“Sheltering in Place” with Hermès

I took this photo to post tomorrow but I just watched the news and need to lighten my mood.
My big Buddha and BdC in Craie. It may be a bit impractical because of its color but I love it.....
View attachment 4696048
I love craie too and have the same reservation as you but I'm pretty sure if I'm ever offered a B in craie, I'll yield to the temptation :P

Reactions: keodi and diane278
I love craie too and have the same reservation as you but I'm pretty sure if I'm ever offered a B in craie, I'll yield to the temptation :P
I had doubts when I first bought it. I thought I’d have some issues with oil from my hands but I haven’t. The only real care I take is when I carry it wearing dark wash jeans. I predict you’d yield too...and I’d encourage you to do so!

What I love about Hermes is the places that their beautiful scarves will whisk us away to. No better time than the present to take an adventure in our fantasies!

Today is an African Safari with a Neutral Herbag and a vintage scarf
I can see your fantasy....it’s perfect for your bag & scarf! I may copy your idea. I think it’s brilliant.

I just stumbled upon this post and I just wanted to share my story about my chanel mini.
PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE ME!! I KNOW THAT THERE ARE HORRIBLE DEVISTATING THINGS GOIN ON IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW AND TALKING ABOUT MY BAG SOUNDS SO SELFISH AND ITS SUCH A FIRST WORLD PROBLEM PLEASE TRUST ME I UNDERSTAND.

So about 4 weeks ago I sent in my brand new chanel mini in for repair because it got a mysterious stain on it and they said it will be back in my arms between 4-6 weeks, Unfortunately the covid-19 epidemic is happening and it is devastating and they closed all the chanel stores and also the factories abroad (with good reason) and I was not aware until I read the email chanel sent to everyone. With that I assume I won't be getting my chanel mini back for a very long time and I am so sad about it. I worked so hard for that bag I saved my money and also sacrificed doing anything nice for myself for months to get that bag and all for this to happen just makes me sad, I feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I am a hard working mom of two almost done with my bachelors degree and yes my hard earned luxury items bring me joy. Again I am aware how selfish the sounds ok im not asking for people to now bash me but being as this is a luxury handbag community I wanted to just vent my sadness without being made feel like a complete idiot.

also chanel won't give any updates which is understandable, I just wish I had some type of light in this situation.

I just stumbled upon this post and I just wanted to share my story about my chanel mini.
PLEASE DO NOT JUDGE ME!! I KNOW THAT THERE ARE HORRIBLE DEVISTATING THINGS GOIN ON IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW AND TALKING ABOUT MY BAG SOUNDS SO SELFISH AND ITS SUCH A FIRST WORLD PROBLEM PLEASE TRUST ME I UNDERSTAND.

So about 4 weeks ago I sent in my brand new chanel mini in for repair because it got a mysterious stain on it and they said it will be back in my arms between 4-6 weeks, Unfortunately the covid-19 epidemic is happening and it is devastating and they closed all the chanel stores and also the factories abroad (with good reason) and I was not aware until I read the email chanel sent to everyone. With that I assume I won't be getting my chanel mini back for a very long time and I am so sad about it. I worked so hard for that bag I saved my money and also sacrificed doing anything nice for myself for months to get that bag and all for this to happen just makes me sad, I feel like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I am a hard working mom of two almost done with my bachelors degree and yes my hard earned luxury items bring me joy. Again I am aware how selfish the sounds ok im not asking for people to now bash me but being as this is a luxury handbag community I wanted to just vent my sadness without being made feel like a complete idiot.

also chanel won't give any updates which is understandable, I just wish I had some type of light in this situation.
We are all handling this stressful experience the best we can. Tpf is a place where people who love beautiful things come to be with others who feel the same. I don’t doubt that everyone here would give up every luxury item in their closet to save someone they love, or even a stranger. I’m here as an escape from what’s going on that I have no control over. The future feels very uncertain right now. I hope yours becomes what what you’ve been working so hard for. You must be very strong to go to college, work and raise two children.
(I realize that I’ve been rambling here.....sorry)

Last edited:

Try to distract yourself by looking at things like this thread where you can see other people’s pretty things. Before you know it the bag will be in your hands again.

And if it’s any consolation, Hermes has a tendency to take forever when you send in stuff to the spa, sometimes months so you could always pretend that Hermes is taking care of that stain for you instead of Chanel, that’s why they’re taking so long

Try to distract yourself by looking at things like this thread where you can see other people’s pretty things. Before you know it the bag will be in your hands again.

And if it’s any consolation, Hermes has a tendency to take forever when you send in stuff to the spa, sometimes months so you could always pretend that Hermes is taking care of that stain for you instead of Chanel, that’s why they’re taking so long
:lol:

No one is judging you dear :heart: you've accomplished so much studying , working and taking care of 2 kids and saved for your dream bag . That bag holds sentimental value to you only TPF members can understand . And this is a thread where people post pictures of their luxury goods while quarantined it doesn't get any crazier that.

After the spread of the virus in France and Hermes US boutique closed , I was worried about people there and they're wellbeing . BUT THEN , it came to me !! My spacial order bag didn't arrive yet ! What if it got stuck in my local boutique and I can't pick her up ! What if i't was done but can't be shipped from France !! Worse than that , what if they started making my order , and after they cut the leather and start sticking it , they had to stop and close every thing ! and my bag now is in pieces in the workshop !!!

I tried to be calm . The next day I got a call from hermes that my Bag arrived and ready to pick up :nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts: I was over the moon . I don't go grocery shopping but I can go pick her up :biggrin:. Put on my mask and gloves and brought my baby home.

Good news! It's not raining today so I can get out for exercise! I'm so grateful to have beautiful things like this tray to brighten my home and this thread to brighten my day:

View attachment 4696261 View attachment 4696262

Rain can mean different things to different people . This thread made me appreciate our middle east sun more here where it is 99.9% sun shine , rain only happens 10 or less times a year . But when it rains no one stays in doors :biggrin: I don't mind getting wet . We Even enjoy rain in Europe while everyone is not in the mood for it :amuse:. They say that sun kills COVID-19 so lots hope for that .