Kelly Pochette leather options

bagaholic42

Feb 8, 2016
Hi!

What leather would you recommend for a Kelly Pochette. I have a croc one but find myself babying it to much. Would love to get another but don’t know what is a good leather option for it. I’m currently being offered a swift one. Any thoughts? I was thinking epsom initially but they weren’t offered this season I guess. Does anybody know how swift will do in a kelly Pochette? Will it sag or scratch easily?

Thank you!!

Hi!

What leather would you recommend for a Kelly Pochette. I have a croc one but find myself babying it to much. Would love to get another but don’t know what is a good leather option for it. I’m currently being offered a swift one. Any thoughts? I was thinking epsom initially but they weren’t offered this season I guess. Does anybody know how swift will do in a kelly Pochette? Will it sag or scratch easily?

Thank you!!

I’ve had really good experiences with swift KP so far.

Hi!

Thank you!!
I do have a Kelly pochette in swift, it's a few years old now and I have to say it's lovely to use. It will scratch but don't think its really noticeable. I store it stuffed in its dust bag and holds it shape beautifully. Epsom would be great too, they hold shape and come in stunning colours. Swift is a more tactile leather though. I don't have anything to compare it with, but swift has worked really well for me.

Hi, I am considering a swift KP too and glad to know that swift holds up well! I must add I’m considering swift as there seems to be no epsom options so far this year..

Hi, I am considering a swift KP too and glad to know that swift holds up well! I must add I’m considering swift as there seems to be no epsom options so far this year..
Kelly Pochette is currently only in Swift from PO. Epsom is only via SO for the most part. (That said, I've seen a rare few Epsom pop up on resellers but a good 90-95% of KP are Swift these days).

Kelly Pochette is currently only in Swift from PO. Epsom is only via SO for the most part. (That said, I've seen a rare few Epsom pop up on resellers but a good 90-95% of KP are Swift these days).

Thank you. I’m generally afraid of swift anything and that’s why haven’t made up my mind abt swift kp. I’m also exploring the reseller route so will see what pops up now and then.

Reactions: Meta
Thanks for this. I was looking online and it seems like the KP is hard to get in epsom. I like my bags to stay structured. From the pictures I've seen online, swift doesn't look like it would age well...

Reactions: Daosabao and Meta
I do have a Kelly pochette in swift, it's a few years old now and I have to say it's lovely to use. It will scratch but don't think its really noticeable. I store it stuffed in its dust bag and holds it shape beautifully. Epsom would be great too, they hold shape and come in stunning colours. Swift is a more tactile leather though. I don't have anything to compare it with, but swift has worked really well for me.

Hello ladysarah! 7 months after my first post here I’m currently offered a kelly pochette in swift. I’ve not seen the bag in real life yet. I’ve had a night of insomnia as I need to make a decision by latest tomorrow! Help!

Do you use your swift kelly pochette regularly, at least once a week, over the few years that you’ve had it? I hope to use the kelly pochette regularly for weekends and not let it just be a ‘special occasion’ clutch. I’m just afraid that swift is very delicate and will sag or lose shape if I use it regularly.

From the beautiful photos on Instagram, swift kps seems very easy to use and takes any color beautifully. Shall I go for it? Thank you for your advice!

Hello ladysarah! 7 months after my first post here I’m currently offered a kelly pochette in swift. I’ve not seen the bag in real life yet. I’ve had a night of insomnia as I need to make a decision by latest tomorrow! Help!

Do you use your swift kelly pochette regularly, at least once a week, over the few years that you’ve had it? I hope to use the kelly pochette regularly for weekends and not let it just be a ‘special occasion’ clutch. I’m just afraid that swift is very delicate and will sag or lose shape if I use it regularly.

From the beautiful photos on Instagram, swift kps seems very easy to use and takes any color beautifully. Shall I go for it? Thank you for your advice!
I have one and only use it for events like wedding or parties, but i saw so many people wearing casually and daily. I think it depends on you are you buying it as a daily bag or an evening clutch.

I have one and only use it for events like wedding or parties, but i saw so many people wearing casually and daily. I think it depends on you are you buying it as a daily bag or an evening clutch.
Hello aishaaa89, thank you for your reply! I intend to use it perhaps every weekend or every other weekend for casual dinners at sit down restaurants, when I don’t need to carry so many things out vs on weekdays. I read that I should be careful not to overstuff it also.

Swift is really very beautiful, the look and feel of it. I just hope it will be able to take weekly usage. I do see people using farandole necklace to turn it into a shoulder bag and it used to be attractive for me but I seriously won’t dare risk it now.

Hello aishaaa89, thank you for your reply! I intend to use it perhaps every weekend or every other weekend for casual dinners at sit down restaurants, when I don’t need to carry so many things out vs on weekdays. I read that I should be careful not to overstuff it also.

Swift is really very beautiful, the look and feel of it. I just hope it will be able to take weekly usage. I do see people using farandole necklace to turn it into a shoulder bag and it used to be attractive for me but I seriously won’t dare risk it now.
Swift is my favourite leather, I also have a k25 and a kelly cut in swift, they look much better than my togo b25 and k25. If they have a scratch i would just rub the leather softly and it would almost disappear. I have different bags in different leather but by far my favourite is swift and evercolor. You shouldn't worry these bags are made to be enjoyed, even if you scratch it thats normal.

Reactions: Daosabao
Swift is my favourite leather, I also have a k25 and a kelly cut in swift, they look much better than my togo b25 and k25. If they have a scratch i would just rub the leather softly and it would almost disappear. I have different bags in different leather but by far my favourite is swift and evercolor. You shouldn't worry these bags are made to be enjoyed, even if you scratch it thats normal.

I am more worried about swift leather sagging or going out of shape with regular use..

Yes I love evercolor too I find it so nice in small leather goods and I hope to add a bag in evercolor one day :smile: