What’s your unpopular LV opinion?

• Thread starter MagpieInTraining
  • Start date
My unpopular opinion:
I much prefer monogram to be paired with vachetta rather than the black leather. Mono + vachetta is the classic combo and i love vachetta leather. it is a gem in the LV crown, the change in the leather is intriguing and i love the history it comes with. The mono with black leather on the other hand seems a bit mismatched and the black makes the monogram canvas seem even more darker, making it look gloomy! :angel:

LV bags @ formal events - maybe it’s just my take but I think of LV bags esp canvas prints as casual bags, not what I’d wear to a wedding or formal/evening event. I will say there are exceptions and people who are able to style them more elegantly but overall I think it often looks out of place.
Agreed. But LV does make some beautiful formal bags. I bought this for my daughter's wedding and I love it.
fullsizeoutput_d01.jpeg

My unpopular opinion:
I much prefer monogram to be paired with vachetta rather than the black leather. Mono + vachetta is the classic combo and i love vachetta leather. it is a gem in the LV crown, the change in the leather is intriguing and i love the history it comes with. The mono with black leather on the other hand seems a bit mismatched and the black makes the monogram canvas seem even more darker, making it look gloomy! :angel:
Hard agree. Never been a fan of the black leather with the monogram canvas.

Just a fun discussion thread (not meant to offend anyone!) idea that came into my head today.

A very close friend and I had a long discussion on LV today, and we found that we both hold two (fairly strong and opposing) opinions that are mostly not shared by others.

For her, she really dislikes the monogram canvas because she thinks it’s too showy (I don’t agree :biggrin:, since almost all my LV is mono) and in your face. Her personal preference is Damier Azur, since she is also quite fair and it looks nice against her skin.

I don’t feel strongly about the material (canvas/leather, which print etc) but I really don’t like the Neverfull, I know it’s an iconic bag but I hate the fact that it doesn’t have a zip and also that it has become so ubiquitous (I guess I just like being a “special snowflake” type who has stuff that is different from the rest). She actually has a DA NF, so she disagrees with me :biggrin:

So after our spirited (but all in good fun) discussion I thought I’d open it up to the community - also it will be interesting to see if the “unpopularity” of our opinions is really true or if we will find many people to agree with us :biggrin:

I don’t think LV bags last long enough for the price.

Just to preface:
I'm sorry, not to offend anyone who likes this bag or line of bags.
But, the Carry It just looks so similar to a MK signature jacquard N/S tote I sold years ago. I just don't get it. It looks like an outlet bag to me...
I wince in disdain whenever I see the horrible tie dye summer collection. Cheap looking and not luxury in my opinion.
I don't understand why LV has so many issues with cracking and glazing. Seriously, I owned Coach bags with no issues. Why does the quality lack? I like LV, but disappointed with some of the products not being able to hold up to average wear and tear. I try to stand by this brand, but not so sure lately..
And please LV add some more colors beside princess pink, baby blue and cream. Same old same. How about more saddle tan or bring back some oldies like Quetsche and Bordeaux...

Having items that appear on the website but are never in stock. Only put stuff on the website if it can be bought online there and then.

Also I'm pretty sure that they encourage their SAs to lie either deliberately or through the dissemination of false information.

LV is a multi billion dollar company. In 2020 there is no way that people should receive poor customer service considering the prices they pay at LV.
I don't understand why bags can't be sent between stores if that's what the customer wants.
I don't understand why you can't order the bag for when it does come back into stock if that's what the customer wants.

I don't understand why technology wise you have no idea when you will be getting deliveries of new stock and also what's in those deliveries. There is no way that should be a lottery. They just don't want to tell customers.

Other businesses don't treat their customers like that. If fact often times they beg you to take your order so you come back as a customer.