A great vintage Classic flap vs new Reissue

Ramai

Feb 5, 2016
Hello,
My first chanel was a reissue 225. I opted for this style as it's more understated.
I, however, came across a 9 series dark beige M/L gold hardware in impeccable condition (looks like never used). It really is a beautiful bag and the quality amazing.
The issue is I have not worn it. I like the look of the classic flap but feel self conscious to wear it and will likely never wear this bag. I been debating to keep it and hand down to family or to consign and re-home and get another Reissue (225 RHW).
My dilemma is that the CF is of such amazing quality and although I feel that I may not wear it, whether to just keep it for now.

Attachments

• 29F8DC1E-463D-4FC4-AEB3-93E58D90FBB8.jpeg
    29F8DC1E-463D-4FC4-AEB3-93E58D90FBB8.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 433
Hi Ramai-- wow, that is a stunning, classic piece! These bags do hold their value quite well so you can always hold on to it a bit longer until you've fully decided, the value will still be there. It's always great to have some variety in your handbag collection and the Chanel CF is to a collection what the little black dress is to a wardrobe, in our opinion! However, these bags are a hot commodity and I'm confident there is another bag lover out there who would be excited to give this beauty a second home and proudly wear her well. If you have any questions about consigning in Canada, don't hesitate to reach out!

Reactions: OCMomof3
It’s a gorgeous bag but if it’s not something I see myself using then I would sell. I was in a similar situation as I had the m/l classic flap in blk caviar first and never wore it much. I added the reissue style (225 and 227) and they are among my most used Chanel bags. I ended up selling my m/l flap. Good luck with your decision!

Reactions: Ramai
Hello,
My first chanel was a reissue 225. I opted for this style as it's more understated.
I, however, came across a 9 series dark beige M/L gold hardware in impeccable condition (looks like never used). It really is a beautiful bag and the quality amazing.
The issue is I have not worn it. I like the look of the classic flap but feel self conscious to wear it and will likely never wear this bag. I been debating to keep it and hand down to family or to consign and re-home and get another Reissue (225 RHW).
My dilemma is that the CF is of such amazing quality and although I feel that I may not wear it, whether to just keep it for now.
I just bought a bag like this one, but 8 series. Did you end up keeping? If so, is there any way you could post a few more pics of yours? Haven’t got mine yet:smile:

Hello,

Oh just toss all your cares aside and wear that absolutely stunning bag! It's not big like a Jumbo so it's not going to be a "Hey, look at my super fabulous Chanel bag!" situation.
Medium flaps (in my opinion) are a bit more understated than a Jumbo so perfect for daily wear. I love vintage Chanel so I'd have to be crazy to sell that bag (if I owned it).