Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2020 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very best wishes to everyone for the New Year to all SOTD regulars, occasional posters and newcomers alike :party: .

The SOTD 2021 thread is now open and ready for business:

The new theme commences tomorrow (3 Jan - whenever your time zone gets there) but there's no reason why you can't post earlier if you want.

Maybe the should be a scarf week sometime--The scarf that goes with everything in your wardrobe. On my last vacation I realized that Mediterrannee went with everything in my suitcase. I bet everyone has a "goes with everything" silk.
I think that’s a great idea! I’m sure we all have those “go with everything scarves!” I would love to see everyone’s!:flowers:
That would be fun! I do have several scarves that could go with everything... I use Puzzle more in the summer because of the white background...
What an interesting idea!

SOTD is composed of inspiration from other scarfies. Someone's pic of Les Oiseaux des Champs et des Bois inspired me to hunt for one, and I'm trying to mimic @Langsam's beautiful knot from yesterday but cinching with a spoon ring made from a Tiffany spoon.
View attachment 4665853
And latest jewellery acquisition: for @momasaurus and @FizzyWater - a chatelaine! Picked up relatively cheap because it was missing all the bits and bobs that dangle from the chains. It is also by fave silversmith WM Kerr so I bought it. Will polish it up and dream of how to use it with scarves :amuse:
View attachment 4665858
I’m honored @xincinsin ! Your tie is lovely.

Reactions: tlamdang08
Vintage Weiss heart brooch securing the knot on Zavabushka
View attachment 4665666

And, feather Kenneth Jay Lane feather pin also on Zavabushka
View attachment 4665665

And, the same KJL pin worn with Jardin a Sintra
View attachment 4665660

Sterling and turquoise Old Pawn squash blossom necklace and matching earrings worn with Wa Ko Ni
View attachment 4665674

Here the set worn with turquoise and sterling ring from Tibet and vintage Taxco sterling and turquoise bracelet. Notice that I first secured the scarf’s bias fold with a vintage Navajo finger ring and placed the necklace’s Naja on top
View attachment 4665673

My vintage Salvador Teran Aztec-inspired parure of necklaces, bracelet and earrings placed on top of my Mexique scarf.
View attachment 4665671

The Salvador Teran pieces worn with the scarf
View attachment 4665678

Another set of vintage Salvador Teran pieces with another CW of Mexique
View attachment 4665669

Another vintage Salvador Teran necklace worn with Ndop
View attachment 4665670

Met Museum Aztec calendar brooch worn with another CW of Mexique
View attachment 4665659
I share your tendency to “Buy all the colors!” when I see something I love. You have the added bonus of having accompanying scarves to match :love:

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
Maybe the should be a scarf week sometime--The scarf that goes with everything in your wardrobe. On my last vacation I realized that Mediterrannee went with everything in my suitcase. I bet everyone has a "goes with everything" silk.
I think that’s a great idea! I’m sure we all have those “go with everything scarves!” I would love to see everyone’s!:flowers:
That would be fun! I do have several scarves that could go with everything... I use Puzzle more in the summer because of the white background...
What an interesting idea!
Added to the list for 2021!

I’m honored @xincinsin ! Your tie is lovely.
I didn't get it right, so shall try it again with tomorrow's scarf!
I must say an H scarf can really go with everything, including a Star Wars tee and Darth Vader's light saber :roflmfao:

H often melds metal with leather in jewelry creations. That’s what I imagine our robot spiders are doing in Flamboyant Web.
View attachment 4665785

Yaaas- thesis another I wished I had in the larger format! Fab Jbizzybeetle!

SOTD is composed of inspiration from other scarfies. Someone's pic of Les Oiseaux des Champs et des Bois inspired me to hunt for one, and I'm trying to mimic @Langsam's beautiful knot from yesterday but cinching with a spoon ring made from a Tiffany spoon.
View attachment 4665853
And latest jewellery acquisition: for @momasaurus and @FizzyWater - a chatelaine! Picked up relatively cheap because it was missing all the bits and bobs that dangle from the chains. It is also by fave silversmith WM Kerr so I bought it. Will polish it up and dream of how to use it with scarves :amuse:
View attachment 4665858

Very cool pairing! :tup: and can't wait to see what happens with the Chatelaine!

Reactions: Jbizzybeetle
Perfect V day scarf!
Thank you!
Mors ring as a pendant
Jungle Love rainbow for Valentine's Day.

Happy Valentine's Day to all!!!:heart::heart::heart:
So clever!
Ah Mediterranee..who would have thought that this would tie so magically?

Reactions: Cordeliere
One of the ultimate Hermès jewelry-themed scarves is Cavaliers d’Or, created to accompany the “ From the Land of the Scythians” exhibition at The Met in 1975 which featured a number of jewelry pieces on loan from L’Hermitage in Saint Petersburg, Russia. A number of jewelry repro pieces were issued by The Met, which I immediately purchased. At the time, I was a jewelry addict, but had no interest in scarves. The torque necklace and various pins are placed on the scarf in this pic. You must look carefully to distinguish them.
View attachment 4665150

Here I am on my way to L’Hermitage last summer wearing the scarf with one of the brooches
View attachment 4665148

Patrice dragonfly necklace worn with Mountain Zebra
View attachment 4665147

Here in Tallinn, Estonia, wearing the medieval repro peannular brooch I had just purchased. I came into town securing Kawa Ora with my Hermès Bolduc scarf ring, and switched the minute I purchased it
View attachment 4665149

Couldn’t help posing my Lea Stein owl brooches with the giant owl on Kawa Ora
View attachment 4665152

Swoboda onyx, garnet, turquoise and freshwater pearls Maharajah pendant worn with Maharani
View attachment 4665153

Vintage celluloid flower pin from the 1960s securing Feria de Sevilla
View attachment 4665154

Tiny vintage enamel Charles F. Worth apricot pin worn with Les Jardins d’Andalousie’s juicy fruit
View attachment 4665155

Vintage Taxco sterling silver parure made by master craftsman E. Barena in the 1940s, worn with Robe du Soir
View attachment 4665156

And, Robe du Soir worn with a vintage Weiss brooch
View attachment 4665163
I’m absolutely gobsmacked, Fifi! What fabulous pieces - scarves and jewelry - and you wear them so stylishly and uniquely. As a jewelry lover myself with a modest but individual collection of jewelry and scarves, I must say I am in awe. What fun!

I must confess that my favorite jewelry pieces to wear with scarves are earrings. Often, I simply pair the scarf with earrings and a ring. Here are some favs...
Askew London flamingo-themed earrings with Flamingo Party
View attachment 4665164

Met Museum Indian Moghul collection earrings from 1987 with Kawa Ora
View attachment 4665165

Askew London coin earrings with Azulejos
View attachment 4665166

Carlo Zini deco-inspired chess knight piece earrings with Robe du Soir
View attachment 4665167

Sterling and stone-inlayed Zuni earrings with Kachinas
View attachment 4665169

Vintage Moghul-inspired carved lucite drops encrusted with semi-precious stones worn with India
View attachment 4665170

Sterling, semi-precious stones and Swarovski crystals chandeliers paired with another CW of India
View attachment 4665171

Askew London Egyptian-themed earrings with Coupe de Gala
View attachment 4665173

Zuni sterling and stone-inlayed earrings worn with Ndop
View attachment 4665174

Met Museum earrings inspired by ancient Persian jewels in their collection worn with Le Roy Soleil
View attachment 4665175
More fun from Fifi! All Fabulous. Especially those Moghul carved earrings - stunning.

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
This week is an exception to me having a scarf on Friday since I have the day off tomorrow. However, I am going with friends to dinner now View attachment 4664656 View attachment 4664657 so I decided to wear my Dallet cat scarf. I actually bought it to have it displayed on the wall but never got around to put it up. Paired it with my Farandole and also wearing my H watch.
Gorgeous, Nahreen.

Reactions: Julide
Reactions: scarf1 and Julide
Status
Not open for further replies.