Does it work?

• Works!

Votes: 107 71.8%
  • Doesn’t work!

Votes: 42 28.2%

• Total voters

Kuschelnudde

Jun 14, 2019
I‘ve tried out the classic flap in size jumbo. It’s definitely too pricey at the moment and I still want to enjoy my other bags first but I‘m curious if you think that it works for me. I definitely consider it for a big purchase next year.

Hardware is gold but I would definitely choose silver.

Attachments

• 0E62A4CB-6362-40ED-9492-0B5FF8DF6FED.jpeg
    0E62A4CB-6362-40ED-9492-0B5FF8DF6FED.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 1,144
For style? It’s definitely a beauty, but for functionality, it’s only you who will know if it will work for you. It’s a bag not a relationship so if you love it, go for it, a bag will never go wrong

I also have the same jumbo in shw and love it but I think it’s a bit too big and boxy as a crossbody even for taller people like you and me. I find it gets in the way as a crossbody. Loving the excited smile!

Reactions: topglamchic
I‘ve tried out the classic flap in size jumbo. It’s definitely too pricey at the moment and I still want to enjoy my other bags first but I‘m curious if you think that it works for me. I definitely consider it for a big purchase next year.

I personally think this would look great on you in the So Black. In gold it looks quite feminine and I think maybe in silver hardware it would too. The classic flap is quite feminine to me. I think you would suit something edgier like the Gabrielle or Boy. Or do you already own these?

Not a fan of jumbo cross body. Strange though I've seen taller girls wear the maxi single flap cross body and I had no issues with it.

Silver is a more casual option.

Thank you for all your feedback!

Some of you are right, it definitely has a boxy look to it but that’s also probably the feature of the jumbo anyway, regardless how you wear it.

If I had the money right now, I would probably buy it. Having slept it over and considering your opinions, I still really love the bag. Yesterday I couldn’t help but admire it because it is such an iconic bag and I have a thing for classic designs (bags, cars, lamps...) There is just something special about them.

I think it looks great on you and you look so happy! But again itmay get annoying because of boxiness as others have said.

Have you tried on a Reissue at all? Because I think that would also really suit yo and the leather is softer and more flexible if you went for the traditional aged calfskin.

Reactions: Jdltcb and eckw
I think it looks great on you and you look so happy! But again itmay get annoying because of boxiness as others have said.

Have you tried on a Reissue at all? Because I think that would also really suit yo and the leather is softer and more flexible if you went for the traditional aged calfskin.

I did! Tried out the 255 I guess. It looks excellent imo but I have a Boy bag with ruthenium hardware + a reissue WOC + a Gabrielle so black with distressed leather.

While I love the look of it I feel that it doesn’t add much to my collection. At 5k I just cannot justify a reissue, as great as it looks.

Attachments

• 0A45440B-3C3B-454B-8A07-AA9F484E3BCD.jpeg
    0A45440B-3C3B-454B-8A07-AA9F484E3BCD.jpeg
    351.8 KB · Views: 880
I did! Tried out the 255 I guess. It looks excellent imo but I have a Boy bag with ruthenium hardware + a reissue WOC + a Gabrielle so black with distressed leather.

While I love the look of it I feel that it doesn’t add much to my collection. At 5k I just cannot justify a reissue, as great as it looks.

Thanks for sharing more pics! It definitely looks great on you, but I totally get where your coming from with the other pieces in your collection (which sounds lovely btw!) I do think the Jumbo looks better on you than the reissue, even though I'm a die-hard reissue gal and done even own a CF.... yet (I would love a grey caviar cf with silver hardware).

Reactions: Kuschelnudde
Love this on you! Yes the jumbo is boxy but like you said it’s just the design shape of the bag. It comes down to personal preference. I love the jumbo and it looks great on your frame, definitely a great piece for the next addition to your collection.