Do you have an (Hermes) clutch life?

I don't get enough uses out of clutches, so as much as I try I can't justify an Hermes clutch because of the (lack of) number of times I get to use it! I've told my SA that I don't want either Kelly Cut or Kelly Pochette for that reason. I totally love and admire them from afar though!

Ooh I am a total clutch girl! For me clutches are not just an evening bag but something that can be during the day and can transition from day to night. My favorite clutches from Hermes has to be Kelly Cut and Kelly Pochette. And even though mini Kelly is not technically a clutch but I use the mini Kelly the same way as I do the clutches - always, any day and any time :hbeat:
Here are a few pictures of my ‘clutches’

Attachments

• B7E0DA08-13FE-4947-BF42-00D67EAD3843.jpeg
    B7E0DA08-13FE-4947-BF42-00D67EAD3843.jpeg
    179.6 KB · Views: 1,032
  • EA69877B-E883-4643-B2DF-01C17B73794A.jpeg
    EA69877B-E883-4643-B2DF-01C17B73794A.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 1,095
  • 3AAF9DDD-BCA5-41C0-B0B3-8610C112FFC3.jpeg
    3AAF9DDD-BCA5-41C0-B0B3-8610C112FFC3.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 1,114
Ooh I am a total clutch girl! For me clutches are not just an evening bag but something that can be during the day and can transition from day to night. My favorite clutches from Hermes has to be Kelly Cut and Kelly Pochette. And even though mini Kelly is not technically a clutch but I use the mini Kelly the same way as I do the clutches - always, any day and any time :hbeat:

Extraordinary organization... a girl after my own heart & your collection of Kelly's is divine:smile:

Have them? Yes. Use them? Not really. They are so tempting, but for such infrequent use, don't fit my lifestyle in this season of life.

Thanks for sharing your beautifully organized collection! Would you mind letting us know where you found the belt storage box? I'm looking for something just like this!

I don't get enough uses out of clutches, so as much as I try I can't justify an Hermes clutch because of the (lack of) number of times I get to use it! I've told my SA that I don't want either Kelly Cut or Kelly Pochette for that reason. I totally love and admire them from afar though!
same here!

Reactions: Etriers
Have them? Yes. Use them? Not really. They are so tempting, but for such infrequent use, don't fit my lifestyle in this season of life.

Thanks for sharing your beautifully organized collection! Would you mind letting us know where you found the belt storage box? I'm looking for something just like this!
Thank you so much! I got the containers from the container store. These are actually meant for jewelry but I repurposed them:smile:

!

same here!

I used to think exactly that but honestly this time of year it’s so easy. Drinks. Cocktails obvious of course. But going to see a film? Dinner? I even take mine to work in a larger tote...

I don’t have a clutch life per se but I have a use for Hermes clutches. I have 3 - Kelly Cut, Medor and Egee and for the type of evening social events I attend (including black tie because rare is the event truly a black tie where you would wear a long gown accessorized with a Judith Leiber jewelled clutch), I pull out one of my Hermes clutches to use. They are the type of handbag for me that is used infrequently but when I need it, I am sure glad I have three to choose from. I don’t use them during the day eg like going to the art gallery look. I’m too functional to pull off that look!

The only Hermès bags I have are clutches. I don’t live a formal lifestyle, but I carry clutches often, more than any other style I have. (I have purchased primarily Bottega Veneta bags for about ten years, but prefer larger clutches than the Knot for practical reasons.) I also like Asian design and architectural influences in bags. So, when I saw an Octogone, I was hooked. Then I saw a Baton de Craie. Then a 2004 Verrou. What can I say? I see eccentricity as being a positive trait and a great cover for impulsive decisions. :yahoo:

Most of the H clutches I have also come in shoulder bag versions. I simply see my clutches as regular bags but without the straps. I occasionally carry a clutch in a tote, especially when I travel. The tote also carries other things and can stay in the hotel room or car trunk when I don’t need it and I simply carry the clutch. Did I mention my ability to rationalize my choices?

I’ve posted a few mod photos on this forum and I’m always casually dressed (usually in jeans) and carrying a clutch. A clutch forces me to edit how much I carry and that’s been a good lesson for me. I think it’s important to note that I’m vintage myself, so I don't need to carry children’s necessities with me or things like snacks.

All these are frequent flyers, except the Verrou. It’s just a bit too small for me to use often.
Yes, I could easily get by with one clutch if I just used it for dressy occasions, and I might get to that point some day, but not yet.....
E2CACF9F-251B-4BD5-B37E-7AC27349BE13.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes a clutch life but owns only one hermes clutch :angel:. I am from the Middle East , so because we have large families, relatives and friends I get invited to many weddings where I have to wear a full length gown and a clutch. I think that a clutch is a must for a black tie event and formal parties because anything 25 or bigger will look out of place . I have a kelly cut vert once nilo croc with ghw and a kelly 20 ostrich in blue sapphire ghw so I think there are enough , I'm not looking for more .

But for a day to day life or for going out to restaurants or so , I prefer to take a kelly 25 mainly for the fact that it has a strap I like to keep my hands free .