Netflix’s Tiger King

I think he is guilty too but those three guys set him up for the fall too. Everyone in the series was terrible except for Travis, John (his 1st husband although I read he really was not the 1st), and guy without legs, and the campaign manager. Jeff had a lot of nerve acting like a victim when he stole the whole business from Joe and I don’t understand how people don’t see that Carol is just as bad. She is the same as those she condemns, putting the tigers in cages and having those people work for free with a color tshirt as compensation.

Joe and John are predators and prey on the weak and troubled.

I agree, those other three set him up for the fall. Though terrible people who did terrible things, they were all a little more grounded in reality than Joe was so it made it that much easier to leave him holding the bag.

Carol was a nasty piece of work too. She, Joe, and Antle were cut from the same cloth.

Which John? The husband or the manager of the zoo who lost his legs? I thought of John, the husband, as less of a predator and more of someone who was willing to use people for money, cars, drugs, etc. And John Reinke, the zoo manager, seemed like such a lovely spirit to me who just lost his way in life and found something he loved that kept him going. He and Erik (the long blonde haired zookeeper) genuinely broke my heart. The campaign manager seemed super naive and like he was a victim in all of this as well, though to a lesser degree.

Besides John R., Erik, and the campaign manager, the only people in the whole thing that I didn't despise were Saff and Rick (the producer who was still pretty sketch).

As you can tell, I was way too emotionally invested in this!

I agree, those other three set him up for the fall. Though terrible people who did terrible things, they were all a little more grounded in reality than Joe was so it made it that much easier to leave him holding the bag.

Carol was a nasty piece of work too. She, Joe, and Antle were cut from the same cloth.

Which John? The husband or the manager of the zoo who lost his legs? I thought of John, the husband, as less of a predator and more of someone who was willing to use people for money, cars, drugs, etc. And John Reinke, the zoo manager, seemed like such a lovely spirit to me who just lost his way in life and found something he loved that kept him going. He and Erik (the long blonde haired zookeeper) genuinely broke my heart. The campaign manager seemed super naive and like he was a victim in all of this as well, though to a lesser degree.

Besides John R., Erik, and the campaign manager, the only people in the whole thing that I didn't despise were Saff and Rick (the producer who was still pretty sketch).

As you can tell, I was way too emotionally invested in this!
I think I have gotten some names confused. I meant to say Doc and Joe preyed on the weak, vulnerable and troubled. Joe plied Travis and John with the drugs and material things they wanted to get them to be with him. They were essentially gay for pay. Doc has some kind of polygamy cult going on and is working those women from sun up to sun down. I wish they would have talked a little bit more about the reason the one woman left.

Some people speculate that Carole may have been a prostitute because of where she found her second husband and the fact that they ended up at the hotel the same night. Her third husband looks like Prince Charles lol.

i agree with you on those that seemed sweet and to have lost their way in life. I can’t believe Safa went right back to work and gave up reconstructive surgery just for Joe and the tigers. Crazy! That red head guy that had to go to court seemed high as a kite in one scene. I think the stress of it all took a toll on him. Rick was a little out there too.

No, keep it coming! I was totally blown away by this series and had way to many WTF moments and having to rewind it to see if I heard something correctly.

I binge watched this last weekend but think I have to watch it again...
My random take always:
- Joe got 19% of the vote for governor?
- Joe got 2 straight guys to marry him?
- did Joe really open the pizza restaurant to the public that sold pizza with toppings that Walmart was throwing away
- I’ve never seen so many bad tattoos in my life (I’ve seen prison tattoos that look better)
- is there no hairdressers in town, does everyone cut their own hair?
- were we suppose to like anyone, I’ve never watched a doc series where every person was so bad in their own way

I binge watched this last weekend but think I have to watch it again...
My random take always:
- Joe got 19% of the vote for governor?
- Joe got 2 straight guys to marry him?
- did Joe really open the pizza restaurant to the public that sold pizza with toppings that Walmart was throwing away
- I’ve never seen so many bad tattoos in my life (I’ve seen prison tattoos that look better)
- is there no hairdressers in town, does everyone cut their own hair?
- were we suppose to like anyone, I’ve never watched a doc series where every person was so bad in their own way
-He did! I was surprised he received so many votes too lol.
-Yes, but he had to buy them and I believe he knew why they were with him.
- Yes! It was expired meat! I almost threw up when I saw the blood from the meat at the bottom of the barrel. The meat had obviously thawed. I wonder what people that ate at his park and saw the series think lol. What about the Thanksgiving dinner? You couldn’t pay me to eat there the way everyone looked so filthy.
- I couldn’t understand why John filmed the entire time without a shirt. I’m happy to learn he got dentures or something. He looks a lot better. That bull coverup wasn’t the best but better than what was there.
-Forget the cuts, what about the bad dye jobs?!
-Most were unlikeable but I did feel bad for Travis. He was drugged out and a slave to his addiction which kept him with Joe. I can’t believe his mom didn’t try to step in. Joe started messing with him at 17, right? I think he didn’t mean to do what he did and I felt sorry for the naive campaign manager that witnessed it.

Joe was a narcissist. I can’t believe how he treated the animals and how he spoke at the funeral in front of the deceased’s mom. I was mad when he was beating the tiger because it smelled something on his shoe. Surprise a Tiger was being a tiger. No one tried to help him though. Cold!

^ poor Travis, he clearly was not all there and I can’t believe his Mother went to work for Joe as well, instead of grabbing her son and getting him out of that mess.
That was some eulogy Joe gave him, talking about his genitalia in front of his family CLASSY!
I also felt bad for the campaign manager, to witness Travis shooting himself is something that will never leave him sadly

^ poor Travis, he clearly was not all there and I can’t believe his Mother went to work for Joe as well, instead of grabbing her son and getting him out of that mess.
That was some eulogy Joe gave him, talking about his genitalia in front of his family CLASSY!
I also felt bad for the campaign manager, to witness Travis shooting himself is something that will never leave him sadly
I couldn’t figure that one out. So did Travis’ mom go to work for him before or after his death? She seemed high or something in her interview.

I hope he got help. He went from selling ammo in Walmart to being a campaign manager for Joe’s crazy butt. I guess he did pretty good though considering the amount of votes Joe got lol.

Reactions: slang
okay, wow that is a lot and some of your questions now has me confused lol.
1. I thought it was after his bid
2. I thought it was because of Allen’s wrap sheet. But it seems like Joe would have asked just about anyone to do it because he just couldn’t shut up and hide his dislike for her. He let it consume him while the others shrugged it off.
3. I thought Jeff went to Vegas early in meeting Joe and that was partly why Joe trusted him and thought he was a rich big shot. I thought Jeff didn’t find out about the embezzling until later and that was what motivated him to setup Joe. Apparently Allen did go to Florida to get Carole but something happened and I can’t remember. Yes, James claims he became an informant because his lawyer told him the Feds had him over the lemur thing.
4. They never went into detail but they inferred that Jeff threatened Joe. They talked about Jeff and his friends wrap sheets. Remember how Joe became upset with the reporter because word had gotten back to Jeff that Joe was talking. He told the reporter over the phone that those people are dangerous.

Ha, I know, right? I felt like I was following the chronology pretty well for the first 5 episodes, and then ep 6 confused me because it jumped back and forth to that blow out with Joe and Jeff, and also when James approached Carole with dirt on Joe (which is what led to him becoming an informant).

1. I thought it was after his bid too, but didn't James go to Carole in late summer of 2017? Meaning he became an informant while Joe was still campaigning? (The state elections were in 2018, right?)

3. Allen claims he didn't end up making it to Florida, right? Only Joe said he did? But Allen said he wound up in another state and ended up "partying" (cut to all those montage images at strip clubs) the whole time?

4. I sort of wondered whether Joe was implying that Jeff was dangerous since Jeff said he'd shoot him, but he was maybe actually more fearful that Jeff was gonna sell him out over the embezzling and the murder-for-hire?

Maybe I'm over thinking it. I think I need to re-watch 5 and 6 again. (Or at least maybe the first ep where James was introduced, because James seemed to throw a wrench in there and I'm like, who IS this guy!)

Reactions: Winter’sJoy
Ha, I know, right? I felt like I was following the chronology pretty well for the first 5 episodes, and then ep 6 confused me because it jumped back and forth to that blow out with Joe and Jeff, and also when James approached Carole with dirt on Joe (which is what led to him becoming an informant).

1. I thought it was after his bid too, but didn't James go to Carole in late summer of 2017? Meaning he became an informant while Joe was still campaigning? (The state elections were in 2018, right?)

3. Allen claims he didn't end up making it to Florida, right? Only Joe said he did? But Allen said he wound up in another state and ended up "partying" (cut to all those montage images at strip clubs) the whole time?

4. I sort of wondered whether Joe was implying that Jeff was dangerous since Jeff said he'd shoot him, but he was maybe actually more fearful that Jeff was gonna sell him out over the embezzling and the murder-for-hire?

Maybe I'm over thinking it. I think I need to re-watch 5 and 6 again. (Or at least maybe the first ep where James was introduced, because James seemed to throw a wrench in there and I'm like, who IS this guy!)
1. OMG! Your post is going to make me watch it again because now I’m all confused! Lol

3. I think James was lying and did go to Florida.

4. That’s certainly a possibility.

I thought James became an informant because of the lemur situation.