Any thoughts on the Ancora loafer?

Which would you pick?

• Total voters

janiepie

Jun 10, 2010
Happy Valentine’s Day~

I went in to try on some shoes and came across the Ancora loafers new for this season. What I really want is the Oz mule in a loafer. I love the look of the Oz as well as the color, but I just don’t think I can pull off a mule (seems too trendy and too casual). I think I look like I’m just shuffling around in my house slippers?!

Anyway I wanted your opinions on the Oz mule or the Ancora loafers. The Ancora is suuuuper soft and thin, it was hard to put on without a shoe horn if I didn’t want to completely crush the back. But because it’s such a soft leather, it felt like I was wearing nothing. So comfortable. It does give me pause bc I think it won’t be very durable... but oh so comfy! Can you help me decide?!

If you own the Oz mule, what are your thoughts? Does it slip off? Do you recommend?
Thanks

Attachments

• 98FF8867-8D96-462E-8BE1-F1F19D12903B.jpeg
    98FF8867-8D96-462E-8BE1-F1F19D12903B.jpeg
    265.3 KB · Views: 488
Reactions: Etriers
Both look lovely on you. I tried on the Ancora before, and I know exactly what you mean about the soft leather. They each have a different look to them though, and really depends on what you want - the shape of the Ancora makes it more masculine and the Oz is more feminine since it's more narrow. Truly a hard choice, but if you're worried about soft leather of the Ancora, I would go with the Oz!

Reactions: janiepie
Both look lovely on you. I tried on the Ancora before, and I know exactly what you mean about the soft leather. They each have a different look to them though, and really depends on what you want - the shape of the Ancora makes it more masculine and the Oz is more feminine since it's more narrow. Truly a hard choice, but if you're worried about soft leather of the Ancora, I would go with the Oz!
Thanks for your input~~

Reactions: funkydiva6
I bought the ancora in black, wore them twice, and am going back for the other color. They are the best part of Hermes: so far under the radar that it is the tailoring and quality of the product that makes them super chic. I love that they don’t have hardware.
I have the Paris loafers and the classic Gucci loafers (and the Gucci mules), but still found a place for these.
If you like a shoe with the Kelly lock, there are sandal options, including current styles, that would fit the bill.

I bought the ancora in black, wore them twice, and am going back for the other color. They are the best part of Hermes: so far under the radar that it is the tailoring and quality of the product that makes them super chic. I love that they don’t have hardware.
I have the Paris loafers and the classic Gucci loafers (and the Gucci mules), but still found a place for these.
If you like a shoe with the Kelly lock, there are sandal options, including current styles, that would fit the bill.
Thanks for your thoughts. I’m going in to try the Ancora in black soon. I really debated on this and the Gucci classic horsebit loafers. I may end up getting both eventually

Reactions: funkydiva6
It’s probably not an either/or situation because they are such different shoes. It depends so much on your style. Oz is just a kick-around slip-on (Cotton short shorts, jeans, capris, casual skirts, sun dress, bathing suit, PJs). I do not find they slip off but I wouldn’t do major walking in them. Ancora has some crossover but feels dressier to me. I would likely not wear them with a skirt or dress in the Spring/Summer. I would wear them with Jeans, Dressy Bermuda shorts, nice pants etc. You may need both! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Reactions: janiepie
I have oz mules and I found them comfortable. I have wide feet so mules are definitely my go-to if I like any narrow style of shoes. I haven’t tried the Ancora though. Here’s my Oz mules first time I wore them, and I had them on for the whole day so my feet expanded more.
View attachment 4688864

Great color combo! I live in my Oz and am finding the colors a dangerous addiction for my wallet.

I have oz mules and I found them comfortable. I have wide feet so mules are definitely my go-to if I like any narrow style of shoes. I haven’t tried the Ancora though. Here’s my Oz mules first time I wore them, and I had them on for the whole day so my feet expanded more.
View attachment 4688864

Hello! Do you find the canvas underside of the mules comfortable? They are so pretty but I’m concerned the canvas fabric may cause friction. Thanks :smile: