Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2020 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very best wishes to everyone for the New Year to all SOTD regulars, occasional posters and newcomers alike :party: .

The SOTD 2021 thread is now open and ready for business:

The new theme commences tomorrow (3 Jan - whenever your time zone gets there) but there's no reason why you can't post earlier if you want.

Vintage Weiss heart brooch securing the knot on Zavabushka
B2537CB8-9F42-4DFC-AD02-EAFE8A398FE2.jpeg

And, feather Kenneth Jay Lane feather pin also on Zavabushka
F386B74E-EDDE-4668-9145-3B21AD7D6027.jpeg

And, the same KJL pin worn with Jardin a Sintra
5C4DC9DC-EA5E-44FB-889E-C34D4A35C7B3.jpeg

Sterling and turquoise Old Pawn squash blossom necklace and matching earrings worn with Wa Ko Ni
30DFB06C-80E5-4784-9B32-7DBD2C46F7E1.jpeg

Here the set worn with turquoise and sterling ring from Tibet and vintage Taxco sterling and turquoise bracelet. Notice that I first secured the scarf’s bias fold with a vintage Navajo finger ring and placed the necklace’s Naja on top
9E24C5D9-04B6-4FB7-9DAF-7797C242CC1C.jpeg

My vintage Salvador Teran Aztec-inspired parure of necklaces, bracelet and earrings placed on top of my Mexique scarf.
9565EB26-1DCA-4BE0-B08D-C289AEE435FE.jpeg

The Salvador Teran pieces worn with the scarf
9A313EB6-F9A1-461B-8407-32F060BA8450.jpeg

Another set of vintage Salvador Teran pieces with another CW of Mexique
5C171B71-7F65-47A2-A0A1-FCC6CF0D8F81.jpeg

Another vintage Salvador Teran necklace worn with Ndop
5941BEAF-64D9-4F92-AD31-D7A90CEC1BDC.jpeg

Met Museum Aztec calendar brooch worn with another CW of Mexique
EDE5D0A9-E1E1-4095-B38A-99FCADB65829.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 4665666

View attachment 4665665

View attachment 4665660

Sterling and turquoise Old Pawn squash blossom necklace and matching earrings worn with Wa Ko Ni
View attachment 4665674

Here the set worn with turquoise and sterling ring from Tibet and vintage Taxco sterling and turquoise bracelet
View attachment 4665673

My vintage Salvador Teran Aztec-inspired parure of necklaces, bracelet and earrings placed on top of my Mexique scarf. Notice that I first secured the bias fold with a vintage Navajo finger ring and placed the necklace’s Naja on top
View attachment 4665671

View attachment 4665678

Another set of vintage Salvador pieces with another CW of Mexique
View attachment 4665669

View attachment 4665670

View attachment 4665659
Fifi:faint:some truly spectacular pairings!:ps:

Thank you!

Congrats on your new scarf! I also love C Henry designs. This reminds me I haven’t worn mine ( different Cw) in awhile.

Beautiful Parures de sable CW!
Thanks so much!

Wow stunning :heart::heart::heart:

Thanks for the secret of the magnet:heart::heart::heart:. I need this one while I wait for the right headpin.:heart::heart:

Just love it! :love:

WWowww Queen of the Rings :love::giggle::love:
Aaaah, thank you very kindly!

Mors ring as a pendant
Jungle Love rainbow for Valentine's Day.

Happy Valentine's Day to all!!!:heart::heart::heart:
OMG!! I MUST try this! Love it!!

Fifi:faint:some truly spectacular pairings!:ps:
Thank you so much!

Love your jewelry designs and what a wonderful Valentines Day gift... Amazing CW

Thank you kindly on both fronts fifi! :hugs:

Thank you!

Congrats on your new scarf! I also love C Henry designs. This reminds me I haven’t worn mine ( different Cw) in awhile.

Beautiful Parures de sable CW!

Thank you! Yaassss- I love C Henry. I like the sort of mythological aspects that show up in her designs.

Wow stunning :heart::heart::heart:

Thanks for the secret of the magnet:heart::heart::heart:. I need this one while I wait for the right headpin.:heart::heart:

Just love it! :love:

WWowww Queen of the Rings :love::giggle::love:

Thank you tlamdang! :hugs:

Mors ring as a pendant
Jungle Love rainbow for Valentine's Day.

Happy Valentine's Day to all!!!:heart::heart::heart:

Perfect! :tup: I've been wanting to play with this kind of idea with my bigger Mors for awhile. Now just to go do it! (And know I know it will look fab! :lol: )

View attachment 4665666

View attachment 4665665

View attachment 4665660

View attachment 4665674

Here the set worn with turquoise and sterling ring from Tibet and vintage Taxco sterling and turquoise bracelet. Notice that I first secured the scarf’s bias fold with a vintage Navajo finger ring and placed the necklace’s Naja on top
View attachment 4665673

My vintage Salvador Teran Aztec-inspired parure of necklaces, bracelet and earrings placed on top of my Mexique scarf.
View attachment 4665671

View attachment 4665678

Another set of vintage Salvador Teran pieces with another CW of Mexique
View attachment 4665669

View attachment 4665670

View attachment 4665659

ZOMG! That feather brooch!!!! :faint:

Puzzle 2 on my hat - decorative!
View attachment 4665071
What a great pic! Would love to have this view every day!
View attachment 4665426 View attachment 4665427
It sent before I finished! Good day, All, and Happy Valentines Day. Savana Dance with lapis and gold heart necklace. I know I should wear my JL rainbow today, but I don’t want so much silk around me. Maybe I’ll wear it tonight going out with friends. Enjoy the day!
Twins!! Happy Valentine's Day!!
Lots of hearts on De Tout Coeurs. Also using a big open heart pendant as a scarf ring..can’t really see it but is holding well. Happy :heart: Day!
View attachment 4665622

This is lovely!!

Reactions: Cookiefiend
One from earlier in the week- Flamingo Party Pareo with a leather necklace I made with one of my lampwork beads, right as the temperature began to nose dive...

View attachment 4665649

And today, my Valentine present from DH, Legende du Poisson Corail (because I love Christine Henry and this was in my wishlist) along with my Mini Mors ring..(But as soon as I go outside, I'm gonna have to #CashmereUP again over the top of this... :lol:

View attachment 4665648
Love your Legende du Poisson Corail!! and with the mors ring!!
Been wearing pink or red scarves all week. Today is Ex Libris les parisiennes 70. Worn with heart earrings and pendant.
View attachment 4665625
Adore this colorway!

c1a973b4-e556-4dc7-ba3d-5ca87eec3e63-jpeg.4665167

These earrings are amazing!

This is outstanding!!

c1a973b4-e556-4dc7-ba3d-5ca87eec3e63-jpeg.4665167

These earrings are amazing!
Thanks much!

Perfect and a lovely shade of pink!

Wonderful!

Such a cutie!

Thank you!
It’s two sets of magnets, one set on each side -just slip one under the fold (bias fold) and one on the inside of the hat!
View attachment 4665644
This is fantastic! If I may ask, where did you get the magnets and what do you have to look for? TIA

Such beautiful scarves and styling fifi!
Thanks so much!

Thank you kindly on both fronts fifi! :hugs:

Thank you! Yaassss- I love C Henry. I like the sort of mythological aspects that show up in her designs.

Thank you tlamdang! :hugs:

Perfect! :tup: I've been wanting to play with this kind of idea with my bigger Mors for awhile. Now just to go do it! (And know I know it will look fab! :lol: )

ZOMG! That feather brooch!!!! :faint:
Thanks much!

Reactions: Cookiefiend
Happy Valentines Day! As many have noted, BdG Love is a favorite silk to celebrate today. Here it is with the knot secured by my Hermès Cadena Kelly scarf ring
View attachment 4665631

And, another heart-motif scarf for the day: De Tout Coeur, worn with Jay Strongwater butterfly brooch
View attachment 4665637

Etude pour une Parure de Gala is one of Hermes’ quintessential jewelry-themed scarves. I thought it would be fun to display this extraordinary vintage pair of silver chainmail, pearls, Swarovski crystals and rhinestone rondelles necklaces on the scarf in trompe l’oeil fashion
View attachment 4665634

And, vintage Staret brooch also “becomes” part of the design
View attachment 4665635

Here, the brooch worn with the scarf
View attachment 4665636

And, a Past Times Art Nouveau-inspired scarf ring securing the scarf
View attachment 4665638

Parures de Sables is another jewelry-themed design extraordinaire. Here, the same Staret brooch attaches the scarf to the dress so the knot doesn’t shift
View attachment 4665641

And, here, a different vintage Staret brooch worn with Parures de Sable
View attachment 4665632

The sterling and amethyst Jerusalem cross I bought in Jerusalem years ago with Parures de Sable
View attachment 4665633

My iconic vintage Staret liberty torch brooch worn on denim jacket with Early America
View attachment 4665629
That blouse is perfect with BdG Love!! Your Etude pour une Parure de Gala is just stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.