New/old pigalle 120...some help? Are they discontinued?

iamluthien

Feb 28, 2020
Hi there!
I am really excited as this may be my first Louboutin pair after longing them for something like all my life.
Can you tell me if these that I found on ebay are the old or the new style? (what do you think it is a fair price for them?)

Also, do you think they're original?
I wanted to buy a new pair, but apparently, I can't find Pigalle 120 anymore on the website...are they still selling them in CL shops? I only see Pigalle 100, plus I think I prefer the old style, so went on ebay and found these (even if my dream would be the pigalle 120 in black suede, but maybe one day...why not!)

Reactions: louboutinLver
They do seem to be the preferred (pre 2013) Pigalle 120. The key is the "sleek lines", particularly the low-cut area (between toe-box and sides). Yes, they are original.

How much are they asking? I've seen (hardly worn) pairs as low as $350. Make sure you don't pay too much, the hype is over (for ultra high Loubs). I was told by an Ebay buyer few years ago, that the going price for (exc condition) So Kate is $450

They do seem to be the preferred (pre 2013) Pigalle 120. The key is the "sleek lines", particularly the low-cut area (between toe-box and sides). Yes, they are original.

How much are they asking? I've seen (hardly worn) pairs as low as $350. Make sure you do

They asked me £170, so I am buying them right now!

Hi there!
I am really excited as this may be my first Louboutin pair after longing them for something like all my life.
Can you tell me if these that I found on ebay are the old or the new style? (what do you think it is a fair price for them?)

I wanted to buy a new pair, but apparently, I can't find Pigalle 120 anymore on the website...are they still selling them in CL shops? I only see Pigalle 100, plus I think I prefer the old style, so went on ebay and found these (even if my dream would be the pigalle 120 in black suede, but maybe one day...why not!)

Congrats on the new Piggies iamluthien!
These are the older style Pigalles from pre-2013. Frankly in my opinion these are the better version of the Pigalle, lower cut and sexier. You can still find both the old and new style Pigalles on eBay as well as many of the consignment sites. I've been buying pre-owned CL's for many years now and you can save hundreds vs. new.
I think the newer style Pigalles will be back on the CL website at some point, maybe for Spring Summer 2020.
The Black Suede Pigalle 120's are very rare. I've been searching for a pair for years now with no success.

Reactions: iamluthien
Congrats on the new Piggies iamluthien!
These are the older style Pigalles from pre-2013. Frankly in my opinion these are the better version of the Pigalle, lower cut and sexier. You can still find both the old and new style Pigalles on eBay as well as many of the consignment sites. I've been buying pre-owned CL's for many years now and you can save hundreds vs. new.
I think the newer style Pigalles will be back on the CL website at some point, maybe for Spring Summer 2020.
The Black Suede Pigalle 120's are very rare. I've been searching for a pair for years now with no success.
Thanks queen Stilly! I only know ebay, I am a newbie in this world :P which other websites do you recommend? I do agree with you, the classic pigalle older style is super sexy and my favourite shoe in the world, I wish other brands had the same exact shape, cut and heel of these! I would probably only buy these shoes

Thanks queen Stilly! I only know ebay, I am a newbie in this world :P which other websites do you recommend? I do agree with you, the classic pigalle older style is super sexy and my favourite shoe in the world, I wish other brands had the same exact shape, cut and heel of these! I would probably only buy these shoes

Check Poshmark, Tradesy, TheRealReal, & Vestiaire Collective (world-wide site, has Euro sellers)

The Love Me 120 is a variant of the Pigalle 120, you should be on the look out for this shoe as well. See attached pic.

There are some nice shoes that pop up at Postmark & Tradesy., also Ebay. At Tradesy, I got a (new condition, never worn) Body Strass 120 for $800 (MSRP $1400)..pretty rare! Got real lucky. Body Strass 120 is basically a pre-2013 Pigalle 120 in black sheer mesh with Swarovski medallions. See attached image. They made it in black and nude. At Ebay, I also got a (new, never worn) Pigalle 120 (pre-2013, Decollette heel) for $250..!! The seller priced it to sell.

Attachments

• Christian-Louboutin-Body-Strass-pump.jpg
    Christian-Louboutin-Body-Strass-pump.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 171
  • Maria-Sharapova-Christian-Louboutin-Love-Me-Pumps.jpeg
    Maria-Sharapova-Christian-Louboutin-Love-Me-Pumps.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 171
Check Poshmark, Tradesy, TheRealReal, & Vestiaire Collective (world-wide site, has Euro sellers)

The Love Me 120 is a variant of the Pigalle 120, you should be on the look out for this shoe as well. See attached pic.

There are some nice shoes that pop up at Postmark & Tradesy., also Ebay. At Tradesy, I got a (new condition, never worn) Body Strass 120 for $800 (MSRP $1400)..pretty rare! Got real lucky. Body Strass 120 is basically a pre-2013 Pigalle 120 in black sheer mesh with Swarovski medallions. See attached image. They made it in black and nude. At Ebay, I also got a (new, never worn) Pigalle 120 (pre-2013, Decollette heel) for $250..!! The seller priced it to sell.
Thanks a lot, I will check these websites once in a while, in the USA there are deffo more websites.
And I won't comment on how jealous I am for the new pigalle at only 250! Damn I hope I'll have one of these kicks of luck in the future as I deffo can't afford new loubs

Also thanks for bringing to my attention these shoes...simply fabulous! The pink ones are just incredible

Love Me 120 came in black-patent, nude-patent, black sparkle (black with gold highlights), pivouine (pink with silver highlights). I have all of them except nude-patent. Beautiful sheer nylon mesh, with lovely bow. See Stilly's thread for excellent pics

The Lova 120 pre-dated the Love Me 120, with lovely bow. See Stilly's thread for pics. See below 2 pics

Pigalle 120 (pre-2013) came in 3 heel styles -- sculptured, Decollette, straight. Most of them are latter (like the one you are interested in). Sculptured is "fat" at top..very pinpoint heel (like the So Kate 120). See pic of blue-leopard. Decollette is thinner at the top, heel tip is larger. See 2 pics of brown-suede

A related variant is the Batignolle 120, very similar to the (pre-2013) Pigalle 120 with sculptured heel. See pic. Hard to find used, though

Attachments

• Christian-Louboutin-Batignolles-pumps-Lily-Collins1.jpeg
    Christian-Louboutin-Batignolles-pumps-Lily-Collins1.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 3-christian-louboutin.jpg
    3-christian-louboutin.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 159
  • c0078059_16292142.jpg
    c0078059_16292142.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 158
  • 3645.jpg
    3645.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 157
  • Picture 352.png
    Picture 352.png
    244.7 KB · Views: 157
  • Picture 349.jpg
    Picture 349.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Love Me 120 came in black-patent, nude-patent, black sparkle (black with gold highlights), pivouine (pink with silver highlights). I have all of them except nude-patent. Beautiful sheer nylon mesh, with lovely bow. See Stilly's thread for excellent pics

The Lova 120 pre-dated the Love Me 120, with lovely bow. See Stilly's thread for pics. See below 2 pics

Pigalle 120 (pre-2013) came in 3 heel styles -- sculptured, Decollette, straight. Most of them are latter (like the one you are interested in). Sculptured is "fat" at top..very pinpoint heel (like the So Kate 120). See pic of blue-leopard. Decollette is thinner at the top, heel tip is larger. See 2 pics of brown-suede

A related variant is the Batignolle 120, very similar to the (pre-2013) Pigalle 120 with sculptured heel. See pic. Hard to find used, though
Thanks racquel! A lot of useful information...I deffo prefer the straight heels ones! Why did he change the shape of Pigalle? After all the old Pigalle are what made him famous! Is it possible that he stopped selling 120 pigalles because he is redesigning them making them like the old ones?

Also, I know it is a bit unrelated, but what can you tell to this newbie about Lady Lynch, Mercy Allen, Clichy and Miss Clichy? :heart:

Hi there!

This is the original pigalle 120, actually is not the pre 2013 (that version is horrible). In my experience this correspond to an a 2004 version. The full name is “ pigalle 120 nappa kid black)

You should have this shoes!!!! These are very veeeeery difficult to find.

Thanks racquel! A lot of useful information...I deffo prefer the straight heels ones! Why did he change the shape of Pigalle? After all the old Pigalle are what made him famous! Is it possible that he stopped selling 120 pigalles because he is redesigning them making them like the old ones?

Also, I know it is a bit unrelated, but what can you tell to this newbie about Lady Lynch, Mercy Allen, Clichy and Miss Clichy? :heart:

Louboutin re shape the pigalle (with a very notable deformation in 2015) the change was something like that: the last of the pigalle follies 120 with a shortened heel version of the original pigalle) the size runs 1 size smaller and... definitely that version is horrible!

This is the original pigalle 120, actually is not the pre 2013 (that version is horrible). In my experience this correspond to an a 2004 version. The full name is “ pigalle 120 nappa kid black)

You should have this shoes!!!! These are very veeeeery difficult to find.

Thank you! I didn't know that there was an original pigalle discontinued in 2004, I think these are the most beautiful shoes in the world and it was not wise to discontinue them! I bought these but knowing that they are from 2004 is scaring me a little as it means that they are vintage and need some extra care!
Which are the differences between these and the pre 2013? Thanks X

Thank you! I didn't know that there was an original pigalle discontinued in 2004, I think these are the most beautiful shoes in the world and it was not wise to discontinue them! I bought these but knowing that they are from 2004 is scaring me a little as it means that they are vintage and need some extra care!
Which are the differences between these and the pre 2013? Thanks X

Pigalles had various versions over the years. The most drastic change came after 2013 which is the current version when the sides got higher and the heel thicker. The pre-2013 Pigalles had more subtle changes over the years again mostly slightly higher sides and the thicker heel.

Reactions: iamluthien