Calling all 20c black chevron boy owners!!!

ddebartolo

O.G.
Dec 8, 2007
I just received my 2020 Cruise black old medium caviar boy bag in the mail and I’m not pleased. The two buttons on the strap are REALLY dark silver and a totally different color than the clasp. Almost black looking. The clasp isn’t very aged looking compared to my 2016 boy bag. Can anyone who has this bag tell me if yours is the same? Thank you!

Here’s another pic but the lighting isn’t picking it up as good as IRL

Attachments

• B796CE04-1800-4CED-885C-551900BA98F1.jpeg
    B796CE04-1800-4CED-885C-551900BA98F1.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 257
  • AE656719-1C38-405C-B1F1-33528E3C122C.jpeg
    AE656719-1C38-405C-B1F1-33528E3C122C.jpeg
    251.8 KB · Views: 251
I see the difference in leather and color of HW of old and new boy on the side by side strap comparison. I don’t see that much difference between the clasp and two strap nobs, but it may be the lighting. I used to have the boy from this collection as your older one. I liked the more matte look and softer feel of that caviar. I can’t really speak for the new boys as I have not bought a boy bag for a while and don’t know what the new caviar on boy bags is like now. But from the picture of strap comparison I like the older caviar better. It looks like better leather quality in my opinion, but again I have not handled the newer boy bags. I also see Chanel added the little loop to the strap at the end. They did not have that before from what I remember. They only had one loop before the nobs. Now the strap has two loops?

I see the difference in leather and color of HW of old and new boy on the side by side strap comparison. I don’t see that much difference between the clasp and two strap nobs, but it may be the lighting. I used to have the boy from this collection as your older one. I liked the more matte look and softer feel of that caviar. I can’t really speak for the new boys as I have not bought a boy bag for a while and don’t know what the new caviar on boy bags is like now. But from the picture of strap comparison I like the older caviar better. It looks like better leather quality in my opinion, but again I have not handled the newer boy bags. I also see Chanel added the little loop to the strap at the end. They did not have that before from what I remember. They only had one loop before the nobs. Now the strap has two loops?
Thank you for your reply. Both straps are identical. They’re facing different directions so I think it looks like there’s two loops but there’s only one. When you feel both bags side by side, the newer caviar feels a lot more luxurious. The 16A feels thin especially on the flap. The new one feels a LOT puffier and thicker. Also I noticed when I took pics of them side by side, the newer one looked nicer to me and a richer black. Do you see it?

Attachments

• 2243FE3B-1F25-4410-BBCC-59CD104C9C8A.jpeg
    2243FE3B-1F25-4410-BBCC-59CD104C9C8A.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 246
  • AE830DE1-712B-46F8-B46F-3B253319CDB3.jpeg
    AE830DE1-712B-46F8-B46F-3B253319CDB3.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 248
To be honest, they both look pretty black. I think that the older one is slightly more shiny, but I think it is because of use and the newer one will get a slight seen as well with use. I would keep the new chevron one. I like chevron pattern a lot and if you feel the leather is way better on chevron, then that’s the one to keep.

Good news! I took it into my local boutique and compared it with another new one and I was right. The buttons on my strap were abnormally dark compared to the other one. Also the buttons didn’t match the clasp hardware. I was able to swap mine out with a brand new one that had matching hardware! I’m super happy now :smile:

Reactions: Mypurse78
Good news! I took it into my local boutique and compared it with another new one and I was right. The buttons on my strap were abnormally dark compared to the other one. Also the buttons didn’t match the clasp hardware. I was able to swap mine out with a brand new one that had matching hardware! I’m super happy now :smile:

That’s great. :smile: I’m happy that all worked out to your satisfaction. Please enjoy your new boy in good health.

Reactions: ddebartolo
Thank you for your reply. Both straps are identical. They’re facing different directions so I think it looks like there’s two loops but there’s only one. When you feel both bags side by side, the newer caviar feels a lot more luxurious. The 16A feels thin especially on the flap. The new one feels a LOT puffier and thicker. Also I noticed when I took pics of them side by side, the newer one looked nicer to me and a richer black. Do you see it?
I like chevron better on boy bag and that combo is my next wish list. I saw both combo at Chanel and compared before too that chevron pattern always tend to little puffier and thicker in general compare to regular quilting on boy bag. :smile:

Great news the happy ending! Congrats and enjoy! :smile: