Extra Mini Flaps for 20A?

aksaiyo

O.G.
Aug 8, 2013
Saw these in the Metiers d’Art 2019/2020 pictures!
Looks like the extra mini size? In both a reissue and a classic flap??
This one looks like a reissue because zooming into the strap shows a mademoiselle chain strap instead of the leather and chain of classic flaps:
53FBA8BE-8D4E-4E8E-97DB-66EC07FE9E1C.png
This one is obviously a “classic” flap because of the CC logo and the leather with chain strap. (Classic is in quotes because it’s likely a single flap ).
A77022E8-DB21-4687-8829-52E1D56E2C0E.png
Who else is down? I’m so down for this!

Ok... I may need to have this one! I saw this collection will be in boutiques in June 2020... I am not too familiar with the Chanel world- would one be able to “pre-order”? And if so, when is the right time to do so?

Reactions: aksaiyo
I have a black caviar extra mini from 2013. The bag has a divider inside ( it divides the inner space into 2 tiny parts which makes the capacity very very limited).

curious to see the new version tho.

Reactions: veeroman
If you watch the video of the show, you can really see the dimensions of the bags because they spin in the models’ hands. With their dimensions and the tiny logos, they definitely give off more of a card-wallet on chain vibe than a functional mini flap. This is especially true looking at the length of the chain, which doesn’t appear fit for shoulder or crossbody use.

The extra mini circa 2013’s logo/hardware size, chain length and interior depth give it a definite mini-bag feel, but this version looks more like a wallet on a chain.

For those curious here’s the video!
the extra mini reissue can be seen starting at 2:00min and the extra mini classic at 12:35min

I do agree with the above that it seems to look less like a bag than before? The extra mini was deeper, this one seems to has less depth. Assuming the quilt size is the same, the length should be the same as the 2013 extra mini though.

2B967401-A87F-4BEF-AE05-F82D7BC00B5E.png 7C8615D3-4E92-4FFB-803D-E23141BB4820.png Photos from instagram. I had seen better quality video on Instagram that I was initially referring to, but when I went back to find it under Chanel’s hashtag for the show, I didn’t see it. Someone had filmed Kaia from different angles and you could see the bag a lot better.

Perhaps this will be marketed (and priced) as a bag, but the feeling it gives me personally is more ornamental/novelty/bag charm than a “functional bag” feel.

I really liked this show but I miss the wit and sense of humor of KL.

I have the black extra mini from a few years back... A20 mini looks smaller than my extra mini. My extra mini holds the LV key holder, iPhone max without the case, and car key.