Bottega Veneta coloring problems!!!

KellySeadog

Mar 4, 2020
Hello, I used wet wipes for face and hands to clean my Bottega Veneta Marie bag in butterscotch colour and that’s what happened! Did somebody have the same problem? Maybe you know the solution. I’m in panick now.

Is the bag still wet on this picture? Or is it dried?

From what i've heard, ppl recommend Nivea Baby soft wet wipes. They used to be called "Soft & Care" (used them long time ago on beige leather jacket with success)
nivebabywetwipessoftcare.jpg

Source: beautycosmetic.biz

Now i see they've changed to " Soft and Cream", i'm not sure if they are the same thing now.
NIVEA-BABY-SALV.-63PZ-SOFTCREME.jpg

Source: immashopping.com

I’m so sorry. I was in such a panick because I first time experienced something like it with my bag. After half an hour it’s okay. I really thought that I ruined my bag (changed the colour, put some dirt on it etc). So it was just wet Right now it looks like on the photo below.
Thank you everybody for your help.
So much sorry for my panick

Attachments

• CFFF7366-3302-4792-B333-3809358311D8.jpeg
    CFFF7366-3302-4792-B333-3809358311D8.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 216
Reactions: papertiger
From my experience it looked wet. Light colour leather does look like that at first when you use wet wipes. I'm glad it's fine now.

I agree, you should get appropriate leather cleaner and conditioner.

^ No, not the staff at Bottega Veneta.

Sorry, my bad, i wasn't precise, ppl as "ppl on the internet" (when you need a quick fix for a problem, and you google possible solutions).
I'm not saying wet wipes are ok, they are far from that. But i had success with Nivea ones.

This leather is very resistible to scratches though it’s very smooth but linings become dirty after some time. You can see it in the picture. I bought the bag in December and I don’t know how to clear it now.

Attachments

• 74993BCE-264D-49B7-8416-F742F3685DDA.jpeg
    74993BCE-264D-49B7-8416-F742F3685DDA.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 79