First-time care of a BV?

If I lived in an area that got a lot of rain or snow I would spray, otherwise no. I don't think you need to worry about putting anything on before you take it out for the first time- protectant spray can be put on anytime. Take your BV out and enjoy!

I did as it's rainung a lot and snowing in winter. I used Collonil leather protectant spray and carried my ball bag through the whole winter and she still looks fine.

I did spray mine with Collonil Nanopro prior to using it, just because I found after handling it, it seemed to attract dirt and makeup. After spraying the bag, it was much easier to wipe off any stains that it did attract. I think it depends on how worried you are about the bag staining, and what color it is. Mine is a darker color, but for some reason, any makeup or dirt marks still show up very strongly on it.

Hi, this is to BV owners in HK. Where do you buy your leather protector/cleaner for your bags?

Can you find brands such as Collonil or others recommended in this post? If not, what do you recommend and where can I buy them? I have seen other leather cleaners here but too scared to try...

I hope this is of help for your question: I didn`t find any Collonil spray, so I went to a friend who works at the local Bally boutique and had my Nappa Umbria bag sprayed with their waterproofing and protecting spray. Now, I don`t see anything at all but when I got in very light rain no spots or stains were left when the leather dried.

I have not treated my bag made of nappa umbria, and have not found that water/rain leaves spots. I use it every day, rain or shine and so far no stains. I don't baby it too much, but I do make a point to be careful when it comes to hand lotions and oily foods.