What’s your unpopular LV opinion?

• Thread starter MagpieInTraining
  • Start date
I like vachetta leather and wish they would bring back the all vachetta collection... particularly the noe and mini noe.

For now, I'm enjoying the Madewell poor woman's version:
madewell-desert-camel-the-mini-lafayette-bucket-bag-beige-product-1-443175114-normal.jpeg

I don’t like the Neverfull and think it’s super overrated, but I’m also not a tote bag person. It’s just a big open bag. I get that it’s sturdy and holds a ton, and maybe I’d change my mind if I had a kid and needed it for more practical reasons, but style wise, I’ve never seen one person carrying it where I thought it looked especially good. And i see them everywhere. Just no style to them!

Disclaimer: This is not to offend anyone. Simply an opinion. I am not a business minded person but a client who loves nice things and willing to pay in many other's opinion silly money on such items. I have moved further away from wanting to buy LV over the years and focus primarily on savings for Hermes and/or Chanel. I have read this thread and just reread my post. I am questioning if this speaks to the title of this thread - I think it may have started off this way but ended up being my pet peeves with LV. Sorry if I went a little too off topic. Thanks for reading!

I believe LV is slightly lost and the brand is becoming diluted because I find them wanting to cater to way too large of an audience and not paying attention to the little details that make buying luxury items so special. Regarding their bread of butter of handbags and related accessories, I feel they are focusing on the bottom line of pleasing their investors with earnings instead of the clients who are ultimately driving their earnings. Why do I say this?

1. Their selection at any one time is way too huge and diverse. What's the vision? Inspiration? Where are they going? Intended audience in the market?
2. I can appreciate collaborations but LV's collaborations lately feels too contrived and gimmicky.
3. When a client walks in to spend on a high end luxury price, make them feel special and not like they are walking into the Gap (ok, maybe this is going a little too far with this comparison but you get what I mean. *^__^*). It doesn't matter if they are spending on a coin purse or an exotic - either way they are going to pay a way higher price on that item than if they went standard. Everyone is at a different point in their life and the majority of us have to prioritize our money, save then happily execute and walk out as a proud owner of any kind of luxury item!
4. SA's - spend time with your clients, listen to them, get to know them, show them different items that he/she never thought of and help them edit their choices when making that final decision. I don't believe in overselling or selling clients items they don't need, etc. but I do believe in genuinely showing clients other bags/items that he/she may have not thought of that fits their aesthetic. Many of us don't know what could potentially look great which is outside our comfort zone and don't know the inventory like a SA would.
5. For the love of humanity, can LV please just spend the extra $.50 on some tissue paper or something eco-friendly or get the right size boxes to at least not make my unboxing experience feel like an elementary school child wrapped it. I've received presents wrapped with more love and attention than my LV purchases. I mean, come on, you have a magnetic-like box with a hand tied ribbon in a branded quality shopping bag and then you open your box and your item is swishing around in there like a pinball machine. I just spent a lot of money on whatever item, keep the experience going by making me feel the love when I unbox and see it again at home. Is it asking too much? If it is a green initiative, then tell me such. I don't mind if there is a rational but right now, it seems like LV is just being cheap and saving where they can. Nothing about what I am buying in LV is cheap, so I feel strongly they shouldn't cheapen out just because now they have my money and no longer care about me or my purchase.
6. Another pet peeve is the dust bag. They need to just scrap the current design and start over. I don't know but when I unbox or grab my LV item from the closet, my initial feeling is cheap because of how it looks and feels. Shouldn't I feel a wow, this is luxury?

Whoa this is getting long. Stopping here. Do you think I have opinions or what?

If anyone from LV is reading this, my advice is this - Keep it classy. Classy doesn't mean keep it boring and produce the same "classic" items in different colors and similar iterations (*cough, cough Chanel*). Find your way. You ever hear of that saying - Jack of all trades master of none? Be thoughtful on everything from when a client walks into the door to the experience of using that bag years later.

Thank you for anyone who actually read my long rant. *^__^*
This is such a thoughtful and accurate post, and I agree with most of it. Yet the funny thing is I still love LV. Having found a wonderful CA has made all the difference in the world. With regard to the comment about LV losing its identity and trying to please too many people I can certainly see why it would appear this way. So many styles and designs, and more coming every month. I think even the CAs can’t keep track of them all. However, the silver lining is that for certain clients, there is a higher chance of finding something that works for their life and purpose. For example I love the IDEA of Hermes. But their bags styles don’t work for my life and price point don’t work for my budget. I need smallish, relatively light functional bags that allow for crossbody carrying and I’m leaning much more toward leather pieces now. The mini Lindy in Togo is the closest thing but the price and the availability are deterrents. And I can’t even try on the bag. And because LV comes up with so many styles I have discovered bags that I like that I never thought I would. They challenge me and make me think (and wonder?) sometimes. But this is supposed to be about an unpopular opinion. So yeah. Never understood the how people can stuff a Neverfull. Wouldn’t that skinny strap kill your shoulder? It’s probably my problem only. Bony shoulders with a nerve problem and a Neverfull do not mix.

I can never understand the hype about LV limited products. Most of the items will be on display somewhere shortly after a launch. To me exclusive is custom made to order not mass produced. My observation comparing Chanel to LV at least with Chanel you can see exactly what store ordered a product and the quantity. With LV that sort after item good luck even with prepaying for the item there is no guarantee your order will be fulfilled. I actually laugh out loud when a new collection drops and people are going crazy for certain products.

LV is now that entry into luxury handbags, just like the way Coach used to be. I am amazed how un-customer service like some of their SA's are. LV needs to step up to the plate as people can easily wait and save their money for other luxury purchases. I get the price and demand for LV, but I walked away from a part canvas/leather handbag due to quality and price.

I was very dissed with the 2019 Christmas Animation collection and how I could not order over the phone. I ran around to all the local boutiques within 60 mile radius and had to experience a not good feeling. I get that was a limited item. An LV Customer Service agent told me... those are on reserve and "offered" to LV clients.

Hmmm.. so LV is getting up on their high horse (LOL)!!!??? Okay bae... BYE!