Massaccesi Handbags

It's interesting - I thought the Victoria Midi would be the perfect-sized shoulder bag for me, but it actually seems slightly small. That said, I love the Verona leather (it's so soft and smushy!) and the marine lining is SO gorgeous against the purple leather. It was so challenging to capture the color of the amethyst Verona - I fear I did not succeed. It looks much more purple in the sunlight / outside, but indoors / under fluorescent lighting it almost looks brown. (My poor boyfriend said, "Are you sure that's purple?" when I showed him my Victoria Midi.)

I was concerned, too, because the Victoria Midi doesn't have a zipped opening. I drive everywhere and often and the commute in my area can get quite nasty, with folks being absolute morons when they're late or in a hurry or just hate being a traffic. Sometimes I have to slam on my brakes and my passenger seat items - usually my bag and water bottle - will often go flying into the ether. :annoyed: Leaving me to pick up all my belongings if it was in a tote or bag that wasn't enclosed.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Victoria Midi has an unexpected solution to that! I'm not sure if Marco created the buttons in this way or if it's a happy coincidence, but the buttons on the same side can be snapped together to create the folded look...

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200206114015727_COVER.jpg

But if you snap the buttons on the opposite sides together, you can "seal" the wings. Along with the middle magnetic flap closure, this ends up being pretty secure as far as closing up the bag!

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200206115135503_COVER.jpg

It does have the effect of flattening the bag out at the top, but in some cases I might prefer that over the more natural winged look, especially if it means I don't have to crawl around my car hunting down all the items that flew out of my bag!

Here is my indirect outdoor lighting shot, inside my car:
IMG_20200206_103303.jpg
And these were the indoor lighting photos at night, color-corrected:
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200203221647038_COVER.jpg 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200203221544783_COVER.jpg
And lastly, the inside of the bag, both empty and filled:
IMG_20200203_222126.jpg IMG_20200206_112543.jpg
That is indeed a water bottle pocket! It fits store-bought water perfectly and also fits slimmer reusable water bottles that DO NOT have a silicone outside - way too challenging to slide those into the pocket, as it obviously catches on the grippy material. Anything with steel or non-grippy on the outside should work - for example, a slim hydroflask (though a S'well might be too wide around). I also have a Zojirushi thermos that I use often when traveling because of its secure lockable lid, and that also fit in quite easily.

As for what's in my bag, starting from the top left:
Tissue packet, Minnie Mouse coin purse (with my USB cable), Koi coin purse (holding my lip balms and tints), LV key pouch (with my keys), work key card/fobs (attached to the key clip), pencil/pen pouch, MM card holder, portable batter (left pocket), portable chopsticks and cutlery (right pocket), purse holder (right pocket), and not shown in the interior zip pocket - Bluetooth headphones, feminine hygiene stuff, microfiber cloth

Last edited:
I just received my Alexia midi in black croc. In photos the croc pattern appears very prominent, but in reality it is very subtle, at least in black. The lining is red and hardware is gold. This is a stunning creation by Marco.
View attachment 4658861
Oh my goodness :amazed:
WOW!
Absolutely divine :loveeyes:
Frankly, unbelievable
:drool: Please take more photos!

I just received my Alexia midi in black croc. In photos the croc pattern appears very prominent, but in reality it is very subtle, at least in black. The lining is red and hardware is gold. This is a stunning creation by Marco.
View attachment 4658861
This is absolutely stunning!! Can’t wait to see some action shots of this beauty in use.

It's interesting - I thought the Victoria Midi would be the perfect-sized shoulder bag for me, but it actually seems slightly small. That said, I love the Verona leather (it's so soft and smushy!) and the marine lining is SO gorgeous against the purple leather. It was so challenging to capture the color of the amethyst Verona - I fear I did not succeed. It looks much more purple in the sunlight / outside, but indoors / under fluorescent lighting it almost looks brown. (My poor boyfriend said, "Are you sure that's purple?" when I showed him my Victoria Midi.)

I was concerned, too, because the Victoria Midi doesn't have a zipped opening. I drive everywhere and often and the commute in my area can get quite nasty, with folks being absolute morons when they're late or in a hurry or just hate being a traffic. Sometimes I have to slam on my brakes and my passenger seat items - usually my bag and water bottle - will often go flying into the ether. :annoyed: Leaving me to pick up all my belongings if it was in a tote or bag that wasn't enclosed.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Victoria Midi has an unexpected solution to that! I'm not sure if Marco created the buttons in this way or if it's a happy coincidence, but the buttons on the same side can be snapped together to create the folded look...

View attachment 4658928

But if you snap the buttons on the opposite sides together, you can "seal" the wings. Along with the middle magnetic flap closure, this ends up being pretty secure as far as closing up the bag!

View attachment 4658927

It does have the effect of flattening the bag out at the top, but in some cases I might prefer that over the more natural winged look.

Here is my indirect outdoor lighting shot, inside my car:
View attachment 4658930
And these were the indoor lighting photos at night, color-corrected:
View attachment 4658933 View attachment 4658934
And lastly, the inside of the bag, both empty and filled:
View attachment 4658931 View attachment 4658929
That is indeed a water bottle pocket! It fits store-bought water perfectly and also fits slimmer reusable water bottles that DO NOT have a silicone outside - way too challenging to slide those into the pocket, as it obviously catches on the grippy material. Anything with steel or non-grippy on the outside should work - for example, a slim hydroflask (though a S'well might be too wide around). I also have a Zojirushi thermos that I use often when traveling because of its secure lockable lid, and that also fit in quite easily.

As for what's in my bag, starting from the top left:
Tissue packet, Minnie Mouse coin purse (with my USB cable), Koi coin purse (holding my lip balms and tints), LV key pouch (with my keys), work key card/fobs (attached to the key clip), pencil/pen pouch, MM card holder, portable batter (left pocket), portable chopsticks and cutlery (right pocket), purse holder (right pocket), and not shown in the interior zip pocket - Bluetooth headphones, feminine hygiene stuff, microfiber cloth
I love your V midi. I had one in amethyst Verona. LIke you I adore Verona leather. I sold it because I ordered another v midi and did not want a duplicate, but I do like this style a lot. Very lovely. I think you will enjoy it. And rest assured Marc designed it so you can use it either way.

It is special. I had an Alexia once before and it did not work for me. Funny how your tastes change over the years. I love this one and foresee putting it in my keeper stack, lol.
@southernbelle43 your bag is gorgeous. I love the croc especially how beautifully Marco matched it up in the front. I am somewhat of a seamstress not a great one but enough to know how hard it is to match pieces of fabric and in Marco's case leather. He did a wonderful job on your bag. It is stunning. I have a midi Alexia and it is such a fun bag it is so fashion forward in the design. I have been so tempted to get another one seeing yours make me want a second bag in this style. I have missed a couple on the BST when I hesitated. As my wise mother would always say "He who hesitates is lost". I changed it to "She who hesitates on the BST does not get a second midi Alexia". Enjoy your fabulous new bag.

This is gorgeous! I love mock croc! I’ve wanted one of his bags in croc for awhile. I just haven’t decided which one yet.
I almost bought one back when Collette was working for Marco. Like you I never got around to it and kept getting sidetracked by his other gorgeous leathers. But this one popped up on the BST and its was a great time and a price.

@southernbelle43 your bag is gorgeous. I love the croc especially how beautifully Marco matched it up in the front. I am somewhat of a seamstress not a great one but enough to know how hard it is to match pieces of fabric and in Marco's case leather. He did a wonderful job on your bag. It is stunning. I have a midi Alexia and it is such a fun bag it is so fashion forward in the design. I have been so tempted to get another one seeing yours make me want a second bag in this style. I have missed a couple on the BST when I hesitated. As my wise mother would always say "He who hesitates is lost". I changed it to "She who hesitates on the BST does not get a second midi Alexia". Enjoy your fabulous new bag.
Thanks!!

Well I will wear my midi Alexia with casual clothes. I ha because I hardly ever dress up since I retired, lol.
I also wear it with casual clothes. I have no rules at all which translates into complete freedom. I wear my Cobalt blue croc Stella with jeans and also when I go out. I used to worry about all these rules. Then one day I decided I am done with rules now I use whatever bag I want whenever I want. Only rule I have is that it has to not clash and look good. Other than that I pretty much don't have any rules no winter vs summer bags, no day vs night bags, no dressy vs casual. My rule now is if I like it I wear it and as long as I feel good and happy that's my goal.

I also wear it with casual clothes. I have no rules at all which translates into complete freedom. I wear my Cobalt blue croc Stella with jeans and also when I go out. I used to worry about all these rules. Then one day I decided I am done with rules now I use whatever bag I want whenever I want. Only rule I have is that it has to not clash and look good. Other than that I pretty much don't have any rules no winter vs summer bags, no day vs night bags, no dressy vs casual. My rule now is if I like it I wear it and as long as I feel good and happy that's my goal.
You go girl. Same here.