Camouflage in your wardrobe, do you wear any

gelbergirl

hubba hubba ;)
O.G.
Sep 23, 2006
I just bought a North Face vest in camouflage.
Very out of character for me. I'm not a hunter nor do I have any involvement in the military.
But I was drawn to have it, maybe I have enough black jackets.

Anyone else have camouflage in the wardrobe.
I was reading it's good to pair with white.

Yes! I love camo! Shoes, tops, pants, and a sweater.... When done right, it doesn't look military or like hunter's clothing. I am a total sucker for camo print but am selective about what I buy and how I wear it. A little goes a long way and I have to love the print, colors, and fabric.

I had to stop myself from buying a pair of camo cargo sweats at Victoria's Secret this weekend. They had olive tone and white/grey - soooo tempting!

Just bought a pair of red camo Rothy's loafers this morning.

Yes! I love camo! Shoes, tops, pants, and a sweater.... When done right, it doesn't look military or like hunter's clothing. I am a total sucker for camo print but am selective about what I buy and how I wear it. A little goes a long way and I have to love the print, colors, and fabric.

I had to stop myself from buying a pair of camo cargo sweats at Victoria's Secret this weekend. They had olive tone and white/grey - soooo tempting!

Just bought a pair of red camo Rothy's loafers this morning.

I think any sort of print can walk the line between stylish and tacky: leopard print, florals and camo. It depends on the context; the outfit itself.

Reactions: gelbergirl
Camo is very ‘in’ right now in NY. I own camo pants, camo T’s, camo bags and a camo shoes. However, not all camo prints are created equal - some are very stylish while others (the ones with the sticks and brown/ orange) can be tacky.

I like camo prints, cute and popular right now. I have an older camo T-shirt and a tank top with a camo accent, I've started wearing them again more since the recent trend (not that I care that much if something is trendy, but seeing camo all over made me want camo more than usual). The only new camo thing I've gotten is a pair of skinny jeans I found on sale. I would definitely buy more pieces if I found ones I like.

I have a camo midi skirt from uniqlo of all places that I bought a couple years back because it was on sale. I wear it with simple solid tops & don't find it hard to pull off. It's a darker camo palette that helps to make it more subtle though.

I personally have always found it easier to pull off patterns on the lower half than on the upper torso (e.g. t-shirts) but that's completely just me!

Where I live, camo is for hunters and military and for some reason little kids. Kindergarten boys love camo! It’s also popular with paint ballers. I had a camo purse years ago (Kate Spade circa 2000) and I bought a few camo stoles years ago which I wear on camo theme days at work. The Mossy Oak theme is very popular for nurseries too :smile: