Cashmere scarf pull and repair

hermeshound

Jun 16, 2019
Dear all
So I have my first full on my cashmere scarf, it happens but I want to get it repaired. Ive seen the tutorial but Im to heavy handed to do it without making it a whole lot worse. Im based in London, can anyone recommend anyone to repair the pull or can my local Hermes recommend someone.
Its only small, hardly noticeable but I know its there and it will drive me crazy
Thanks

Dear all
So I have my first full on my cashmere scarf, it happens but I want to get it repaired. Ive seen the tutorial but Im to heavy handed to do it without making it a whole lot worse. Im based in London, can anyone recommend anyone to repair the pull or can my local Hermes recommend someone.
Its only small, hardly noticeable but I know its there and it will drive me crazy
Thanks

If you are not comfy handling the repair on your own than I would bring it to your local Hermes..They will likely send it
out & it should like fine upon return...

Dear all
Thanks
This is an older post from Mai Tai, but it looks like the repair place that she sent her shawl to is still in business. Good luck!
http://www.maitaispicturebook.com/2011/10/cashmere-shawl-restauration-chantal.html

Reactions: HoneyLocks
Do you know if Harrod's has a service to repair a scarf or perhaps a tailor in the London area
that you can suggest to OP
Nothing of the kind I know of I am afraid. I repaired several shawls myself following the tutorial in the thread Julide posted and don't plan to use any 3rd party repair service. I just let mine be now as you will always get pulls/snags.

Reactions: Hermes Nuttynut
Reactions: c18027