"Is this Normal?" Ask about LV stitching, alignment, etc. here!

tenor.gif

It wouldn’t bother me. It’s fine, it looks like it is stitched up well. I’m sure if you were to look at other Neverfulls you would see the same thing, or other things, that might draw your attention.

I don’t have a Neverfull. But I have seen lots of other LV bags, even $3,000 bags, with wonky stitching, or even....missing stitches! So this bag looks pretty good to me.

Also, I see that you’re new here. Welcome! Don’t be deterred by those who roll their eyes at your question. I think we see a lot of questions like yours because 1) an LV bag costs a lot of money and we want to see perfection, when perfection doesn’t exist in anything and 2) we don’t want to look silly exchanging a bag over an immaterial reason, because LV stores and SA’s can be intimidating. So, that is why people check here first as to whether something they see is “immaterial”. I don’t mind these questions at all.

I hope you will relax and enjoy your beautiful bag!

It wouldn’t bother me. It’s fine, it looks like it is stitched up well. I’m sure if you were to look at other Neverfulls you would see the same thing, or other things, that might draw your attention.

I don’t have a Neverfull. But I have seen lots of other LV bags, even $3,000 bags, with wonky stitching, or even....missing stitches! So this bag looks pretty good to me.

Also, I see that you’re new here. Welcome! Don’t be deterred by those who roll their eyes at your question. I think we see a lot of questions like yours because 1) an LV bag costs a lot of money and we want to see perfection, when perfection doesn’t exist in anything and 2) we don’t want to look silly exchanging a bag over an immaterial reason, because LV stores and SA’s can be intimidating. So, that is why people check here first as to whether something they see is “immaterial”. I don’t mind these questions at all.

I hope you will relax and enjoy your beautiful bag!

haha, this account is new but I have an older account associated with an email I dont use anymore so I am well aware of how others react to these types of questions. While I have other designer bags from other brands, this is my first venture into Louis Vuitton so I'm not sure what to expect. I'm not particularly bothered by the unevenness more so how high the overlap sits up, I worry that it will be prone to rolling or flapping over time. But you are right, it does appear to be stitched well. Thank you for your thoughtful response, I dont really want to deal with the hassle of exchanging (though it's well within the exchange time frame), I was more looking for advice from people who look at LV bags all of the time on whether this was normal or if it's something to be concerned about... because honestly, I have no idea. Judging by the exasperated responses.... I'll assume it's okay and not worry about it. :smile:

Reactions: Annawakes
I just got the Mono Bumbag. Absolutely love it! But I wore it for the first time the other day and noticed the threads on the sides (see pics) and I wonder if it’s normal stitching? Also one other pic shows the two sides not exactly the same (I was worried that’d be a site more prone to cracking)? Any bumbag owners could share their thoughts / pics of their bumbag closeup? TIA!

Attachments

• 6AEA4A2E-A3F9-4FC5-AE3B-E739DBDA7D03.jpeg
    6AEA4A2E-A3F9-4FC5-AE3B-E739DBDA7D03.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 319
  • DCC46D9F-88C1-4978-BC8F-3AF878AC532D.jpeg
    DCC46D9F-88C1-4978-BC8F-3AF878AC532D.jpeg
    159.4 KB · Views: 324
  • 4CCD323D-A846-479F-922C-FF3DCF33816C.jpeg
    4CCD323D-A846-479F-922C-FF3DCF33816C.jpeg
    239.1 KB · Views: 323
karman said:
Wondering if the crooked stitch on your Pochette Metis handle is normal? Or those wrinkles on the side of your Speedy Bandouliere? What about the little nick in the leather on the tab on your Pochette Accessoires? Scratched up button on your Victorine wallet? Unexplained dots on your Escale canvas? Worn off glazing on your Neverfull after only 1 month? Should you return/exchange?

We get A LOT of "Is this normal?" threads here on the LV forum. Just doing a quick search for "is this normal" in the LV forum ONLY, and ONLY searching titles, there are over 200 thread asking "Is this normal?" To ensure there's a single place for you to ask questions and get answers from people, and maybe make it easier for others after you with similar concerns, please ask them here.

Another suggestion: Please do a search of the LV forum. If you noticed something, maybe someone has already asked it especially if it's general questions about alignment, leather wrinkles, etc. If you click on the magnifying glass near the top right, you can do a search within the LV forum only by checking the box that says "Search this forum only". A search suggestion would be "normal pochette metis", for example.

For those asking questions: To help with searching within this thread, here are suggestions of keywords to include your post so that others reading through this thread can search your post if they have a similar concern. I'm not asking you to post in this format, but this would help!
  • Item material/canvas and style (example: Monogram Speedy 25 - please refrain from abbreviating since this means certain styles like "PM" for Pochette Metis and "PA" for Pochette Accessoires won't be searchable)
  • Issue you're asking about (example: leather wrinkle)
  • Location of the issue (example: under handle)
  • And of course, a photo or photos!
And for those searching within this thread, you can go up to the magnifying glass at the top right of the page (under your avatar, mailbox and flag/notifications), check the box "Search this thread only" and enter the keywords. For example, for my above example I can type speedy leather wrinkle handle and hopefully others' previous posts would show up!

For those answering questions: please be kind if you're in this thread! And remember to quote the person you're responding to!

Sometimes 100% perfection isn't possible. These items/bags/small leather goods are meant to be ENJOYED! ;)

just purchased the LV Neverfull MM in DE and noticed a single red stitch on the outside handle. Would you consider this a defective bag?

A1D06F5D-4F2C-4A2E-8522-7597D43D13F6.jpeg

6A6B7948-2D0C-4BDF-A832-FDFE757CAD74.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: