eBay Safety Tips for Buying & Selling

I would be filing a police report and depending on the amount, a lawsuit. People like that have to be stopped. I had someone do something similar to me and eBay ruled in my favor but I still worry she will try to do something like that with her cc. If she does, I will not stop until justice has been served. I know a lot of people would rather just not deal with it or the expense but I would. I also have proof she fabricated multiple stories. I just can’t deal with liars and thieves so I no longer do high value items on eBay.
THIS!!! .. had to do the same when I purchased a Hermes Birkin on eBay and NEVER received it (out over $2000). I went to the FBI, filed an Internet Fraud report and then did the investigation, found her and she was arrested and tried. Mind you, I never got my $$$ back, but at least she now has a criminal record .. karma is a b!tch!!!

Well, I have some bags that I have and will be listing. I did put a disclaimer stating that I am doing an unedited video from the shipping location of the bag, serial number, packing, handing off and receipt/tracking. When a CC company tells you that is one way to go about it, you listen and comply. I'm hoping scam buyers will think twice but I'm also hoping it doesn't scare off honest buyers.
Unfortunately, ebay no longer accepts the video as confirmation. I recently found this out. I sold a new shawl H, but mistakenly sent a different color. I usually do not accept returns, but in this case I agreed. I offered the buyer a replacement for the right color, a refund part of the money, a full refund. The buyer said that she did not like the color and pattern and asked for a full refund. She sent me a used shawl. The tag was torn off. I sent a complaint and called support twice. They said that the video is not accepted as confirmation. As a result, I have a used shawl and the buyer has a full refund. And no protection for the seller.

• Sad
Reactions: apursenewbie
I'm thinking of starting to sell again on eBay with returns allowed within a certain time period. Are there security tags that can be used for items such as clothing that don't have loops, buttonholes or zippers?

Just a warning to be careful of sellers located in China if you are in the USA. I recently (April) purchased from a seller that was listed as being in China and I paid with Paypal. Ever since that purchase, about 1 month afterwards, I started to receive very random (unsolicited and unpaid for) packages at my door pretty much every week, stuff like a comb, a t-shirt, cat play toy, and a mini puzzle. I reported it to the post office and they said it is a brushing scheme that is very common and comes from purchases from Ebay and Amazon and originates when you purchase from Chinese sellers. You can read up on brushing, but I'm upset that I made that purchase since I usually stick to sellers located close by to me. The packages have your name and address and there are weird visible labels underneath with Chinese characters/writing. The sellers you purchase from send you random stuff and use your name and address to create accounts and write their own reviews all over the marketplaces.

Yes, this happened to my Amazon purchase too. Those random garbage shipping/delivery is to provide proof of shipping and delivery, even they shipped totally different and cheap objects. Of course, since they provided the proof of delivery, the claim will not be accepted.

• Wow
Reactions: Addicted to bags
I haven't sold anything in over two years after selling a bottle of niche fragrance to someone who claimed the bottle was empty. (It was 99% full). I didn't fight it at the time because I just couldn't handle a fight at the time. So buyer got a free bottle of fragrance; I got nothing. It turned me off eBay and I have not sold anything since.

I'm thinking of selling some fragrance again. Does anyone recommended it or is it too much hassle. Also in the past I only used Pay Pal as a Pay option and now I see eBay seems to require your checking acct' number. I never gave them that in the past. Buyer paid through PayPal and I retrieved my money from my PayPal account. Thanks for any advice.