Removal of breast implants

miss goose

Feb 25, 2014
Hi
I was wondering if anyone has had their implants removed , I’ve had mine for around 8 years and I hate them I went far too big I’m a 32g/32gg so I’m wanting them removed I was wondering how much it would be, would it be the same price as when I had the implants put in, (I’m in the uk) also will my breasts be really saggy , any help or advice will be appreciated, thanks xx

I had the implant removal and lift a few years ago , very happy with the result, I think these are perfect. I look younger and athletic, so glad I did that lift. Will you go to the same Plastic surgeon?

I had my saline implants removed after 17 years in 2016. My PS wanted me to switch them out for smaller implants because my implants were 500 CCs. I was a 36DD. I had the implants removed and immediately post-op my breasts looked like deflated balloons. However, a year later my breast fluffed up to perky small C cup size. I am so glad I had the implants removed. I am in better shape now without those implants getting in my way during workouts. My friends and family tell me I look a lot better without them.

There is a cosmetic surgery site you can check out to see before and after photos of actual patients who had their implants removed, and other cosmetic procedure. Not sure if I can post the site here.

Follow up to this....

I removed my implants 3 months ago.
I sleep better (I believe they prevented me from getting into a deep sleep), my hair is growing back, my nails are strong, my face acne scars are healing, my eyes are no longer red and burning, I can hug and actually feel like I can feel the person and not just pressure on my chest.
I had a lift and I’m back to my preimplant size. My dr has a wrap around method, so it takes the tissue from all around and scoops it up into a breast. Extremely happy.

Follow up to this....

I sleep better (I believe they prevented me from getting into a deep sleep), my hair is growing back, my nails are strong, my face acne scars are healing, my eyes are no longer red and burning, I can hug and actually feel like I can feel the person and not just pressure on my chest.
I had a lift and I’m back to my preimplant size. My dr has a wrap around method, so it takes the tissue from all around and scoops it up into a breast. Extremely happy.

Enjoy that lift!

Reactions: CiaoStella
Follow up to this....

Hi! can you explain what is wraparound method, where he scooped the tissue from? there is not much info online.

Hi! can you explain what is wraparound method, where he scooped the tissue from? there is not much info online.
I believe it is something only their practice does. I had heard they are trademarking it. Girls travel all over the world to go to them. Dr Rankin and Dr Dev. I went to Dr Dev. They also do fat transfer, but after two breast surgeries, I think I am done.

Its interesting! I only got my surgery 5 months ago, and I'm happy with my result. I see that you guys have had the implants for long time, but did you remove it because of the size? I still like mine so far, but I don't want to do revision surgery.

Its interesting! I only got my surgery 5 months ago, and I'm happy with my result. I see that you guys have had the implants for long time, but did you remove it because of the size? I still like mine so far, but I don't want to do revision surgery.
Removed due to Breast Implant Illness. Did a ton of research to make sure I went to the best doctor to ensure the capsule was removed correctly.

Removed due to Breast Implant Illness. Did a ton of research to make sure I went to the best doctor to ensure the capsule was removed correctly.
Hey! I'm so sorry you had to experience BII, I hope you're feeling better! I'm currently considering getting saline implants as I hear they are less likely to cause BII.
I am absolutely terrified of getting BII, but my breasts are also a huge source of insecurity for me, I have slightly tubular breasts and they are very small. Do you think your symptoms were a result of leaving them in for too long, or have symptoms been slowly creeping up since you got them? If you could give me any advice or guidance it would be greatly appreciated.

+1
Also interested in this subject. Has anyone heard about Ideal Implant, its saline implant that structured certain way to feel more like silicone implant. I heard that it has lower chances of capsular contracture.

Last edited:
Reactions: missjenjenhere
Hey! I'm so sorry you had to experience BII, I hope you're feeling better! I'm currently considering getting saline implants as I hear they are less likely to cause BII.
I am absolutely terrified of getting BII, but my breasts are also a huge source of insecurity for me, I have slightly tubular breasts and they are very small. Do you think your symptoms were a result of leaving them in for too long, or have symptoms been slowly creeping up since you got them? If you could give me any advice or guidance it would be greatly appreciated.
Breast Implant Illness is from the capsule that surrounds the implant. All implants have silicone shells. Saline implants can get mold. Research breast_implant_illness on IG.
I had heard about BII during my research in 2009, but I said “that won’t happen to me,” and went ahead with the surgery.
At year three, I had excess dry eyes. Prescription medication didn’t work, and I could no longer wear contacts. I had to wear glasses. Mysterious rashes appeared, I could feel them and doctors didn’t know what it was. They told me to moisturize. By year 7, I had two babies, was tired ALLLLLLL the time. I constantly took naps, while other moms I was friends with wouldn’t need them. My hair fell out with my first born and never returned. My eyes always burned (I had LASIK by this time). I started researching BII and scheduled my surgery.
Honestly, I can talk all day about all the horrible things that happened from my implants; and I was a lucky one. I went into surgery not knowing if my removal would help me. It did. Within 12hours, my eyes were bright white. My face had oil and felt moisturized.
Over the next few months, my terribly puffy round face (I blamed my second born) returned back to its normal state.
I could SLEEP. I think the implants resting on my lungs and heart Made it so I didn’t get REM sleep.it took a while to get used to that deep sleep again. The only thing more shocking than that was I love my small boobs more than my implants. I never thought that would happen. Implants sag over time. They make you look much larger than you are. My small boobs feel my husband when I hug him. It doesn’t feel like I have a life between us. My young children can rest their head on me when they get hurt. They would always make a funny face when trying to rest their face on what probably like a rock.

There are a few doctors who do fat transfer. I would look into this. It’s been around for about 12 years. It’s permanent. While implants, you are supposed to change them out every 8-10 years.
Please reach out if you have any questions at all. I am part of an explant group on FB just for the sole purpose to help other women!

I forgot!

I had tuberous breasts, so I feel your pain. That was the reason for my implants.

At the end the day, they stole time from me. Time from my babies, my husband, my friends and family. Time I can’t get back. So many naps.

I believe fat transfer can help with tuberous breasts. I was able to get a lift during explant and it helped the shape.

+1
Also interested in this subject. Has anyone heard about Ideal Implant, its saline implant that structured certain way to feel more like silicone implant. I heard that it has lower chances of capsular contracture.
I didn’t have capsular contracture. But your body will always create scar tissue around the implant. That is called the capsule.

Reactions: serybrazil