Golden Goose

Hi,
I ordered superstars from Nordstrom.com and they arrived yesterday. I noticed today there are blue pen marks around the edge of the top part of the shoes. I emailed Golden Goose if this is normal and waiting to hear back. Has anyone seen pen marks on GG sneakers before? I know they’re handmade but it’s a little odd to me.

Yup! 100% normal. It might not be an intentional attribute, but this does happen on occasion with Golden Goose. I've purchased 4 pairs since 2015 that have pen marks on them. It's usually blue or pink ink.

I bet they pass this off as NBD because of their worn in aesthetic.

Sometimes you'll even see this in stock pics online. Enlarge them and look close!

Yup! 100% normal. It might not be an intentional attribute, but this does happen on occasion with Golden Goose. I've purchased 4 pairs since 2015 that have pen marks on them. It's usually blue or pink ink.

I bet they pass this off as NBD because of their worn in aesthetic.

Sometimes you'll even see this in stock pics online. Enlarge them and look close!
Good to know that it’s normal actually. That’s so interesting!

Does anyone own a pair of Gucci Ace sneakers as well as the regular GG superstar and would let me know the sizes they own both in? I'm a 37.5 in my Gucci Ace and usually a 38 in most shoes .. do I get the GG in a 38 then? The ones I want are exclusive to one website and they don't do free returns so I'd appreciate your help
I'm 37.5 with ace, and size 39 with superstar

Just bought these lovelies. 4th pair already. I think I’m addicted but they are just so fun!! Also learned a neat trick on NAP. Buy them on the Ireland site in euros and saved $250 vs on the NAP us site.
you are a life saver. they also had the sneaks I wanted vs the us, why is that? it said they were sold out but now they are otw thanks to you!:hugs:

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Hi Star? I just received my first pair in the mail and the 39 fits perfectly, just like my Superstars, but I feel like they make my feet look bigger than they are! Thoughts??

Attachments

• 201264F128037_1.jpg
    201264F128037_1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_7879.jpg
    IMG_7879.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 180
I am so confused about sizing! I went to Nordstrom and tried on a 38. It seemed to fit perfect. I ordered the GGSS from ssense in a 38 and I just got them and they feel SO SNUG. I need to size up. I am wondering if I need to go 2 sizes up? My feet are 26cm long. I have the Triple S’s in a 38. My nikes are all 8.5s. Will 39 be the right size? Or should I get a 40? I have wide feet

I am looking to buy my first pair of Golden goose sneakers and I cant decide between black glitter and silver glitter pair. Which pair do you think is versatile? Would black be too dark for Spring/Summer? Would silver look good agains tan skin tone? Thanks
8D3D3D2E-E961-4E8A-9E8B-EBCD464D180A.jpeg
1FB2AB30-93F2-45C2-B867-F5D5F9FA6E2D.jpeg

Went to the Woodbury outlet this Monday and was able to snag this pair. My first superstar! I have a slide and Francy so I’m super stoked to add this to the collection. Also glad o was able to snag a light grey color since I have so many white sneakers already. It’s actually from the men’s side but it fits so it works ‍♀️

D26ACDAA-E8AC-4E98-8AB1-8EFD47EF073F.jpeg

Opinions please??

View attachment 4550258

I don’t know that I could keep both (I probably shouldn’t), and while conceptually they are they same, they have some important differences (to me):

1) I think the silver star is more versatile, a good balance
2) hot pink Star is more fun!
3) hello matching hot pink sole
4) purple is my uni color
5) holo tongue is preference to purple suede tongue
6) believe it or not the glitter has differences. Silver star glitter is less coarse and a bit more subdued.

Thoughts?

View attachment 4550259
Hope you kept both, they’re awesome!

I could never understand the appeal of GG, especially the distressed ones (still don’t), but they are starting to grow on me. I also realised that some times their profile shape resembles a goose beak! I’m thinking about getting a pair now :smile: