Hermes cashmere coat

Hi @smileygirl, the coat looks great on you!
May I ask how tall you are? I bought the black coat you have and the sleeves are at least an inch above my wrist in my regular size. I wonder if it is just the cut of the coat because I really don’t want to size up ( I am 5 feet 10 inches tall...)
Very Disappointing!!!
I am a shortie but with pretty long arms for my shortness! About 165cm so a lot shorter than you! I will try it on again soon to check out the sleeve!

Thx much.
Not for tall women, the shoulder/ bust flap design doesn’t sit well either on me. Hangs too high. Will exchange.
Ladies, please any recommendations for a longer length coat design (available this season) that fits well on taller folks? I tend to prefer more simple classic styles. Thx in advance.
I can ask my SA to order into store to try.

Thx much.
Not for tall women, the shoulder/ bust flap design doesn’t sit well either on me. Hangs too high. Will exchange.
Ladies, please any recommendations for a longer length coat design (available this season) that fits well on taller folks? I tend to prefer more simple classic styles. Thx in advance.
I can ask my SA to order into store to try.
Try this one, I think it would be lovely on you. I am a total shorty and can’t do it.
A43F2BDE-6334-4807-BB82-27AE7CD2594B.jpeg

periogirl I think that coat would work on you if it was just a few inches shorter! Maybe H can alter it? I'm short as well and I've had brand name coats altered in store before to shorten them (not H, but doesn't hurt to ask!)
Thank you yes I know. My SA was very kind and offered to pin it but I would rather not do so much for a coat I don’t really need as well. The entire thing is designed to be way too oversized for me even in 34. I rather wait for a coat which is closer to a good fit. Max Mara fits me off the rack and most Chanel is fine. :heart:

It looks pretty good actually! I think they are meant to be long nowadays...
Perhaps it doesn't come across so well in the photo. The shoulder seams are wrong, the sleeves are 15 cm too long and the coat is so oversized it adds a lot of bulk which I cannot carry off. The length is also the most unflattering for me. With this amount of work even the RTW manager thought better to pass. There is really no need for me to try so hard to buy a coat from Hermes.

Hi @smileygirl, the coat looks great on you!
May I ask how tall you are? I bought the black coat you have and the sleeves are at least an inch above my wrist in my regular size. I wonder if it is just the cut of the coat because I really don’t want to size up ( I am 5 feet 10 inches tall...)
Very Disappointing!!!

I tried it on again and Sleeve length is perfect for me so I imagine if you are very tall, it may be a bit shorter? That said, I did get a size 34.
Here’s a better pic showing the details better and showing the sleeves best I can.
3F23C787-8375-4F77-8B94-00E96F4D5FE2.jpeg D6D3C8AD-E01C-42B6-9226-0E97AB25065E.jpeg

Perhaps it doesn't come across so well in the photo. The shoulder seams are wrong, the sleeves are 15 cm too long and the coat is so oversized it adds a lot of bulk which I cannot carry off. The length is also the most unflattering for me. With this amount of work even the RTW manager thought better to pass. There is really no need for me to try so hard to buy a coat from Hermes.
That’s a very good point.:biggrin: I would not be comfortable with that amount of alterations either. A little tweak is ok, but not major works. in the photo it looks pretty cool, but that’s photos for you and they can be misleading.