Anyone had surgery at JW? Please post your experience here

I just read a bad review about JW @pl3131. I think you should check their revision policy before making decision.

Agree with this. I would say that this is always important to inquire before deciding on any clinic at all. And most here recommend to be specific about revision policy as well. As for example a clinic mentions their revision is free, than what is included then like do you have to pay for anesthetics or do you have to pay separately? Under what circumstances is the revision free, like only with medical malpractice or when something doesn't turn out as you wanted?

Just be sure you have a thorough understanding of this, just in case. Nobody likes to have a revision, but if you do need it, this can save you a lot of frustration afterwards.

Hi @Zapp332- Thanks for sharing your experience. I am considering them but there seem to be so many mix reviews in eyes surgery at JW.
Did you have any scarring or unevenness? Thanks.

I had surgery at JW in April for nose with silicone, tiplasty, a large reduction, double eyelid, ptosis & fg. So far I am most satisfied with my eyes result with Dr Choi. Emily - the English translator in JW as she was really sweet & caring during first 2 weeks of my post surgery. I will go back for my 2nd fg soon :smile:

Hi @pl3131 - Thank you for sharing, I am considering JW but have heard some mix reviews. Would you mind sharing who did your surgery and would it be possible for you to PM a pic? How did they react to your concern? Thanks

I got double eyelid + ptosis and my eyes are very asymmetrical. They also are trying to charge me for revision. Wouldn't recommend it :sad:

Hi guys, I'm all booked in for consultation at JW for rhinoplasty with Dr Lee and dual canthoplasty with Dr Kim. Has anyone had any experiences with them? I couldn't get a slot with Dr Suh (not for surgery at least as he's all booked out till after I leave Korea) so my consultant Emily recommended Dr Lee and I haven't heard anything about Dr Kim so I'm a little concerned.

I had mine done at Braun -__________- the result was OK but still not what i want. I guess part of it is my fault for not specifying how i like it to be but the doctor basically said already what i wanted! which is more defined tip and smaller nose to match my face but the end result is basically just a more defined tip and my nostrils are still slightly crooked :sad:... Maybe Braun does a good job and my nose is pretty hard for them to make it look nice since my first rhinoplasty the doctor did such a horrible job Q_Q...
hello, may i know wich doctor did your revision at braum?

I’ve finally decided to speak up and share my experience after regretting and blaming myself for what happened. I had a revision rhinoplasty at JW. The nose is very deviated ever since the beginning (since the cast was removed) at first I thought the deviation is due to the swelling but now I’m quite certain it’s really deviated. The shape is also quite disturbing because I’ve had a few consultation here with some sg plastic surgeons and all of them said that the nose is very deviated because the silicone implant is too long before I even mentioned it. Other than that I’ve been having breathing problem and runny nose for about 5 months already. Beware of the marketing tactics and gimmicks, sometimes it could really cloud your judgment. They way they present themselves on social media and the that impressive new building that they have plus the nicely done interior do not guarantee that they have the skills and integrity to do what’s best for the patient. The post- surgery service is also terrible, I had to beg every time for the hairwash service. Whenever I had problems with my recovery the consultant who handled me didn’t even care or at least pretended to care just a little bit. She’s often appeared very annoyed whenever I expressed my concerns. Please beware that once they’ve taken your money, you’ll not have any values anymore or any bargaining power to them. I hope by writing about my personal experience here I’ll be able to help others to avoid the same mistake that I’ve made.​

I’ve finally decided to speak up and share my experience after regretting and blaming myself for what happened. I had a revision rhinoplasty at JW. The nose is very deviated ever since the beginning (since the cast was removed) at first I thought the deviation is due to the swelling but now I’m quite certain it’s really deviated. The shape is also quite disturbing because I’ve had a few consultation here with some sg plastic surgeons and all of them said that the nose is very deviated because the silicone implant is too long before I even mentioned it. Other than that I’ve been having breathing problem and runny nose for about 5 months already. Beware of the marketing tactics and gimmicks, sometimes it could really cloud your judgment. They way they present themselves on social media and the that impressive new building that they have plus the nicely done interior do not guarantee that they have the skills and integrity to do what’s best for the patient. The post- surgery service is also terrible, I had to beg every time for the hairwash service. Whenever I had problems with my recovery the consultant who handled me didn’t even care or at least pretended to care just a little bit. She’s often appeared very annoyed whenever I expressed my concerns. Please beware that once they’ve taken your money, you’ll not have any values anymore or any bargaining power to them. I hope by writing about my personal experience here I’ll be able to help others to avoid the same mistake that I’ve made.​

Did Dr. Suh do your surgery? And what was the name of your consultant/translator? So sorry this happened to you! Please give us more details on your condition. And hopefully they offered to revise or compensate you in some way. Xo

Reactions: emily333

Sorry to hear you had a negative experience. How many months out are you? Do you have any photos? It sounds like you've waited at least a few months... Swelling can really mess with you. I did my surgeries there and due to swelling, I thought was for sure I was in need of some fixes (to some eye work). Time has gone by and things are getting better, but I think what is bugging me isn't totally going away. I had a previous rhino, in which I knew early on that there was a bump that wasn't working towards what I wanted. It was extremely upsetting, so I really feel for you if that's the case. Unfortunately revisions are super common in rhinoplasty (learned this the hard way!). I do think my recent rhinoplasty at JW was my last; something finally worked out. For the hair washing, what was the expectation? Were you promised a certain number of washes? It is possible they may prioritize certain patients for the hair washing, based on the procedure. They are really busy (one day I was there it was so busy, it was unbelievable/almost comical), but you should not have to "beg," after spending so much money! I also had face lifting where I had incisions in my hair, so I needed the wounds checked and cleaned regularly; I got hair washes and wound cleaning almost every other day and even declined some. The lack of empathy towards your complaints and disappointment is not cool at all and not necessary. We put so much time, money, and energy into this, I'm sure there is a lot of angst and of course, anger ( I have been there, super angry after a previous rhino) Stand your ground if you think they need to help you out with a revision (if you even want to use the same staff).

Last edited:
I think VIP is the only place that specializes in rib. That's all they do, pretty much. One of the formers a few years back did rib at VIP and it turned out really well. But she told me that unless you have a completely flat bridge like she did, it's not a good option because rib cartilage is really big and particularly hard. I think JW does dermis though..? Most places offer dermis as an option. But then again reabsorbtion rate can be really high depending on the person.
How was her rib rhinoplasty result that she had in VIP?