My first and hopefully last surgery (Rhinoplasty) in Seoul.

aloevil

Jan 29, 2019
I knew since a long time ago that I need a rhinoplasty. There is just something about my nose that does not fit my other features. Since I am an Asian I think is the best to choose a surgeon that knows about Asian features. Therefore I chose to do it in Seoul. Even though I was a bit scared of making my nose look like a Korean standard nose. I wanted a better version of my initial nose.

After a huge amount of research, I decided to choose Uvom as my clinic. The reason for this is the natural results of rhinoplasty. That was the style that I was looking for. Also, the surgeon Dr Lee seems to be capable of delivering what I wanted. Unfortunately, I had limited time to actually be in Seoul so I had to decide in advance. Honestly, I did experience cold feed when I got to Seoul but I was determined.

The staff was nice to me already from our chat in Kakaotalk. Tried to answer all my concerns. Even though sometimes a bit slow reply which makes me nervous. In the end, I was really happy with how they treat me.

I had consultation and surgery on the same day. The consultation was pretty nice. I was just a bit disappointed that I didn't remember to ask all the question that I should have asked. I would have like to know more detail like how high the implant would be etc. I had hump removal, osteotomy, tip and bridge augmentation with E-PTFE.

The surgery went well but they had a bit issues with my bleeding. After I woke up I was a bit out of this world but I remember that there were so many staff around me and checking my status which was really nice. Dr Lee also checks my condition before I was released. They had to cut out some ear cartilage for my tips. I had some complication because of it. It was a week after surgery when they took out the bandage of the ear but they placed an earpiece that I needed to wear for a month to keep my ear shape. After I got back hotel I noticed that inside of my ear looks really strange. I should have checked my ear before leaving the clinic or contact them before my other post-op check-up. It was hematomas. There was blood under my tissues that needed to be removed and it was painful. Even the day before my flight back the needed to do blood removing again. I am thankful now that everything is ok but a little bit pissed that the person who removed my bandage did not notice this.

Overall, I am happy with my outcome. I was panicking after removing all the stitches and bandage because my nose bridge was higher than what I expected. It was just swelling and now I think it fits my face very well. The experience was really extreme but Uvom makes me feel like they care even with the language barrier make me a little frustrated and confused.

Attachments

• 1574069568138.jpg
    1574069568138.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 1574069568203.jpg
    1574069568203.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 171
  • 1574069568227.jpg
    1574069568227.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 1574069568241.jpg
    1574069568241.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 174
Reactions: villacola10
Thank you Adam and figjamm!

I am really satisfied with the outcome as I wanted natural and just an improvement version of my nose. In the pic I am a little bit over a month post-op. Now I am closer to three-month post-op. Just a bit lazy to write my story earlier and finally now I had sotime to upload this post.

Reactions: figjamm
Thank you Adam and figjamm!

I am really satisfied with the outcome as I wanted natural and just an improvement version of my nose. In the pic I am a little bit over a month post-op. Now I am closer to three-month post-op. Just a bit lazy to write my story earlier and finally now I had sotime to upload this post.

if you don't mind, could you share with me the prices?

I knew since a long time ago that I need a rhinoplasty. There is just something about my nose that does not fit my other features. Since I am an Asian I think is the best to choose a surgeon that knows about Asian features. Therefore I chose to do it in Seoul. Even though I was a bit scared of making my nose look like a Korean standard nose. I wanted a better version of my initial nose.

After a huge amount of research, I decided to choose Uvom as my clinic. The reason for this is the natural results of rhinoplasty. That was the style that I was looking for. Also, the surgeon Dr Lee seems to be capable of delivering what I wanted. Unfortunately, I had limited time to actually be in Seoul so I had to decide in advance. Honestly, I did experience cold feed when I got to Seoul but I was determined.

The staff was nice to me already from our chat in Kakaotalk. Tried to answer all my concerns. Even though sometimes a bit slow reply which makes me nervous. In the end, I was really happy with how they treat me.

I had consultation and surgery on the same day. The consultation was pretty nice. I was just a bit disappointed that I didn't remember to ask all the question that I should have asked. I would have like to know more detail like how high the implant would be etc. I had hump removal, osteotomy, tip and bridge augmentation with E-PTFE.

The surgery went well but they had a bit issues with my bleeding. After I woke up I was a bit out of this world but I remember that there were so many staff around me and checking my status which was really nice. Dr Lee also checks my condition before I was released. They had to cut out some ear cartilage for my tips. I had some complication because of it. It was a week after surgery when they took out the bandage of the ear but they placed an earpiece that I needed to wear for a month to keep my ear shape. After I got back hotel I noticed that inside of my ear looks really strange. I should have checked my ear before leaving the clinic or contact them before my other post-op check-up. It was hematomas. There was blood under my tissues that needed to be removed and it was painful. Even the day before my flight back the needed to do blood removing again. I am thankful now that everything is ok but a little bit pissed that the person who removed my bandage did not notice this.

Overall, I am happy with my outcome. I was panicking after removing all the stitches and bandage because my nose bridge was higher than what I expected. It was just swelling and now I think it fits my face very well. The experience was really extreme but Uvom makes me feel like they care even with the language barrier make me a little frustrated and confused.

Which Doctor did your rhinoplasty? I really want to do it next year. I liked my previous UVOM experience, but I hear nose jobs are pretty complicated.