What do you think could happen?

Yeah, never heard of LV giving discounts.

You should wait out the crisis and see where you stand financially. I think it's very imprudent to be purchasing luxury items, when many others are struggling to get groceries. Unemployment is going to be a big problem when the storm is over. So many department stores and brand names are closed now.

It just seems so redundant to even be thinking about buying a bag.

Like many here have noted, I'm holding off on discretionary purchases as well. We moved in to a new home 7 months ago and it's been nothing but an outlay of money ever since. I also snagged a few new bags and a new watch during that same time so it's more than fine that I hold out until the situation stabilizes.

I hope everyone stays safe and comes out ok financially. :drinks:

And with all due respect. I don't mean harm, but luxury shopping is tied to specific memories. A trip, the birth of a child, an engagement, graduation, new job,....etc.

I'm afraid if you get this bag, all it will remind you of is Covid 19. Who wants that?
You mark a good point.. I think I much prefer saying it’s the after Covid bag..as a sign that we made it through!

hey guys,

Does anyone remember the crash of 2008 and what happened to LV prices?
I’m om the verge on pulling the plug with the Dauphine backpack and my husband says it’s not a good ides with all that’s going on. He says why not wait and see if prices drop?
Is that Logical? Could this happen?
Price will not drop, they'd rather discontinue the bags than dropping prices, luxury is all about maintain it's status

So interesting to read this post. I’ve been just about to pull the plug on a DA Speedyb 25, and just keep telling myself I should wait-seems like a good idea. I’m also one of the “OGs” and don’t ever remember their prices dropping....stay healthy and safe, all....

Has Louis Vuitton physical stores ever closed like this before? This is whole new ground- you never know they might lower them, maybe not.
Well, they are temporarily closed due to the order "shelter in place", not because they are not doing well. But we will see. If the crisis will take for too long, it is possible they will close (for good) some of them, due to not enough buyers. But they are not going to do it right away. I expect they will wait and calculate cost/profit of opening and closing a new store. They already made the investment, so they want to lose as less as possible.

Reactions: fdc
I don’t think it very likely they will significantly drop the price down. This scare is worser than the Ebola outbreak. Once this scare dies down, we could see the market rebound.

If anything it would make LV stall price hike perhaps.

Reactions: EpiFanatic
Prices dropping would be great BUT... another idea would be to check out falling currencies and buy from a dropped market value. Eg: New Zealand or Australia $$ have fallen, so if you’re from USA OR BRITAIN for example; this would be a great way to save... you just need someone to buy and send on etc.. just a thought!

I guess the world freezes over first, before LV drops its prices. I am no expert in any way, but I think I remember that even in a financial crisis the demand for luxury products was still high as there are always wealthy people out there.
I personally will not buy anything that is not essential right now. What am I to do with all my LV bags anyway when I am isolated at home ??