Any Tambura bag owners?

Feb 8, 2009
C6F79AC0-9CF9-48A2-96A4-E073894CCEF8.jpeg I was trying to get info/reviews on this bag but couldn’t locate any. Looking for some feedback/ pros and cons before I decide if I shall go for it (while it’s still around). How’s the wear/tear - does the shape hold up or becomes very sloughish over time? Is the opening easy to get things in and out? Is it more spacious compare to the nodini (pillow) bag?
Any feedback would be appreciated thanks!!

I don't recall that anybody here that has mentioned that they own a Tambura. I would like to see this in person, because I am not sure how the width looks against the body. I've always liked the zip top bags that have the 2 zippers as pictured. To me, the shape looks like a tote and a bucket bag had a baby. I hope someone does chime in that has had a chance to handle this bag.

Reactions: RT1 and ksuromax
View attachment 4373439 I was trying to get info/reviews on this bag but couldn’t locate any. Looking for some feedback/ pros and cons before I decide if I shall go for it (while it’s still around). How’s the wear/tear - does the shape hold up or becomes very sloughish over time? Is the opening easy to get things in and out? Is it more spacious compare to the nodini (pillow) bag?
Any feedback would be appreciated thanks!!
Here’s a link to a the PurseBlog’s review:
https://www.purseblog.com/bottega-veneta/bottega-veneta-fall-2018-bags-2/

Reactions: RT1
After trying it on in the shop in Rome WAY back when in Dec 2018, I noticed it on sale at farfetch and just pulled the trigger. I loved it then, but I hate buying expensive things on holiday. I don't impulse buy well. Nearly 1.5 years after first seeing it, and over a year since trying it on, in a few days, it will be mine! :happydance::happydance:

After several lousy days of rainy weather and the requisite sickness that comes with it at this time of year, my lovely tambura finally has a chance to make its debut. [emoji173]️[emoji173]️

View attachment 4663618
How do you like your tambura bag so far? Any feedback/comments on how it feels when carried on the shoulder and/or cross-body? I was able to locate one (rose/pink color) and putting in on hold for the next few days. Like you I had been eyeing on it (both in person and from afar) for quite sometime now! Really wanting to pull the trigger this time....

Reactions: obscurity7
How do you like your tambura bag so far? Any feedback/comments on how it feels when carried on the shoulder and/or cross-body? I was able to locate one (rose/pink color) and putting in on hold for the next few days. Like you I had been eyeing on it (both in person and from afar) for quite sometime now! Really wanting to pull the trigger this time....
I keep meaning to post a review, now that I've had it for a few weeks! The short version is I love it.

The long version is this:
I get why people look at it and think it might be impractical, with the round base, but that's actually a hugely functional design feature! With the top coming together the way it does, you can carry it unzipped, and someone would have to work pretty hard to get into the bag because it stays closed by default, whether you're hand or crook carrying. But when you do open it up, the wide, round base makes it super easy to see where all your stuff is. I have never once had to dig around for the thing I need.
The bag itself is stunning and unique, but in typical BV fashion, still flies under the radar. The shoulder strap is great in a pinch, when I'm trying to get 14 bags of groceries in from the car, but it also lays nicely when I'm just carrying it around.

IMG_5030.JPG
(waiting while my husband tries on jeans)

The bottom does begin to slouch a bit when you put it down, so to combat that when I'm not using it, I keep it hanging on a wide coat hook. I'm sure it'll soften more over time, but I think there's enough structure that it will continue to hold the majority of its shape over time.

I haven't tried to wear it crossbody, but I don't know the shorter strap was really meant for that. It's more of a hand or crook carry, with a shoulder strap for when you need both arms. (also useful when you've suddenly found 14 things you want to try on at the shops!) I've been using it non-stop for almost a month now, and I have yet to find something about the bag I don't like. I'm sad it didn't catch on with more people, to be honest. If this review makes you think it might be a good fit for you, then snap one up when you see it! I promise you won't regret it! :heart:

I keep meaning to post a review, now that I've had it for a few weeks! The short version is I love it.

The long version is this:
I get why people look at it and think it might be impractical, with the round base, but that's actually a hugely functional design feature! With the top coming together the way it does, you can carry it unzipped, and someone would have to work pretty hard to get into the bag because it stays closed by default, whether you're hand or crook carrying. But when you do open it up, the wide, round base makes it super easy to see where all your stuff is. I have never once had to dig around for the thing I need.
The bag itself is stunning and unique, but in typical BV fashion, still flies under the radar. The shoulder strap is great in a pinch, when I'm trying to get 14 bags of groceries in from the car, but it also lays nicely when I'm just carrying it around.

View attachment 4684116
(waiting while my husband tries on jeans)

The bottom does begin to slouch a bit when you put it down, so to combat that when I'm not using it, I keep it hanging on a wide coat hook. I'm sure it'll soften more over time, but I think there's enough structure that it will continue to hold the majority of its shape over time.

I haven't tried to wear it crossbody, but I don't know the shorter strap was really meant for that. It's more of a hand or crook carry, with a shoulder strap for when you need both arms. (also useful when you've suddenly found 14 things you want to try on at the shops!) I've been using it non-stop for almost a month now, and I have yet to find something about the bag I don't like. I'm sad it didn't catch on with more people, to be honest. If this review makes you think it might be a good fit for you, then snap one up when you see it! I promise you won't regret it! :heart:
Thank you so much for your helpful and thoughtful feedback!! I pulled the trigger today - sharing my instant reveal on a new thread. You're right - after just carrying her a few hours since purchase, I can see how it is indeed a functional design!! I am glad I've found you here to share our unique appreciation of this wonderful bag!!

Reactions: obscurity7 and RT1