Massaccesi Handbags

I've admired the Sabrina but thought "it's not for me". Becuse I like it best when carried on the shoulder, "arm through hole". And on every photo I could find with the bag carried like this, the owner or model was slim or skinny... I thought my own, not so slim arm, would not fit. So Marco sent me a leather template! And it is way big enough for my arm and shoulder !:yahoo:

I am planning my Sabrina to be grey or anthracite on the inside, black on the outside.
I love my two Sabrinas! I carry mine on the arm hole most of the time. I carried the fucshia one on Thursday and Friday. :heart:

My first was a midi in brown Merinos with a marine lining. I sold it on impulse or out of guilt because I was buying bags right and left back then. I have had an orange bag on my wish list for a while and I wanted a bag In Tuscania leather. In browsing through Marco’s web site it dawned on me that a Sabrina midi would be a perfect bag to show case this bright color with its unique style. So I am eagerly awaiting this bag:

View attachment 4653552
She's so beautiful! :love:

Finally managed to take half-decent photos of my Bordeaux Vacchetta Minerva Midi after treatment with Possier Lederbalsam. Really hard to capture the colour, especially the leather being quite shiny and reflecting the bright winter light, but this is pretty close on my monitor. I needed daylight, so ended up doing photoshoot outdoors on balcony in snowy subzero weather :smile:

View attachment 4653816

Realized I had not greased / treated the shoulder strap, only the messenger strap, so the shoulder strap can work as a "before" referance...Shoulder strap on the left.
View attachment 4653813

View attachment 4653814
The leather is a tad darker and much warmer in colour than I managed to capture on these photos. Norwegian winter daylight is "cold and blue".
Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures! So sweet of you to go outside in the cold to take pics. Thanks! :hugs:

Reactions: Fancyfree
Hi all! I have been silently lurking around, checking this thread for the past few months or so while contemplating whether to purchase or not to purchase a Massaccesi handbag.

I am actually saving up for Moynat Cabotin and Hermès Kelly but i think LVMH conglomerate and Hermès International can wait a bit longer for my money!

I am thinking of ordering little Valerie in the new fiore leather. Can't decide between deep red or scarlet red though.
Welcome to MM and our thread! I think either of the two colors will be fabulous. Good luck deciding!

I am perusing through Minerva pics because I am planning my next MM bag purchase...Hi @Cleda! Have you gotten your brick ochre Little Minerva yet? I would love to see pics of that one...

Not yet! I'll probably be one of the last to get my Tweed leather order, as I asked for my Africa Penelope to be shipped together with it. Expecting both to be shipped end Feb or early Mar. I can't wait to check out what others have ordered in other styles or colours.

Thank you @Carrots808 @orchidmyst and @Kimbashop :smile:

In terms of my wardrobe both would have been a great choice, since I wear a lot of blacks, greys, reds, whites and navys. In the end I chose crimson red because it was brighter and it matched my Ferragamo varina flats. I chose red lining to match the leather. And I requested extra backing :smile: Can't wait for the bag to arrrive in the spring.

At the beginning I was a wee bit nervous about the ordering business through email. I was positively surprised of how smooth and swift the transaction was. Obviously, reading through this thread helped tremendously, but it wasn't as complicated as I initially anticipated. I send the bespoke inquiry late last night, received a reply today at noon, and then confirmed and paid my order few hours later. I expected the whole process to be min. 2-3 working days affair.

Browsing this thread has made me realize how hard Marco works, so I am rooting for him and his team. It feels wrong that only the high end premium luxury brands or the very cheap mass produced handbags can survive in the competitive handbag market :sad:
Welcome we love having new members join our MM family. We are delighted you joined us. You could not have stated it any better about it feeling wrong that only the high end premium luxury brands or the very cheap mass produced handbags can survive in the competitive market. Adding to that I used to buy Chanel and Balenciaga which are high end premium perhaps not as expensive as some of the extremely high end but still pretty pricey. About 10 or 15 years ago these bags were beautifully made and probably worth the price. Now they have doubled and sometimes tripled in price and the quality is definitely nothing close to what it was 15 years ago. I no longer support these brands. I have found for a lot less money I can have MM make exactly what I want to my specifications and the quality has been really good.

This bag has been a traveling warrior. Made it easy to go through airport security, customs, ticket lines and taxis with passport, boarding passes, and currency within reach. Thanks to @christinemliu for my first Penny, in midnight Tuscania View attachment 4656160
You're welcome but a super thank you for helping her live a good life haha! You take awesome pics @Kimbashop. I felt I didn't need two Penelope Messengers but I love that midnight blue tuscania leather so much I am ordering it in a Flora...which will be my second Flora...go figure my justifications ;)! Safe travels!!

I finally got my MM box today... I am so excited! I haven't gotten a chance to peek at my two bags, but I did pull out my MM card holder. This is the first item I have using Marco's pebbled leather. I didn't think it would be anything special but I was SO impressed as soon as I pulled it out of the bag - the leather is thick and chewy and substantial, and has such a lovely purple hue to it. The hardware feels great in hand. I requested marine lining, and I LOVE how this color looks against the purple!

I asked for a number of modifications, including an ID window and an extra clip on the side. I'm still searching for a holy grail compact wallet, but this will be great in my medium-sized bags when I don't need/want a wallet but still want easy access to my cards and such, that I can toss into a clutch or another bag in a pinch without fussing over my cards and what I can/should bring.

It is almost long enough for US bills, even, but they didn't quite fit so I did end up folding them. The zip pocket holds quite a lot without the card holder feeling too "full" or misshapen - I have three credit cards, two loyalty cards, a few business cards, my car insurance card and a couple of folded bills. I filled the actual card slots and while it's taking some stretching/wrestling to get the cards in, it does feel like this is partially newness and the leather should ease up over time.

Overall it feels super sturdy, much more so than my old Fossil card holder that this is replacing. Very happy with how it turned out!

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200203121605144_COVER.jpg 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200203121625399_COVER.jpg IMG_20200203_121715.jpg

Last edited:
Marco just posted an update on his Facebook about additional lining colors! I took screenshots from his website (in rows, so there's less vertical white space between the rows) and posted them in the customizations reference thread, as well as double posted here. It looks like Marco has added a section on his website to include the lining options and larger photos we can reference when making our customization choices.

Those we want more neutral options will be quite pleased!

Marco spoils us by offering even more lining options! There is now a total of 21 lining options. It looks like the additions consist of more neutral options and one more pop of color:
- dark brown
- tortilla
- beige
- taupe
- orange

Available linings can be found on the website: https://www.marcomassaccesi.it/lining

View attachment 4656436 View attachment 4656437 View attachment 4656438 View attachment 4656439 View attachment 4656440 View attachment 4656441 View attachment 4656442

This bag has been a traveling warrior. Made it easy to go through airport security, customs, ticket lines and taxis with passport, boarding passes, and currency within reach. Thanks to @christinemliu for my first Penny, in midnight Tuscania View attachment 4656160
I am really interested in finding out how hardy this leather is. I had a similar leather bag from BE it was not Tuscania I cannot remember what it was called but it did not hold up that well I thought. Whereas I have heard that Tuscania is very hard wearing.

It is entirely possible that due to me having a bit of a RBF, people don't find me as approachable :biggrin:, as I almost never get any bag compliments like many of you gorgeous ladies do. A few people commented on the mega-sparkle that was my Siena midi in crystal goat, but that's about it. Maybe I should work on my people skills to help promote Marco's bags to the masses! :biggrin:
I had to google RBF, Totinscience,,,, i think i may have a little of that too!