**Hermes Chat**

You're absolutely welcome! Did you read that story on CNN about how Lewis the Koala gingerly walked on burning ground to climb a tree. And a passing woman took the shirt of her back to pluck the koala off the tree (she said she was glad she was wearing a nice bra :smile:). She doused his burns with a water bottle and took him to a koala hospital? He was so adorable.
How did you adopt a koala? -- PM me if you like.
For at least a decade if not more I've had a picture of a smiling koala pop up when I log into pc -- chosen by the pc's software. I think that picture plus the experience of Lewis worked on me so that I now try to read as much as I can about the outlook for Australia's weather and koala survival. I'd like to go there, I've heard it's beautiful, but the weather has to settle down. I think about Hurricane Katrina which devastated New Orleans around 2005; mercifully they haven't had another such disaster. Maybe something like that will happen to Australia.
Recently while in Florida we visited the Palm Beach Zoo which has a couple of koalas. I understand San Diego's zoo has 20 of them? That would be something to see.

The story on Lewis was heartbreaking as he didn’t make it. However, he will forever be in the hearts of many and opened many eyes to the devastation. Here’s the link to the Koala hospital to donate.❤️
https://www.koalahospital.org.au/

The story on Lewis was heartbreaking as he didn’t make it. However, he will forever be in the hearts of many and opened many eyes to the devastation. Here’s the link to the Koala hospital to donate.❤️
https://www.koalahospital.org.au/
Thank you, Rouge H! This adoption process looks fun.
I like to watch utubes of koalas wrestling. The term "fighting" is too strong as I don't see that they're wounding anyone. It's like two very muscular teddy bears are rolling around trying to pin each other down. The koala that accomplishes this won the match. The other koala then wriggles out from under him and runs away. The winner goes up a tree and bellows its success hoping that lady koalas are within earshot.

A rare but beautiful albino koala (courtesy Twitter)
EPHWIVcWsAAJxM-

Popping back in, friends. Which H bag do you think makes the most sense as a diaper bag? I was thinking the herbag or 2424 but I don't think it would be fun fumbling to open the bags with one hand!

Garden party? And when diaper stage is done it's just a great bag?

Any others?

Popping back in, friends. Which H bag do you think makes the most sense as a diaper bag? I was thinking the herbag or 2424 but I don't think it would be fun fumbling to open the bags with one hand!

Any others?
Is the Victoria or the Plume (think I got those names right) suitable?

Reactions: hephephippo
I think India is right. You need something that is not precious in any way and washable for a diaper bag. Projectile vomiting, errant peeing and s'plodo poops are all everyday realities with very young children. Diaper bags should be machine washed and/or be somewhat disposable. Because they will get gross—very gross, even if you are careful.Also, get something that you can sling on your shoulder and wear cross body too. You need both hands free with babies and toddlers.

hephephippo I know that the diaper stage seems to go on forever. But it will pass quicker than you think. Then you can carry nice bags and wear nice clothes.

Any others?

None of those. Please heed @India ‘s advice and save yourself the trouble. Like @etoupebirkin said, it comes down to hygiene. So unless you can afford to machine wash/dispose your H bag, then please stick to an actual diaper bag that is leakproof.

Thanks everyone. Somehow I didn't think of mess or anything like that as my motherhood experience has been clean so far but I guess it's when babies become toddlers when things get really uncontrollably messy.. I miss dressing up and holding a bag so much! I know this will pass and the time with my baby is more precious than handbags but just could not help but miss wearing a nice bag sometimes! Now it's just for the date night.

upload_2020-1-29_9-20-59.png

This is a male koala. The males have the streak in their center chest which is a scent gland. I was told at the Palm Beach Zoo, which has both a male & female koala, that the male goes around rubbing just about everything in the enclosure in hopes of prompting the female's interest in mating. So, to paraphrase (but not by much), the male stinks the joint up with a strong eucalyptus smell. I did not smell anything into the enclosure at the time I was there.

The keepers know that the female is getting ready to mate b/c she cleans out her pouch which has residue from the last joey (baby/young koala). Females only have a joey every couple of years b/c the eucalyptus leaves that are their entire diet don't have a lot of protein in them.

This male is pretty darn cute.

Thanks everyone. Somehow I didn't think of mess or anything like that as my motherhood experience has been clean so far but I guess it's when babies become toddlers when things get really uncontrollably messy.. I miss dressing up and holding a bag so much! I know this will pass and the time with my baby is more precious than handbags but just could not help but miss wearing a nice bag sometimes! Now it's just for the date night.
I know this is an hermes thread but have you considered a goyard tote? It's a chicer way to have a diaper bag and you can still use it when the kid(s) are older! I have one for a diaper bag and I purchased an insert for it so I can pack bottles. It's easy to just wipe the bag if a tot decides to hurl a milk bottle etc towards the bag. I also put my hermes bag inside my LV or Goyard tote when traveling.

I carry both a bag and a small tote bag, a YSL Roady. The latter is for a water bottle or two and some kleenex, possibly a paperback. Is it possible for you to carry a good bag on one shoulder and a carryall or diaper bag on the other?
It's nice that you miss dressing up. That dressing up is important. You'll get back to it eventually. Think of all the new stuff, new fashions that you'll be able to catch up on!