What’s your unpopular LV opinion?

• Thread starter MagpieInTraining
  • Start date
I really do not like Damier Azur. It all just looks like a baby bag, no matter what it is, all I can think is BABY BAG! Seriously, even the mini pochette looks like it is a part of a baby bag.

Oh and Virgil Abloh, no, sorry. Even his Nike designs, just no. Please, tennis gods, just let Serena Williams wear her awesome cat suit instead of the Virgil Abloh tutu.

+1

DA is a beach bag print. I only like the look of it worn with a swim suit and a sarong. It’s not even a spring or summer bag print and even less a winter print.

If you can’t see the water, don’t wear the DA print!

Disclaimer: This is not to offend anyone. Simply an opinion. I am not a business minded person but a client who loves nice things and willing to pay in many other's opinion silly money on such items. I have moved further away from wanting to buy LV over the years and focus primarily on savings for Hermes and/or Chanel. I have read this thread and just reread my post. I am questioning if this speaks to the title of this thread - I think it may have started off this way but ended up being my pet peeves with LV. Sorry if I went a little too off topic. Thanks for reading!

I believe LV is slightly lost and the brand is becoming diluted because I find them wanting to cater to way too large of an audience and not paying attention to the little details that make buying luxury items so special. Regarding their bread of butter of handbags and related accessories, I feel they are focusing on the bottom line of pleasing their investors with earnings instead of the clients who are ultimately driving their earnings. Why do I say this?

1. Their selection at any one time is way too huge and diverse. What's the vision? Inspiration? Where are they going? Intended audience in the market?
2. I can appreciate collaborations but LV's collaborations lately feels too contrived and gimmicky.
3. When a client walks in to spend on a high end luxury price, make them feel special and not like they are walking into the Gap (ok, maybe this is going a little too far with this comparison but you get what I mean. *^__^*). It doesn't matter if they are spending on a coin purse or an exotic - either way they are going to pay a way higher price on that item than if they went standard. Everyone is at a different point in their life and the majority of us have to prioritize our money, save then happily execute and walk out as a proud owner of any kind of luxury item!
4. SA's - spend time with your clients, listen to them, get to know them, show them different items that he/she never thought of and help them edit their choices when making that final decision. I don't believe in overselling or selling clients items they don't need, etc. but I do believe in genuinely showing clients other bags/items that he/she may have not thought of that fits their aesthetic. Many of us don't know what could potentially look great which is outside our comfort zone and don't know the inventory like a SA would.
5. For the love of humanity, can LV please just spend the extra $.50 on some tissue paper or something eco-friendly or get the right size boxes to at least not make my unboxing experience feel like an elementary school child wrapped it. I've received presents wrapped with more love and attention than my LV purchases. I mean, come on, you have a magnetic-like box with a hand tied ribbon in a branded quality shopping bag and then you open your box and your item is swishing around in there like a pinball machine. I just spent a lot of money on whatever item, keep the experience going by making me feel the love when I unbox and see it again at home. Is it asking too much? If it is a green initiative, then tell me such. I don't mind if there is a rational but right now, it seems like LV is just being cheap and saving where they can. Nothing about what I am buying in LV is cheap, so I feel strongly they shouldn't cheapen out just because now they have my money and no longer care about me or my purchase.
6. Another pet peeve is the dust bag. They need to just scrap the current design and start over. I don't know but when I unbox or grab my LV item from the closet, my initial feeling is cheap because of how it looks and feels. Shouldn't I feel a wow, this is luxury?

Whoa this is getting long. Stopping here. Do you think I have opinions or what?

If anyone from LV is reading this, my advice is this - Keep it classy. Classy doesn't mean keep it boring and produce the same "classic" items in different colors and similar iterations (*cough, cough Chanel*). Find your way. You ever hear of that saying - Jack of all trades master of none? Be thoughtful on everything from when a client walks into the door to the experience of using that bag years later.

Thank you for anyone who actually read my long rant. *^__^*

Last edited:
5. For the love of humanity, can LV please just spend the extra $.50 on some tissue paper or something eco-friendly or get the right size boxes to at least not make my unboxing experience feel like an elementary school child wrapped it. I've received presents wrapped with more love and attention than my LV purchases. I mean, come on, you have a magnetic-like box with a hand tied ribbon in a branded quality shopping bag and then you open your box and your item is swishing around in there like a pinball machine. I just spent a lot of money on whatever item, keep the experience going by making me feel the love when I unbox and see it again at home. Is it asking too much? If it is a green initiative, then tell me such. I don't mind if there is a rational but right now, it seems like LV is just being cheap and saving where they can. Nothing about what I am buying in LV is cheap, so I feel strongly they shouldn't cheapen out just because now they have my money and no longer care about me or my purchase.
e experience of using that bag years later.
My most recent online purchase was the opposite. They shoved a Pochette Metis into a box that was clearly too small for the bag and messed up the flap shipping it out this way. I would much rather have my bag swishing around (though I agree with adding tissue or paper and some do) than shoving it into a box that was meant for something else.

Reactions: sweetlikechocolate
My most recent online purchase was the opposite. They shoved a Pochette Metis into a box that was clearly too small for the bag and messed up the flap shipping it out this way. I would much rather have my bag swishing around (though I agree with adding tissue or paper and some do) than shoving it into a box that was meant for something else.
Omg. Equally disappointing. Come on people! Get it together!

Reactions: p3b and DamierEbene
Disclaimer: This is not to offend anyone. Simply an opinion. I am not a business minded person but a client who loves nice things and willing to pay in many other's opinion silly money on such items. I have moved further away from wanting to buy LV over the years and focus primarily on savings for Hermes and/or Chanel. I have read this thread and just reread my post. I am questioning if this speaks to the title of this thread - I think it may have started off this way but ended up being my pet peeves with LV. Sorry if I went a little too off topic. Thanks for reading!

I believe LV is slightly lost and the brand is becoming diluted because I find them wanting to cater to way too large of an audience and not paying attention to the little details that make buying luxury items so special. Regarding their bread of butter of handbags and related accessories, I feel they are focusing on the bottom line of pleasing their investors with earnings instead of the clients who are ultimately driving their earnings. Why do I say this?

1. Their selection at any one time is way too huge and diverse. What's the vision? Inspiration? Where are they going? Intended audience in the market?
2. I can appreciate collaborations but LV's collaborations lately feels too contrived and gimmicky.
3. When a client walks in to spend on a high end luxury price, make them feel special and not like they are walking into the Gap (ok, maybe this is going a little too far with this comparison but you get what I mean. *^__^*). It doesn't matter if they are spending on a coin purse or an exotic - either way they are going to pay a way higher price on that item than if they went standard. Everyone is at a different point in their life and the majority of us have to prioritize our money, save then happily execute and walk out as a proud owner of any kind of luxury item!
4. SA's - spend time with your clients, listen to them, get to know them, show them different items that he/she never thought of and help them edit their choices when making that final decision. I don't believe in overselling or selling clients items they don't need, etc. but I do believe in genuinely showing clients other bags/items that he/she may have not thought of that fits their aesthetic. Many of us don't know what could potentially look great which is outside our comfort zone and don't know the inventory like a SA would.
6. Another pet peeve is the dust bag. They need to just scrap the current design and start over. I don't know but when I unbox or grab my LV item from the closet, my initial feeling is cheap because of how it looks and feels. Shouldn't I feel a wow, this is luxury?

If anyone from LV is reading this, my advice is this - Keep it classy. Classy doesn't mean keep it boring and produce the same "classic" items in different colors and similar iterations (*cough, cough Chanel*). Find your way. You ever hear of that saying - Jack of all trades master of none? Be thoughtful on everything from when a client walks into the door to the experience of using that bag years later.

:flowers:great post. I agree with most of it, just 3/4 is something I cannot contribute to only because I haven‘t had an unpleasant experience at LV YET and I have found a nice SA. I am sure that can change any time though... after having read and heard so many things I know I just got lucky.

The wrapping, some designs/collabs and the dustbag... yep... these are things I wondered about from the beginning on and as deep as I have dived into the luxury world now I feel even stronger about it. I only purchased one Chanel piece on holiday lately and the very friendly SA knew she will never see me again and still it was such a wonderful experience from walking into the store, being treated so nicely and helped out with all I asked... the Chanel wrapping?! Immaculate in my case at least: box, ribbon, felt, camellias etc... so much attention to detail! And the dustbag?! Are you kidding? It is this black double sewn velvet high quality pouch for my slg :angel: I was really blown away and now I am eager to test Hermes or Dior or another one... :biggrin: I heard you get additional dustbags just for straps :cool: anyone ever asked for that at LV?

I wish LV would put more effort into these things. I am curious if you get one of those 30k exotic bags also in a bounce-around-box and the same dustbag any other bag comes in.

Thank you for saying these words. Not a rant this is your observation or experience with this brand. I thought it was just me that I felt some of the collaborations were designed for a certain targeted shopper and age group. I never purchased online from LV and I probably won't after reading so many complaints on this forum. I have a wonderful SA that I purchase my items from and its always been a pleasant shopping experience. Some of the new colors and patterns at this point are such atrocity that I stopped looking at LV products online or through out these threads.

I think it's annoying how particular people are about a new bag. Like wow there's a dent/crease from shipping, or a poped stitch or a curve in the stitching? All these things people complain about. I doubt you look at your cars stitching that close. Sometimes I think to myself, geez I wonder if these complainers think they can do a better job.
I can see your point of view, however I like to sew, and I take sewing seriously when I do sew.
So my unpopular opinion is:
Having beautiful stitches are a sign of excellent workmanship and luxury. Not anyone can do this.
In general, cheaper brands have bad stitches and the more expensive brands have good, quality, even stitches.( Not always, therefore I said in general)
Sometimes even one skipped stitch or an ugly stitch can lead to stitches unraveling. It also is a sign of bigger problems. Bad workmanship/bad sewing skills/bad quality control.
I can accept this for a $50.00 bag or a $150.00 bag, but it is unacceptable for a bag that's more than $2000.00.
I would return it or exchange it with a bag that was made by a better craftsman.

My wife's most recent experience at the flagship in Paris was similar. Small purse + LARGE box + security tag still on. Our friend bought a small purse too, they DOUBLE bagged it, no box at all. Quite disappointing.