Travel LONDON! tips - questions - advice

You're correct - no classic bags at Heathrow but they do have a good selection of shoes in T5 including slingbacks and flats. By classic they mean no classic flaps or reissues. They do however have minis and occasionally they will have a seasonal classic flap or reissue such as the gold croc classic flap they had in 19a. The Heathrow thread on here is quite helpful as people passing through update it with stock info. The personal shoppers can also find out stock for you 48 hours before your flight. LV and Sior at LHR stock everything. The Dior website even says what's in stock at Heathrow when you look at a particular item and do a stock check.

I will DM you my LV SA's details at Harrods once I get home from work. She's based on the ground floor accessories. I need to check with my Chanel SA at Harrods that she's happy for me to pass on her information. She's based in womenswear on level one but they have loads of bags, accessories etc and it's nice and quiet up there and you get more of a Chanel experience with champagne, places to sit down etc. The one bag rule at Chanel is at their discretion I believe. I bought three bags in 19s, one in 19a and another two in 19b with no problems. I just had to have store manager approval on the two but since I am clearly buying for myself and not a reseller it's always been fine.
Thank you! I went onto the Dior UK site and stock check is super helpful. I'll contact the personal shoppers 48 hrs before I leave to determine whether I'll buy in city center or at the airport. Really appreciate your tips. Also, the bag I most look forward to getting in boutique is the Chanel small CF black caviar w gold, which you can't get in the states. Are these easy to find/readily avail in stores or are there waitlists in the UK as well?

Another question - I plan to do as much shopping as possible at LHR on the way back to San Francisco to avoid the VAT refund office. How do I send the haul home? I've noticed a baggage shipping service and see that there's a post office prior to security as well. How did you bring your stuff home? Buy a suitcase and check it or ship it home from airport?

My husband and I will be in England for ten days over Christmas. What do you suggest we do on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? What are must do day trips (eg to bath and the Cotswolds), and do you think we could incorporate day trips over Christmas Day? We would only want to take public transport and the train and taxis/Uber (no driving). For ideas, we generally love good food and drinks, and shopping (not really brand stores, but independently crafted boutiques). Thank you!

Hey ya'll- my grandparents and I are planning a trip to Europe next year and I was hoping I could get some input from well-traveled PF'ers as to where we should stay in London. Hotels in Paris and Nice have been selected (Rome's iffy but that's another thread :upsidedown:), yet I'm having trouble picking one at our first destination. I've heard good things about the Dorchester and the Connaught (I saw in Departures that it's recently undgone a $140m rennovation), but they are pricey, especially with the lousy exchange rate :Push: We can get a two-bedroom suite at a nice Marriott in Mayfair for about $1k USD a night (probably the best deal we'll find) but would be willing to go with one of the nicer hotels if they are in fact worth paying more than twice as much for.

Any other advice about things to do in London is also welcome and most appreciated :flowers:
We always stay at the Chiltern Firehouse ❤️ If time allows highly recommend spending a few days at Soho Farmhouse about an hour outside the city in the English Countryside. It’s heavenly
Hey ya'll- my grandparents and I are planning a trip to Europe next year and I was hoping I could get some input from well-traveled PF'ers as to where we should stay in London. Hotels in Paris and Nice have been selected (Rome's iffy but that's another thread :upsidedown:), yet I'm having trouble picking one at our first destination. I've heard good things about the Dorchester and the Connaught (I saw in Departures that it's recently undgone a $140m rennovation), but they are pricey, especially with the lousy exchange rate :Push: We can get a two-bedroom suite at a nice Marriott in Mayfair for about $1k USD a night (probably the best deal we'll find) but would be willing to go with one of the nicer hotels if they are in fact worth paying more than twice as much for.

Any other advice about things to do in London is also welcome and most appreciated :flowers:

I'll be travelling to London soon and am worried by all the weather warnings. Is it bad enough that I should cancel my trip?

What weather warnings? I live in London and aside from a storm last weekend in the UK (that wasn’t that bad in London) the weather has just been a bit cold and raining this week which is nothing unusual for February. My weather for the next week shows some rain, one windy day and the rest sunny/cloudy

Reactions: the_baglover
What weather warnings? I live in London and aside from a storm last weekend in the UK (that wasn’t that bad in London) the weather has just been a bit cold and raining this week which is nothing unusual for February. My weather for the next week shows some rain, one windy day and the rest sunny/cloudy

The airlines mentioned strong winds and rain with possible flight cancellations. So I was worried. But if you're in London and say it's all right then that's a relief!

The airlines mentioned strong winds and rain with possible flight cancellations. So I was worried. But if you're in London and say it's all right then that's a relief!
The weather has been crap but it generally is at this time of year. A tree came down in front of my house and our garden fence is also damaged from this last weekend's storm. I think it gets better this week. Enjoy your trip.

Reactions: the_baglover