Friend showing fake Gucci bags on Social media to order

fitgirl14

Jan 6, 2015
I have a friend who is a fashion blogger. She’s been doing this for less than a year. She has fabulous taste and styles everything really nice. She does not have any high end designer bags. She found a Gucci dupe on a popular website. Now this bag isn’t advertised as a Gucci bag, but it has a Gucci tag inside, has a Gucci printed dust bag, and looks just like the real deal for the most part. The website does not show the front of the bag. Only other shots of it.

It has the heart on the back of it and has the double G on the clasp part. I know about counterfeit bags. I have an authentic Louis Vuitton bag. I researched a lot before buying mine. This is really annoying because for one she has no clue about fakes and two she’s promoting a counterfeit bag. It’s not like its a similar bag. It has the logos on the bag. I’m debating if I should say something or wait if she asks what I think of it. I’m also looking into reporting it. It’s wrong on all levels. Thoughts?

I personally would leave it. I think people that want the authentic bags will buy the authentic bags, and people who can't won't, or will buy fakes. I know eBay is absolutely full of people selling fake Gucci bags (but they're selling as genuine). I saw that someone bought a Gucci Marmont bag for over £700, has left the seller a good review and the bag is 100% a fake. I've reported to eBay but they don't even care. So I'd say as long as she isn't deceiving anyone by telling them it's real, I'd just leave it.

Reactions: fitgirl14
She knows it’s fake thats her choice. Unsolicited advice is often not appreciated. Report the company if you want Your friend choosing to buy fake bags is her business. I suppose you could casually mention she could get in trouble herself for promoting counterfeits. Then I’d move on. Her choice. Good luck

Reactions: pjhm and fitgirl14
I have a friend who is a fashion blogger. She’s been doing this for less than a year. She has fabulous taste and styles everything really nice. She does not have any high end designer bags. She found a Gucci dupe on a popular website. Now this bag isn’t advertised as a Gucci bag, but it has a Gucci tag inside, has a Gucci printed dust bag, and looks just like the real deal for the most part. The website does not show the front of the bag. Only other shots of it.

It has the heart on the back of it and has the double G on the clasp part. I know about counterfeit bags. I have an authentic Louis Vuitton bag. I researched a lot before buying mine. This is really annoying because for one she has no clue about fakes and two she’s promoting a counterfeit bag. It’s not like its a similar bag. It has the logos on the bag. I’m debating if I should say something or wait if she asks what I think of it. I’m also looking into reporting it. It’s wrong on all levels. Thoughts?

I think it would be different if she didn't know it was a fake bag. Since she knows it's more a case of it being on her head.

Report the counterfeit site she bought from to Gucci or Kerrling if you like. I don't know if it's still up but there used to be a contact email address for reporting through Gucci' website (bottom of page).

Reactions: fitgirl14

I would have a difficult time not saying something to her. Counterfeits are bad for everyone and I quit following a friend of a friend on IG who is also a blogger promoting faux Gucci (maybe it’s the same girl!) and it just made me so ma and disgusted. I talked to another friend of ours and she didn’t think it was a huge deal but that it was kinda scummy. I believe in being honest and if it’s bothering you I would ask her if she would considering not promoting the fakes any longer. You definitely risk hurting your relationship though but I would rather have friends who wouldn’t do things like that.

Reactions: papertiger
You should mention to your friend she could get into trouble and even be prosecuted and fined if she is posting links for others to purchase the counterfeit bag or profiting in some way from advertising counterfeits, as she may not be aware of the legal implications, especially when she is doing this very publicly online. If she chooses to use a counterfeit bag that's her business even if you disagree with it. Certainly report the counterfeit website to Gucci.

You should mention to your friend she could get into trouble and even be prosecuted and fined if she is posting links for others to purchase the counterfeit bag or profiting in some way from advertising counterfeits, as she may not be aware of the legal implications, especially when she is doing this very publicly online. If she chooses to use a counterfeit bag that's her business even if you disagree with it. Certainly report the counterfeit website to Gucci.

Good to know. I understand people either want real or fake. I respect that. I was a little too late mentioning it to her. Somebody reported her post and unfortunately both her blog and personal account was taken down. I feel so bad for her. I wish I had mentioned it to her right away. Ugh!

Reactions: DreamingBeauty
Good to know. I understand people either want real or fake. I respect that. I was a little too late mentioning it to her. Somebody reported her post and unfortunately both her blog and personal account was taken down. I feel so bad for her. I wish I had mentioned it to her right away. Ugh!
It's a shame, but we all make mistakes and have to learn, sometimes the hard way. Hopefully all she lost is her online presence and she won't be in too much legal trouble.

I would totally say something to her if she was my friend. It sounds like she is scamming people with that fake bag. Not the kind of person I’d want to be around.