Helpful Hints

VeronicaLFB

wants designer purse
Jul 10, 2007
Just wanted to make a thread where people could share random tidbits. Little helpful hints for around the house, beauty, whatever.

For example, I learned on a TV show that Visine gets the redness out of pimples!

Or if you don't have enough time to shower, just rub some baby oil on your legs and you can shave with that.

anyone else have these sort of helpful hints?

great idea for a thread, i love stuff like this

if you get marks on pale coloured shoes spray loads of hairsparay on cotton wool and it gets the marks off the shoes.

if your dress gets bad static spray your legs and the inside of the dress with hairspray.

To remove stubborn adhesive price tags or other stickers from plastic surfaces, cover with peanut butter and let stand a couple of hours, then scrape off. To remove from glass, use nail polish remover.

Great thread! You may already know these but anyway:

-You can also use conditioner to shave your legs! If you're out of shaving cream of course.

-Stubborn price tags and/or the glue residue after removing them comes off easily with rubbing alcohol.

-Hair dye stains on bathroom surfaces comes off with some nail polish remover. Just rub with a cotton pad soaked in it.

Any ideas on how to clean suede?

If you get a grease stain on silk, sprinkle a little baby (talcum) powder on the stain. Then cover with waxed paper and place a warm iron on top of the waxed paper. The heat from the iron should lift the stain and enable you to get the garment to the cleaners without too much damage being done to the item.

-Okay this may be useless, lol: SO has nearly ruined two of my cast iron skillets by scrubbing the seasoning off, thinking it needed to be cleaned hard :rolleyes: To get it back on, I rub shortening in it, bake it for a while, let it cool, wipe it out with a paper towel, re-apply shortening, bake again, and repeat as many times as necessary! Or just fry something in it a couple of times, something with a lot of grease, like chicken and whatnot!

Whenever we go to Disney parks, Sea World, etc. or any amusement park, I put my phones in a tiny Ziploc in my purse so they don't get wet.

Also, I found that storing makeup in tightly sealed Ziploc's is a great way to reduce the amount of bacteria getting into it. I store my mascara is tightly sealed bags to prevent bacteria because I am deathly afraid of eye infections. :Push:

I like to take my lunch to work.....to keep potato chips or crackers from getting crushed into a million pieces, put them in a plastic sandwich container rather than a ziploc bag.

Anne