on our toes, always has, but we are grateful to her and all you brave souls who are out on the frontlines.
May God bless you and keep you healthy and strong.

Your daughter is something else! She is some sort of special and wonderful, but surely keeping you on your toes!! Tell her thank you from us, and let us know if there's anything we can do to help her!