Bag advice — small cracks on sangle

ms_izze

O.G.
Jun 7, 2006
Hi,

I just purchase this new b25 from the store and I noticed small hairline cracks on the sangle on one of the sides.. Some might say it’s the nature of the leather but I was wondering is this common.. would it get worst after use? I love the bag but also don’t want to have problems in the future.. heres a comparison of the good side and the bad side (bad side was lightened a little to show the cracks better). It’s not that apparent but it’s there. Thanks in advance.

612A401C-6CE5-4828-B7DF-524FCFFB68A0-COLLAGE.jpg

I wouldn't expect natural "wrinkles" to be in perfectly straight lines. If you look closely at the "good picture side" on the left you an also see the same markings but they're less noticable because the "crack or wrinkle" hasn"t cracked or wrinkeled through to the dark material underneath. On the right hand side photo the "wrinkles" seem to be deeper and the darker background seems to be showing through.

I wouldn't expect natural "wrinkles" to be in perfectly straight lines. If you look closely at the "good picture side" on the left you an also see the same markings but they're less noticable because the "crack or wrinkle" hasn"t cracked or wrinkeled through to the dark material underneath. On the right hand side photo the "wrinkles" seem to be deeper and the darker background seems to be showing through.

I understand as I thought the same with my novillo birkin. But if you bend the sangle (don't worry nothing will happen) but if you bend the sangle leather back and let the leather stretch, the wrinkles disappear, proving that these arent cracks but just natural wrinkles of the grained leather.

I bought a Bitkin bag today, and I was so so happy and over the moon. I didn't feel I needed to check the quality while at the store.
Later at home, I have been admiring my bag, and when I took the seal off the hardware, I noticed bits of tiny cracks on the leather strap... Please refer to the photo attached. I felt a bucket of ice water poured over my head.
I hope there is something Hermes could do about it...
Has anyone experienced similar issues lately? Do you have any advices?

20210609_213921.jpg

I bought a Bitkin bag today, and I was so so happy and over the moon. I didn't feel I needed to check the quality while at the store.
Later at home, I have been admiring my bag, and when I took the seal off the hardware, I noticed bits of tiny cracks on the leather strap... Please refer to the photo attached. I felt a bucket of ice water poured over my head.
I hope there is something Hermes could do about it...
Has anyone experienced similar issues lately? Do you have any advices?

View attachment 5106019
Perhaps reading this thread might allay your fears. Enjoy your new Birkin! :congrats:

Thanks. It does help. It is not grain of the leather. It is physical cracks. I just hope the straps don't break too easily.

Does any of you notice the strap is softer and thinner leather than other parts of the bag?
This is normal, all my bags in grained leather have and there is no issue with future cracking, etc.

Reactions: Fan2020